PDA

View Full Version : MEET LAWMAKERS IN PERSON Dec 2/06 Cambridge, MA

obviously
11-05-2006, 01:43 PM
If you care about making a difference and finding 'face time' with leading lawmakers and officials, show up on Dec 2 2006 at the IAFPE 24th National Convention, Cambridge MA.

Although the event is under the aegis of the Indian American Forum For Political Education, people of *all citizenships* are encouraged to show up *in person* to inform and educate lawmakers on the hopeless situation of immigration today.

Come in strengths, come with confidence, and leave the event knowing that you have done YOUR PART in informing and influencing the dialog about legal immigration woes.

Register online at
http://www.sulekha.com/events/evtdpnew.aspx?cid=206966&nma=BOS

For only $65, spend an ENTIRE day with leading luminaries, find your voice, find your strength, become active.

There are many reasons and excuses one can find to not show up at such an event:
- Someone else will speak about this (true, but you can too!!)
- What can I, one person, do to make a difference? (every voice counts)
- I am too busy (doing what?? booking your 1-way ticket back out of the US??)
- I dont believe in politics (you dont have to. this is about informed policy dialogs not politicking)
- I might get into trouble (really?? for sharing your pains with lawmakers??)
- Well, I have been to other such events and haven't seen a huge difference (we don't know about other events, show up at this event and make that move to make a difference)

Again, remember, whether you are of Indian origin or not, if legal immigration matters to you, show up IN PERSON and don't just sit back and outsource your fate to others to speak on your behalf!!

At the least, you will get instant satisfaction that your voice was heard by those who can make a difference ... and feel free to bring in WRITTEN PETITIONS and PERSONAL STORIES that you can hand over to the lawmakers.

These are RARE OPPORTUNITIES to get face time with leading policy and lawmakers. Show up to make a difference ... the event gives you DIRECT ACCESS ... it is up to you to make the best use of it!!:)

There is nothing to be ashamed about asking for help ... show up in person, and please, please make a difference so that lawmakers can see you in person and walk away with a personal story ... so the next time a bill comes up for deliberation, they can recall and remember the conversation YOU had with them, informing, requesting them to do a better job in caring for legal immigration interests. Lawmakers are just people like you and I. A lot of them may not even know about the issues that we face. Unless we inform and educate them, they will not know enough to make a difference. Come over, get involved and you will find an array of people that can help make a difference!!

If you care about making a difference and finding 'face time' with leading lawmakers and officials, show up on Dec 2 2006 at the IAFPE 24th National Convention, Cambridge MA.
http://www.sulekha.com/events/evtdpnew.aspx?cid=206966&nma=BOS

Best Wishes, Obviously
________
Recall Depakote (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/depakote/)