PDA

View Full Version : A picture is worth a thousand words

soni7007
09-15-2008, 12:08 PM
I have been reading posts where suggestions of writing letters to various political figures have been raised and hopefully implemented. I have a suggestion too, please ignore if this has already been brought up and discussed.

As a popular saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. So, my suggestion is :

Send our pictures to these people (whoever they are - senator, congressmen etc.). We can include 2 pictures each- eg.- one picture when we initially came (5-10 years back, unmarried, younger looking, graduation picture, college campus etc.). Another picture can be a more recent one (with family, kids, in our office, professional attire, house, car etc.).

We can include a tagline behind each picture.

Now since digital photography has taken over hard copies, many of us would be lazy enough to go take prints and then send them to the senators. So, we can email our pictures to one person (or IV core) and they can hand over the package to the concerned authorities.

I know this is a very rough sketch of what is actually involved in making this happen, so please come up with suggestions/ ideas.

rajmehrotra
09-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Nice idea. Sometimes, bare facts are worth quite a few pictures as well. How about compiling and forwarding the following information for each of our family units?

Items can be :
Years spent in the US.
Federal and state income taxes paid during these years.
Social Security contributions made.
Dollars and hours already spent on the immigration process.
Number of U. S. Citizen kids, if any.
A concise writeup on how the applicant's skill set positively impacts the employer.

Munna Bhai
09-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Nice idea. Sometimes, bare facts are worth quite a few pictures as well. How about compiling and forwarding the following information for each of our family units?

Items can be :
Years spent in the US.
Federal and state income taxes paid during these years.
Social Security contributions made.
Dollars and hours already spent on the immigration process.
Number of U. S. Citizen kids, if any.
A concise writeup on how the applicant's skill set positively impacts the employer.

Wonderful idea..I am with you.....

Munna Bhai
09-15-2008, 12:36 PM
great idea ...

please keep this thread alive... we don't have much way out..we need to do something quickly and I am in favour of this idea..

FinalGC
09-15-2008, 12:50 PM
How about sending a letter to the President, using the above suggested structure....asking him to pressurize the congressmen to pass 5822 from the House.......so that he can sign that into law before Nov 4 elections....

leoindiano
09-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Great Idea...

I have all the pictures, I have my degree, technical certifications. We can also put the pictures of our homes if we have one.

LostInGCProcess
09-15-2008, 01:03 PM
This is truly a great idea. We must show the 'family' face of our struggle. This country is built on compassion (at least that's what they claim in the mainstream media). Each one of us must send one family picture to the President of United States and urge him to take a closer look at the current USCIS process and make it better.

I also urge to send a good family picture with kids. Definitely it must impact someone who would look at the pictures.

Good Idea!!

soni7007
09-15-2008, 01:13 PM
I am glad that some of us are positive moving fwd with this idea. There are some other threads talking about other action items (write letters etc.). I think the first thing we need to do is to join hands and then decide a game plan. We need to concentrate the total energy at one point. What do you think?

GCStatus
09-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Good to see this

We all join together in our mission. We will include this in part of confronting first. Check out the other thread as well

asanghi
09-15-2008, 03:15 PM
We can send these to Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid. I am in. However it will only be effective if we manage PR well. The only reason flower campaign worked so well was because it was all over in the news. So I guess we should either copy some reporters (which I think may be too much data for them to appreciate) or make a press release through IV.

dba9ioracle
09-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Nice idea.. I am for it.

JazzByTheBay
09-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Can (and should) be published on the IV web site. We really need to get better at telling our story, imho.

jazz

Wonderful idea..I am with you.....

NolaIndian32
09-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Can you present this idea to pappu, Administrator and gsc999 via private message, please?

I do like the idea and if it has the support of IV Core, we should implement it. Please present to them so that we can have their direction.

Thanks,
Nola

I have been reading posts where suggestions of writing letters to various political figures have been raised and hopefully implemented. I have a suggestion too, please ignore if this has already been brought up and discussed.

As a popular saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. So, my suggestion is :

Send our pictures to these people (whoever they are - senator, congressmen etc.). We can include 2 pictures each- eg.- one picture when we initially came (5-10 years back, unmarried, younger looking, graduation picture, college campus etc.). Another picture can be a more recent one (with family, kids, in our office, professional attire, house, car etc.).

We can include a tagline behind each picture.

Now since digital photography has taken over hard copies, many of us would be lazy enough to go take prints and then send them to the senators. So, we can email our pictures to one person (or IV core) and they can hand over the package to the concerned authorities.

I know this is a very rough sketch of what is actually involved in making this happen, so please come up with suggestions/ ideas.

soni7007
09-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Can you present this idea to pappu, Administrator and gsc999 via private message, please?

I do like the idea and if it has the support of IV Core, we should implement it. Please present to them so that we can have their direction.

Thanks,
Nola

Yes, i will definitely do that.

bsbawa10
09-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Love the idea. I will follow.

hoolahoous
09-15-2008, 07:23 PM
How about making it standard format. That will make it easy for admins/reporters to sum it up. For e.g. millions of dollars per year paid as taxes by people stuck in GC queue will make a good impact. And so would the average amount of years a person has to wait to get GC. So format could be

1) Name
2) Picture(s)
3) Average Tax paid per year
4) Years in US
5) Years waited for GC
6) Number of US citizen kids (with age)
7) --Optional-- Approximate amount paid to USCIS (H1b fee x number of times ported/extended + Labor cost + I140 Cost + I485 cost + Repeated EAD/AP cost) -- I myself have over 7 H1b stamps, two labors, one I-140 , 2 I-485 and 4 EAD/AP.
8) Personal Story (nothing more captures the attention of reporters than a dramatic story) dealing with USCIS (then INS)

Feel free to improve on it.