PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have US citizen children?

dvb123
09-18-2008, 09:17 PM
We would like to know the count of GC waiting applicants with US citizen children.

belmontboy
09-18-2008, 09:18 PM
We would like to know the count of GC waiting applicants with US citizen children.

why??

Saralayar
09-18-2008, 09:44 PM
What is the relationship between your GC and your American Citizen Kids??:confused:

prioritydate
09-18-2008, 10:15 PM
The reason is obvious. One less immigration visa if the kid is a citizen.

reddog
09-18-2008, 11:41 PM
The question is incorrect.
It should be, "How many of you have children that are non-US citizens?"

go_getter007
09-18-2008, 11:44 PM
This reason is preposterous at best.

GG_007

dvb123
09-19-2008, 09:02 AM
Bump

truthinspector
09-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Can we utilize the US Citizen children to campaign for our cause. We can highlight our cause better that way. We shall certainly get more attention. We also must make sure to highlight that we are LEGAL immigrants.

This reason is preposterous at best.

GG_007

jayleno
09-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Not yet. I'm planning to. :D. Can you please eloborate "we", apart from you who else is interested in knowing?

rajeshalex
09-19-2008, 11:44 AM
I have a baby (10 months) US citizen. I can campaign on behalf of him ...

gccovet
09-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Can we utilize the US Citizen children to campaign for our cause. We can highlight our cause better that way. We shall certainly get more attention. We also must make sure to highlight that we are LEGAL immigrants.

I don't think this will fly, two reasons (but we can always try)- Not trying to discourage the thoughts/actions.

1. US Govt. revoked the policy to grant legal status to parents of US born children few years back(per NumberUSA they are called Anchor Baby-- go figure.. I hate this term very much).

2. I had read somewhere of similar case where a family tried to appeal for themselves in a court arguing that his US born child has all the rights to be raised in his country of birth and that he would need his parents to do so, hence the plea. They were told that they could take the child back to home country and US will be glad to welcome the baby when he/she turns 18.

GCCovet.

techbuyer77
09-19-2008, 12:09 PM
That happened to a person I know, she was an undoccumented immigrant or illegal and when facing deportation the judge said he does not think having a US born child was reason enough to grant residence in the US. The child can always come back when becomes 18

tabletpc
09-19-2008, 12:13 PM
This topic is useless...!!!!

What are you going to achive by knowing about US citizens..???
If they make a rule wherin US born child parents should be given the US citizen ship, hands down I can say immigrant will make use of this rule efficiently.:D:D:D:D:D

jonty_11
09-19-2008, 12:28 PM
Illegals do that all thetime to get sanctuary

jayleno
09-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Buddy let me know ASAP if its really going to make a difference, I will try to speed up the process.:D

Better_Days
09-19-2008, 12:56 PM
1. US Govt. revoked the policy to grant legal status to parents of US born children few years back(per NumberUSA they are called Anchor Baby-- go figure.. I hate this term very much).

GCCovet.

I see that term gets thrown around a lot when discussing illegal immigrants. And the words that come to my mind are "Even the mafia did not go after women and children". The fact that people attempt to reduce innocent children to a loaded label like that is nauseating.

tabletpc
09-19-2008, 01:35 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Buddy let me know ASAP if its really going to make a difference, I will try to speed up the process.:D

meridiani.planum
09-19-2008, 01:43 PM
This topic is useless...!!!!

What are you going to achive by knowing about US citizens..???
If they make a rule wherin US born child parents should be given the US citizen ship, hands down I can say immigrant will make use of this rule efficiently.:D:D:D:D:D

right. Either way one has to go through Labor pains. Atleast in this case the case is processed within 9 months, we dont have to keep waiting and looking for Visa Bulletins.

Also, I am sure in this case no one is going to try LC-substitution.

In addition, no one is going to agree to file a case as a 'future employer'. It will only be filed once the employee really commits to the sponsor.

kopra
09-19-2008, 02:15 PM
The Process of giving Birthright citizenship is a law called Jus Soli(14th Amendment) which was implemented in 1900's . Numbersusa and others are fighting to change the Jus soli to jus sanguinis which gives citizenship based on the child's parents Status to reduce the "Numbers".India Abolished Jus Soli in 1987 and dosent offer Birthright citizenship. I think going this Route to discuss the possibility to fight for parents naturalisation based on child's status will make us no different from Illegal Immigrants.

I see that term gets thrown around a lot when discussing illegal immigrants. And the words that come to my mind are "Even the mafia did not go after women and children". The fact that people attempt to reduce innocent children to a loaded label like that is nauseating.

dba9ioracle
09-19-2008, 02:20 PM
The Process of giving Birthright citizenship is a law called Jus Soli(14th Amendment) which was implemented in 1900's . Numbersusa and others are fighting to change the Jus soli to jus sanguinis which gives citizenship based on the child's parents Status to reduce the "Numbers".India Abolished Jus Soli in 1987 and dosent offer Birthright citizenship. I think going this Route to discuss the possibility to fight for parents naturalisation based on child's status will make us no different from Illegal Immigrants.

