PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Sept 18 rally: We made history 1 year ago

pappu
09-15-2008, 03:03 AM
I have opened this thread so that we all can remember the Sept 18 and San Jose Rally.

Let us share memories, pictures and interesting facts about this rally. A lot of planning went into it and we should thank everyone that took part in it, contributed to it or helped organize it. New members on IV will also know this important part of IV and gain confidence for participation in this effort.

Let us take inspiration from this for our future campaigns. We should all feel proud that we were part of history.

Amma
09-15-2008, 03:15 AM
I was there in DC rally. It was a nice experiance for me.

desih1b
09-15-2008, 08:42 AM
It was good memory, I was there for the rally last year.

suriajay12
09-15-2008, 09:57 AM
I have opened this thread so that we all can remember the Sept 18 and San Jose Rally.

Let us share memories, pictures and interesting facts about this rally. A lot of planning went into it and we should thank everyone that took part in it, contributed to it or helped organize it. New members on IV will also know this important part of IV and gain confidence for participation in this effort.

Let us take inspiration from this for our future campaigns. We should all feel proud that we were part of history.

Pappu,

I did check with some guys and I know those were very good actions. I'd really appreciate if we spend our energies on HR 5882 that will help a lot of us in getting out of the broken systems. Do you have something thats planned for HR 5882 on that scale as that is a very important step in the right direction,. if so, please let me know,
regards,

Ajay.

Junky
09-15-2008, 09:58 AM
Sorry could not make to the rally. But I really respect & thank all the ppl who have attended it.

leoindiano
09-15-2008, 09:59 AM
I was part of it too... It is good feeling, that i did something to help my GC process...

NKR
09-15-2008, 10:07 AM
I couldnít make it to the rally, but I really appreciate the effort that went into it. I still remember the pictures of the rally and the creative slogans that participants were holding. Many people from ROW countries had pitched in too. I donít know if they still visit the forums but two people come to my mind. Franklin and Mark.. Also, the Chinese legal immigrants association had put in their efforts. My sincere and heartfelt thanks to all those people..

pappu
09-15-2008, 10:13 AM
Let us repost the pictures if anyone has the online album

Caliber
09-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Let us repost the pictures if anyone has the online album

Pappu: I know it is very difficult to organize once again such event especially in the present scenario where we can not even get 5K in contributions. 2007 brought us all together. May be one day we will again come together.

My picture is in my signature. If we click on that link, we are taken to the pictures link.

ashishgour
09-15-2008, 11:34 AM
I was there tooo..had a good time helping out and directing the crowd with a walky-talky while my younger bro and friend had stayed back at the monument to take care of things lying around...
After the rally i remember Sivakanth ( nixtor ) and few other members helping out to clean the area around the monument and also load the banners back in the truck...
Well..bottm line a very satisfying feeling.!!!!!!
Hope we can do something similar for HR5882 this time...:)

Any news on HR5882..??Anyone..??

nk2006
09-15-2008, 12:14 PM
As gc_on_demand suggested on another thread lets marks this anniversary by making it call your congressmen day - to support HR5882. That bill is a great last opportunity for all of us until next congress decides to do something (which may not happen anytime soon). I am not sure if that bill is still alive, if so lets organize and make a collective push for one last time this year.