PDA

View Full Version : If i can be a little blunt !

GCStatus
09-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Folks

First of all, ask yourself the following points before continue reading.

1. Do I need a Green card at ANY cost ( Any cost = Waiting for yrs, Not willing to risk any other options, afraid to raise issues, not pinpointing flaws )

2. Willing to fight for justice.

If you chose the option 1, please stop reading further and good luck.

For the option 2, here we go.I am new to this web site and it seems there are approx 70k people here and lot more outside. Huge enough to create miracles.

Just to remind ourself who we are. We are Highly skilled LEGAL immigrants. It not only means we are skillful but it also means we pay every damn tax which is out there. We pay for welfare. We pay for unemployed. We pay for pensioners. List goes on. We pay fees for every application processed by USCIS ( Labor, I-140,I-485,I-765,I-131 etc etc ). We pay rent. We buy cars. We buy houses. In short, we are nothing but GOLD to this economy.

However, this one department called USCIS is literally toying with us for yrs now as if we are slaves or we are obligated to them. We dont want anyone to do us any favour. We need justice.

Friends - I have self respect and i wasn't born chanting Green Card. I AM going to face them, confront them, demand them to provide justice, if not I want them to REFUND every penny i have paid so far. If this "I AM" becomes "WE", half the battle won. TOGETHER WE STAND, VICTORY/JUSTICE FOR ALL. If you are still hesitant, you made a bad choice of choosing option 2. Please go back to option 1.

ITS ABOUT TIME.

Latest

We are making great progress on this and glad to see tonnes of positive responses. For the people who are viewing this thread first time, please send your name, e-mail, ph number and the amount you are willing to contribute ( in case of a lawsuit ) to man-woman-and-gc (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/member.php?u=24869) who is graciously collecting information for us and adding them in the below spreadsheet. Next steps on the way.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pgWehhQEb3jqwsRC8fcKLTQ&hl=en# (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pgWehhQEb3jqwsRC8fcKLTQ&hl=en#)

reedandbamboo
09-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Lets be REALLY BLUNT ..

You sound like you would fit in with our group .. check out our protest letter and posters here:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21340&page=5

GCStatus
09-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Whats the game plan here?. What will this letter do?. What if we dont get reply?.

We dont give them any room here. We are not letting them decide anything. We provide them options and they have to choose one. If they dont, we sue them.

Options according to me. Feel free to correct/add folks.

1.Process Green card in a consistent manner and provide Green cards who have been waiting for a while and make it current.

2. Refund every DAMN dollar for all the million applicants who didnt get it.

If they are not choosing either, we are SUING. No second thoughts here. We are under the water already.

reedandbamboo
09-13-2008, 10:30 PM
And to be honest, I don't know what happens if they simply choose to ignore us !! But I'm done with doing NOTHING. I need to let them know what I think.

On another note, it appears that the US has chosen to PRETEND to deal with immigration (legal and illegal) by endlessly proposing and killing legislation in Congress. This way they're throwing a bone to us (immigrants) while safeguarding their re-election (since they're not approving any kind of pro-immigration legislation, they aren't incurring the wrath of the almighty electorate).

reedandbamboo
09-13-2008, 10:32 PM
How are you going to fund the lawsuit? (this is a genuine question, not trying to be a smart alec)

hebbar77
09-13-2008, 10:34 PM
I agree to the point that: we pay for unemployment , SS tax etc when we ourselves are not eligible for any of that if we continue on H1, in fact we are supposed to exit this country when we loose job!!!
what a joke...
also did u see this in history:
when europeans came here abt 500 years back, natives did not welcome them nor liked them. Now legal immigrants are coming , and you know how they are treated!!
so I guess system is behaving like normal. Its upto us to fight the system...
by demanding GC , we(for us and our generations) are asking for right to apply for citizenship, ultimately a right on the resource of this country(all resources including natural resource). So there has got to be fight/effort to get it. It will not come just doing what we do for living.