I agree.

jayleno
09-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Friends,

Those who have US citizen kids Vs Those who dont

Let us fight :D:D:D

Cheran
09-19-2008, 03:02 PM
This is height of desperation. You want put your kid as collateral to get your Green Card. So what will be your argument?
Also, follow Jindal your odds are even better.

kumar1
09-19-2008, 03:26 PM
When I look at my PD, I feel I am going to have some US citizen grand sons/daughters too. Anti-immigration groups call this "Anchor Child".

krishna.ahd
09-19-2008, 03:29 PM
On the lighter side

Think about this , Your citizen kid can sponsor you when he/she attain 18.

So who ever planning to have one , start implementing , and parent of 10 month old just wait for 17 yr 2 months.

desi3933
09-19-2008, 03:40 PM
On the lighter side
Think about this , Your citizen kid can sponsor you when he/she attain 18.

So who ever planning to have one , start implementing , and parent of 10 month old just wait for 17 yr 2 months.

>> Your citizen kid can sponsor you when he/she attain 18
Incorrect. Applicant must be at least 21 years of age to sponsor green cards for parents.

vjkypally
09-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Funny:)Friends,

Those who have US citizen kids Vs Those who dont

Let us fight :D:D:D

Dhundhun
09-19-2008, 03:54 PM

Is there any plan to propose another class to USCIS in addition to EB1, EB2, EB3, ...?

I may have to wait for 25-30 years for my grand-childrens to sponsor me.

Better_Days
09-19-2008, 04:08 PM

belive it or not, I knew that. I mean the part about the US, not the part about India as I don't hail from there.

The point that I was trying to make but did not state clearly enough was that I feel that when one has a political agenda whether it is pro or anti immigration, children should be kept out of it. Labeling children like anchor babies is dehumanizing. I believe that when kids are involved, as human beings, everyone should always be concerned about their best interest rather than what our political view.

This is why I hate the term anchor babies. The antis are willing to even dehumanize kids if it fits with their political view.

addsf345
09-19-2008, 04:15 PM
I wonder if numberusa like groups can use this thread as an eyewash against legal immigrants abusing term anchor babies.

tabletpc
09-19-2008, 04:26 PM
:D:D:D:D

When I look at my PD, I feel I am going to have some US citizen grand sons/daughters too. Anti-immigration groups call this "Anchor Child".

rbms
09-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

jayleno
09-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Your wife/husband/girl friend/boy friend must have already voted on the poll. Yes, this poll is that smart..no duplicates...we(dont ask who the we is) want the exact count. Apparently the exact count is very critical for watever it's intended. :)

Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

rbms
09-19-2008, 04:58 PM
The poll was enabled for me after I posted this message :)

Your wife/husband/girl friend/boy friend must have already voted on the poll. Yes, this poll is that smart..no duplicates...we(dont ask who the we is) want the exact count. Apparently the exact count is very critical for watever it's intended. :)

DesiGuy
09-19-2008, 04:59 PM
Incorrect. Applicant must be at least 21 years of age to sponsor green cards for parents.

i had a son in US approx 2 yrs after i moved there. he will be 9 yrs old this xmas. ;)

only 12 more to go and he can sponsor me. :D:D

kopra
09-19-2008, 04:59 PM
I Agree...

belive it or not, I knew that. I mean the part about the US, not the part about India as I don't hail from there.

The point that I was trying to make but did not state clearly enough was that I feel that when one has a political agenda whether it is pro or anti immigration, children should be kept out of it. Labeling children like anchor babies is dehumanizing. I believe that when kids are involved, as human beings, everyone should always be concerned about their best interest rather than what our political view.

This is why I hate the term anchor babies. The antis are willing to even dehumanize kids if it fits with their political view.

p_kumar
09-19-2008, 05:25 PM
I am happy with my 2003 EB3 PD, approved I-140 and pending I-485 and 2 year EAD and 1 year AP.

I have started 2 companies and happily saving tax money and enjoying life. Let GC take its own sweet time.

sammyb
09-19-2008, 05:48 PM
had a good lough :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ...

who ever started this thread - could you please two questions...

Who are included in the 'we' in the 1st post?
What are you going to do this data?

Anyway continue the laugh ... its good for health ...

sri1309
09-19-2008, 06:43 PM
The question is incorrect.
It should be, "How many of you have children that are non-US citizens?"

Reddog,

Smart.
It should be how many non-citizen children.
But you both missed one more applicant, the spouse.

The question should be,
Are you married and if so, how many children you have who are non-citizens. We do hope most of them should be unmarried:D.

Am I smart too..
:)

Sri.

krishna.ahd
09-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Oops My Bad

One more extension Please

GCWhru
09-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Funny to read this thread, another lighten up thread. :)

optimystic
09-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Reddog,

Smart.
It should be how many non-citizen children.
But you both missed one more applicant, the spouse.

The question should be,
Are you married and if so, how many children you have who are non-citizens. We do hope most of them should be unmarried:D.

Am I smart too..
:)

Sri.

Well the smart question would simply be a multiple choice

How many derivate/dependent applications filed along with your I-485 applications?

a) 1 (just spouse)
b) 2 (spouse + kid)
c) 3 (spouse + 2 kids)
4) I should get vasectomy

Peace. :)

whiteStallion
09-20-2008, 03:35 AM
Guess we are getting there :D
With all the options finalized, can we start voting now ?