PDA

View Full Version : F1 spouse for GC- Please help

rpk83
05-10-2011, 11:11 PM
I will be applying for Employment Based green card (EB 1) as I am a multinational Manger . Would also like to include my spouse in the process. He is currently entering the US in July on F1 Visa to enroll into full time masters for 2 years My employer can file for a green card anytime

I would like to understand the following 1) Can my spouse continue in F1 status and be eligible for internship and OPT until the green card is received 2) Is there any consequences to his present status (F1) because we are going to process his green card? 3) Can he obtain EAD/H1 after his education if the green card is still pending

We don't want to get into a situation where he has lost his privilages as a F1 student because he has applied for green card.Please advice

smuggymba
05-11-2011, 03:11 PM
I will be applying for Employment Based green card (EB 1) as I am a multinational Manger . Would also like to include my spouse in the process. He is currently entering the US in July on F1 Visa to enroll into full time masters for 2 years My employer can file for a green card anytime

I would like to understand the following 1) Can my spouse continue in F1 status and be eligible for internship and OPT until the green card is received 2) Is there any consequences to his present status (F1) because we are going to process his green card? 3) Can he obtain EAD/H1 after his education if the green card is still pending

We don't want to get into a situation where he has lost his privilages as a F1 student because he has applied for green card.Please advice

Are you from infy/TCS/Wipro....in that case no problem.

and yeah...welcome to IV.

getgreensoon1
05-11-2011, 03:27 PM

WHy should his greencard be pending after two years ? He should get it as soon as you get it. In your case, since you are a MULTINATIONAL MANAGER, you should get this in a few weeks.
If you work for companies that commit EB1 multinational manager fraud everyday such as Infosys, TCS, congizant, LT, Wipro, its very likely that your EB1 application will be rejected. USCIS is now aware of these frauds very well and they are cracking down on this very rigourously. I am sure in your case you must be having a bachelors degree (may not be in engineering) and you must have worked in the parent company for a few years and now moved to the US. There must be one software engineer reporting to you in India for a few months until your case is processed. This has been a recipe for disaster in the last few months but you can still try your luck.

vdlrao
05-11-2011, 04:24 PM
WHy should his greencard be pending after two years ? He should get it as soon as you get it. In your case, since you are a MULTINATIONAL MANAGER, you should get this in a few weeks.
If you work for companies that commit EB1 multinational manager fraud everyday such as Infosys, TCS, congizant, LT, Wipro, its very likely that your EB1 application will be rejected. USCIS is now aware of these frauds very well and they are cracking down on this very rigourously. I am sure in your case you must be having a bachelors degree (may not be in engineering) and you must have worked in the parent company for a few years and now moved to the US. There must be one software engineer reporting to you in India for a few months until your case is processed. This has been a recipe for disaster in the last few months but you can still try your luck.

If we don't stop this EB1C fraud completely by the MNCs for their so called managers, our EB3s will be the big loosers who are legally waiting for years and years having a very better qualifications and an experiances than any of the so called managers. This helps EB2 I & C to be current. Yes it will because every year we could expect about 25k spill over from EB1 itself. That helps for EB3s porting/spilling.

smuggymba
05-11-2011, 04:30 PM
If we don't stop this EB1C fraud completely by the MNCs for their so called managers, our EB3s will be the big loosers who are legally waiting for years and years having a very better qualifications and an experiances than any of the so called managers. This helps EB2 I & C to be current. Yes it will because every year we could expect about 25k spill over from EB1 itself. That helps for EB3s porting/spilling.

I just send hard copy letters again this week. Costs nothing, great impact.

This is NUMBER 1 ACTION ITEM for EB3 friends.

EBX-Man
05-11-2011, 04:51 PM
smuggymba / getgreensoon1 / vdlrao

While I am touched by your concern for EB1 fraud and how it impacts EB3, i would hazard a guess that the OP was a troll OP and does not merit any answers

dealguy007
05-11-2011, 05:23 PM

While I am touched by your concern for EB1 fraud and how it impacts EB3, i would hazard a guess that the OP was a troll OP and does not merit any answers

OP is busy, International Manager got a call from her TCS Manager.

smuggymba
05-11-2011, 05:34 PM
OP is busy, International Manager got a call from her TCS Manager.

Please don't insult OP by calling her Intl Manager - they are called "Global Program Manager" and "Executive Engagement Manager". These companies are coming up with new fancy names for these PM's with 70K salary, 6 yrs of experience and 10 college freshers reporting to them.

vdlrao
05-11-2011, 05:35 PM

EB1 Spill Over --> EB2 with oldest priority dates --> EB2 ROW --> --> EB3 with oldest priority dates(India & China) -->EB3 ROW.

Believe me, stopping EB1C fraud directly helps EB3 India.