GCStatus
09-13-2008, 10:36 PM
I am willing to FUND every last dollar i can. Its a noble cause. I hope the same from you. We hope we have tonnes of hands.

Yes, It doesnt matter, we are going for it.

GCStatus
09-13-2008, 10:37 PM
I agree to the point that: we pay for unemployment , SS tax etc when we ourselves are not eligible for any of that if we continue on H1, in fact we are supposed to exit this country when we loose job!!!
what a joke...
also did u see this in history:
when europeans came here abt 500 years back, natives did not welcome them nor liked them. Now legal immigrants are coming , and you know how they are treated!!
so I guess system is behaving like normal. Its upto us to fight the system...
by demanding GC , we(for us and our generations) are asking for right to apply for citizenship, ultimately a right on the resource of this country(all resources including natural resource). So there has got to be fight/effort to get it. It will not come just doing what we do for living.
BINGO

hopefulgc
09-13-2008, 11:04 PM
you got my support chief

Folks

1. Do I need a Green card at ANY cost ( Any cost = Waiting for yrs, Not willing to risk any other options, afraid to raise issues, not pinpointing flaws )

For the option 2, here we go.I am new to this web site and it seems there are approx 70k people here and lot more outside. Hugh enough to create miracles.

Just to remind ourself who we are. We are Highly skilled LEGAL immigrants. It not only means we are skillful but it also means we pay every damn tax which is out there. We pay for welfare. We pay for unemployed. We pay for pensioners. List goes on. We pay fees for every application processed by USCIS ( Labor, I-140,I-485,I-765,I-131 etc etc ). We pay rent. We buy cars. We buy houses. In short, we are nothing but GOLD to this economy.

However, this one department called USCIS is literally toying with us for yrs now as if we are slaves or we are obligated to them. We dont want anyone to do us any favour. We need justice.

Friends - I have self respect and i wasn't born chanting Green Card. I AM going to face them, confront them, demand them to provide justice, if not I want them to REFUND every penny i have paid so far. If this "I AM" becomes "WE", half the battle won. TOGETHER WE STAND, VICTORY/JUSTICE FOR ALL. If you are still hesitant, you made a bad choice of choosing option 2. Please go back to option 1.

ITS ABOUT TIME.

GCStatus
09-13-2008, 11:08 PM
you got my support chief

Welcome Aboard Warrior

reedandbamboo
09-13-2008, 11:11 PM
I am willing to FUND every last dollar i can. Its a noble cause. I hope the same from you. We hope we have tonnes of hands.

Yes, It doesnt matter, we are going for it.

Based on my brief experience with the American legal system (i.e., my greedy blood-sucking incompetent immigration lawyer), I don't think I want to get entangled in the American legal system.

I will start with the letters and see what unfolds.

reedandbamboo
09-13-2008, 11:12 PM
Folks

ITS ABOUT TIME.

Could you provide details on your POA (Plan Of Action) .. how are you going to go about facing them, confronting them, demanding justice? I'd be happy to pitch in.

GCStatus
09-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Based on my brief experience with the American legal system (i.e., my greedy blood-sucking incompetent immigration lawyer), I don't think I want to get entangled in the American legal system.

I will start with the letters and see what unfolds.

Yes.

We have thousands here. We take just 1000 people and if everyone contributes 100 dollars - its 100,000 dollars. Just an estimate for lawyer fees incase we get that far

We are from BHARAT. Its a loaded statement. WE dont lose.

TOGETHER WE STAND, TOGETHER WE STAND my brothers and sisters.

GCStatus
09-13-2008, 11:25 PM
Could you provide details on your POA (Plan Of Action) .. how are you going to go about facing them, confronting them, demanding justice? I'd be happy to pitch in.

Like i said, we ask them to do either one of 2 options. If they dont, we file a lawsuit ( obviously its understood the ground work is done )

man-woman-and-gc
09-14-2008, 12:20 AM
Yes.

