PDA

View Full Version : Funds from Successful Immigrants for IV

MC4GC
09-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Hello everyone,

I know that this forum is not running short of ideas. But this my two cents. Can we seek help from the successful immigrants such as founders of Google Ic and Industry leaders such as MS CEO - Steve Balmer etc.. who are vocal about the Immigration issues for Funds. Since we are non-profit org. they should not have any legal issues for Donations.

Can Team IV look into such avenues?. Members can help as much as they can based on their income levels and financial problems. Industry leaders who are supporting immigratin reforms can also helps us with funds that we actually need to help us hire and retain lobbyists or Organize events.

Thanks,
MC4GC
I-485 pending @ NSC
PD : July, 2006

485Mbe4001
09-18-2008, 02:05 PM
I think we should try this on our own and if we have any strong leads we should PM or leave a message for the core they can provide guidance and tips. Let them do their thing and we should do ours to support them. A suggestion is a good start, you can take the lead and generate a few responses.

I say this because, last year i was trying to get some funds from a charitable organization for IV. I emailed the core and they were kind enough to talk to me and guide me through the process. My lead did not work out in the end but the core were very helpful in providing me with all the information i needed. They will even put you in touch with the state chapters. In fact state chapters can take this up as an action item.

Last year i tried getting support from Citizens and GC holders 50% offered sympathy, actually 99% dont give rats ass if we stay or go back. I know i am being blunt but i knocked on may doors over the years. Even desi trade groups and tech groups did not respond. Forget GC holders, even EB applicants are not inclined to volunteer. They will post left and right but when the time comes to do some work, they suddenly become quiet or email that they are really busy (nothing wrong, its human nature).

I have been saying this for a while but we need to get our companies involved in making the calls (i have talked to mine), we are small fry and the opposition is strong. The least we can all do is ask them to make a call or join CompeteAmerica or something.

Lets get real, Status Quo is not going to work, asking core to do everything is not going to work (these are guys who have almost spent all their life savings in making IV work, just read the threads).

NKR
09-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Hello everyone,

I know that this forum is not running short of ideas. But this my two cents. Can we seek help from the successful immigrants such as founders of Google Ic and Industry leaders such as MS CEO - Steve Balmer etc.. who are vocal about the Immigration issues for Funds. Since we are non-profit org. they should not have any legal issues for Donations.

Can Team IV look into such avenues?. Members can help as much as they can based on their income levels and financial problems. Industry leaders who are supporting immigratin reforms can also helps us with funds that we actually need to help us hire and retain lobbyists or Organize events.

Thanks,
MC4GC
I-485 pending @ NSC
PD : July, 2006

All those companies are for increasing H1s but they do not support permanent residency to all those applicants. They want to make money from us, at the same time they do not want to offend a lot of people. They want the have the cake and eat it too. I do not trust them to do anything for us. I might be wrong but this is just my opinion

chanduv23
09-18-2008, 02:34 PM
If every IV member contributes a decent amount - we are good for lobbying. We need not depend on people who do not have a necessity to contribute. Try asking every individual waiting for GC to contribute - look at what they say?

raghuram
11-07-2008, 02:16 PM
If every IV member contributes a decent amount - we are good for lobbying. We need not depend on people who do not have a necessity to contribute. Try asking every individual waiting for GC to contribute - look at what they say?

I agree with chandu. We can't depend upon the people who don't have a necessity to contribute. Why would they contribute?

ncrtpMay2004
11-07-2008, 03:00 PM
there going to be a funding drive do something during the lame duck session?