We have thousands here. We take just 1000 people and if everyone contributes 100 dollars - its 100,000 dollars. Just an estimate for lawyer fees incase we get that far

It sounds easy..but funding drives are not always easy when reality strikes...how about starting a spreadsheet with names and ph# of people who are willing to contribute $100 for this lawsuit. As soon as we have the 1000th name, we start depositing money to a bank account. 100 grand is not small amount and I am sure we can find a good enough lawyer to start a lawsuit for that kind of money.

I and my wife are ready with our 100 bucks each.....and can help with maintaing the spreadsheet etc.... how do we get those 1000 names now....or do we even have support of 1000 people around here...that is the biggest question.

lskreddy
09-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Thanks for starting the thread. I share your grief and agree that we gotta do something. As much as I agree that we have to fight for our rights, I am not too sure if suing is the best option.

Again, if you all decide too, I will be more than glad to contribute my 100 but do we have enough ground to ask the questions in such 'blunt' manner? As much as you and I believe that our lives are completely topsy-turvied by these arcane policies, would some one arguing against our claim say that we are still entitled to do what we were allowed here to do. The employment visa allows us to work in a certain kind of job and nothing is hampering that aspect. Yes, it screws up promotions, displaces your plans to stay and has ill-effects both at a personal as well as professional levels but still..

If we have to sue, I think the ground work one has to do is immense. Find significant amounts of data from USCIS in terms of how random their approvals are and how it affects you after we all paid monies expecting a totally different pattern. If this can be accomplished, we could sue them probably for their lack of customer service, by-passing their guidelines on a consistent basis and thus hampering the lives of several people who were here for example in 2001, etc. I strongly believe data is our best friend (worst too, as it is personal data that we probably might not be entitled to even enquire..)

Again, I am no lawyer. I am sort of playing devil's advocate and just thinking through the obvious rebuttals. If we were too get enough data, combining that with active media publicity and some innovative ideas (flowers/clocks/watches whatever) or getting the businesses to acknowledge, then we may see certain changes.

I don't mean to damper your spirits by any sort. I certainly like the 'return my money if you fail to live by your own guidelines'.

reedandbamboo
09-14-2008, 12:38 AM
I share your concerns .. please join us in first trying the non-legal way .. we have a letter composed and we are going to send it out on monday .. check out the thread "Lets get organized"

Karthikthiru
09-14-2008, 01:08 AM
I am in for it

sparuthi
09-14-2008, 01:47 AM
I will contribute $200 from my side, and I can also get discount on Lawyers thru my firm...

GCStatus
09-14-2008, 05:05 AM
Thanks for starting the thread. I share your grief and agree that we gotta do something. As much as I agree that we have to fight for our rights, I am not too sure if suing is the best option.

Again, if you all decide too, I will be more than glad to contribute my 100 but do we have enough ground to ask the questions in such 'blunt' manner? As much as you and I believe that our lives are completely topsy-turvied by these arcane policies, would some one arguing against our claim say that we are still entitled to do what we were allowed here to do. The employment visa allows us to work in a certain kind of job and nothing is hampering that aspect. Yes, it screws up promotions, displaces your plans to stay and has ill-effects both at a personal as well as professional levels but still..

If we have to sue, I think the ground work one has to do is immense. Find significant amounts of data from USCIS in terms of how random their approvals are and how it affects you after we all paid monies expecting a totally different pattern. If this can be accomplished, we could sue them probably for their lack of customer service, by-passing their guidelines on a consistent basis and thus hampering the lives of several people who were here for example in 2001, etc. I strongly believe data is our best friend (worst too, as it is personal data that we probably might not be entitled to even enquire..)

Again, I am no lawyer. I am sort of playing devil's advocate and just thinking through the obvious rebuttals. If we were too get enough data, combining that with active media publicity and some innovative ideas (flowers/clocks/watches whatever) or getting the businesses to acknowledge, then we may see certain changes.

I don't mean to damper your spirits by any sort. I certainly like the 'return my money if you fail to live by your own guidelines'.

Just the fact that, they keep going back from Current to Unavailable to 2006 to 2003 to etc, we have right to sue. Reasons below.

Financial loss.
Loss of business opportunity
Mental stress
Lack of moblility

List can go on.

GCStatus
09-14-2008, 05:10 AM
It sounds easy..but funding drives are not always easy when reality strikes...how about starting a spreadsheet with names and ph# of people who are willing to contribute $100 for this lawsuit. As soon as we have the 1000th name, we start depositing money to a bank account. 100 grand is not small amount and I am sure we can find a good enough lawyer to start a lawsuit for that kind of money.

I and my wife are ready with our 100 bucks each.....and can help with maintaing the spreadsheet etc.... how do we get those 1000 names now....or do we even have support of 1000 people around here...that is the biggest question.

Exactly

Friends - Please PM me or MAN-WOMAN and GC, your respectively details. We will start accumnulating names.

Show time !

syzygy
09-14-2008, 05:14 AM
No single person can do this alone. A big group like IV should / must sue USCIS.

GCStatus
09-14-2008, 05:19 AM
No single person can do this alone. A big group like IV should / must sue USCIS.

Welcome aboard Friend - We certainly are

arunmohan
09-14-2008, 07:20 AM
GC Status:

I am seeing that reedandbamboo is considering for EB2 only. We have to include EB3 too for law-suit. I beleive that we will have more than 1000 people if we inlcude all categories.

I will give 200$( 100$ for me and 100 $ for my wife)

newuser
09-14-2008, 08:46 AM
I am in

reedandbamboo
09-14-2008, 11:21 AM
GC Status:

I am seeing that reedandbamboo is considering for EB2 only. We have to include EB3 too for law-suit. I beleive that we will have more than 1000 people if we inlcude all categories.

MY LETTER addresses the situation with the visa bulletin using EB2 as an EXAMPLE! I want them to scrutinise their visa bulletin setting technique for EVERYONE but I'm highlighting with a specific example.

The lawsuit, in the event that the letter is ineffective (more likely than not.. but still worthwhile starting with) is for EVERYONE.

chanduv23
09-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Opening threads and then burying them deep like any other thread does not help us.

Thousands of threads were opened like this and everyday we see new threads.

I strongly recommend
(1) Update your profile with true information
(2) Pledge with honesty
(3) Join a state chapter and make yourself visible and available to IV.

We can go from there

There is no other way to organize 70k or more people where everyone just open threads, discuss and then open new threads and discuss and ..... it goers on

I say this from experience - there are people working day and night for IVs cause - with a lot of dedication - there are free riders and majority of people are sitting on fence - want to do something but not quite sure what/how /why and are lost opening these threads and discussing.

Channelizing your frustration, your energies into positive energies will help us achieve our goals. So please decide if you want to move forward and do something about it - State chapters is the best route for contributing towards IV stuff

reedandbamboo
09-14-2008, 12:04 PM
I am a member of the Tri-State Chapter. I've been meaning to ask you, could you take a look at this letter and the posters and bring it to the attention of the Tri-State members?

Here it is: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21340&page=5

Could the rest of you'll following this thread bring these materials to the notice of your respective State Chapters?

Thanks all!

GCStatus
09-14-2008, 03:32 PM
GC Status:

Its for EVERYONE - Read my original description

GCStatus
09-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Opening threads and then burying them deep like any other thread does not help us.

I strongly recommend
(2) Pledge with honesty

We can go from there

There is no other way to organize 70k or more people where everyone just open threads, discuss and then open new threads and discuss and ..... it goers on

I say this from experience - there are people working day and night for IVs cause - with a lot of dedication - there are free riders and majority of people are sitting on fence - want to do something but not quite sure what/how /why and are lost opening these threads and discussing.

Channelizing your frustration, your energies into positive energies will help us achieve our goals. So please decide if you want to move forward and do something about it - State chapters is the best route for contributing towards IV stuff

Chandu - I understand where you come from with your vast experience here. Like i mentioned i am totally new to this site and i am not JUST opening a thread. WE are going to do it. If making the 70k talk is joining the chapter, so be it. Nothing stops us.

Wouldnt have opened the thread just for the heck of it.

Next step is to collect personal informations, see who are nearby meet them in person, arrange conference calls, let the ball rolling

s_kary
09-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Let's make sure that this thread or http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21340 remains at the top "Recent forum posts" on IV homepage, so that more and more people can notice it and we can take a timely action. We might need some help from admin. to get this done. I see that "IV Forum login problems" thread is hardwired to remain at the top. We can do something similar for our thread.

GCStatus
09-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Let's make sure that this thread or http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21340 remains at the top "Recent forum posts" on IV homepage, so that more and more people can notice it and we can take a timely action. We might need some help from admin. to get this done. I see that "IV Forum login problems" thread is hardwired to remain at the top. We can do something similar for our thread.

Great idea Kary, I was thinking the same

madhuvj
09-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Guys,

I have been following this thread and you know what, This is THE thread that is going to change the future and lot of things to come.

Personal Information :

I understand some of your concerns of giving personal information, but just think about it, all you are giving is your Email Address and Phone number. You are not giving away Credit card, SSN and Bank Account numbers. Just think about it, Dont you guys already get junk emails and marketing calls. Are you guys not getting mails about Credit Card offers, Macys and Others. So Dont think too much guys. You always have the option of changing the phone number if things get worse. But I dont think that is gonna happen since most of our information are already out there. We will try to work out something with the Admins here to see if we can get a secured page. If not, let one of us take a responsibility of collecting personal information and host a webpage, I know, atleast , one of us can do it.

Lawyer Fees

Guys, Lawyer fees is not an issue, if we get more people in to this. 100 $ ain't too much when you think , you are spending 1000 $ on EAD and AP year after year. Let us shake the USCIS by taking some courageous step. Again, we are not here crossing borders, they invited us here. Every one of us deserve justice and respect. They cant treat us like slaves. They gotto keep up to their promises or else we will demand it.

Letters to Every one

Our focus should be to get maximum support. Let us send the Letter that we agreed upon, first to, the people from whom,we think, we would get maximum support. Let us keep them aware of what we are trying to achieve. Yes, Iam talking about the list of forture 500 Companies and IT giants, who were trying to push for an increase in H1B quota. Companies that are demading for a better Immigarion system and faster green cards. I know, we already have a thread that has a link to the letter that is signed by all big companies in favor of increasing High-Skilled immigrants. Let us make them hear. Let us, all 70 K folks here, send individual letters to every body who,we think, will support us and then to send it to those, who already knows everything about their inefficiencies,but still falling deaf, on our earlier outcry. Let us prove that, we dont just sit out there crying. Let us show them who we really are. Stand for our Self-Respect guys.

Lawyers

First we will send them the letter in the next 2-3 weeks. I agree, Iam not saying here, that we are gonna see the result just easy. But atleast, let us see, if our efforts are getting heard across the country. If not, Let us get to our next step. Find a Lawyer, who has complete knowledge about the immigration system. I have an idea here, let us approach some one like, Zoe Lofren. I dont think, she is fighting so much for our case, without enough support from the lawyers, who already know much about what is going on here with CIS. Let us see, if she has a personal say on our "Big Step" here.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST

Guys, If some one wants to discourage us or post anything other than words of caution or advise. Please refrain from doing that. We want people to stay positive and throw more positive energy to this thread.

GCStatus
09-14-2008, 05:41 PM
LAST BUT NOT LEAST

Guys, If some one wants to discourage us or post anything other than words of caution or advise. Please refrain from doing that. We want people to stay positive and throw more positive energy to this thread.[/QUOTE]

You the MAN

GCStatus
09-14-2008, 05:48 PM

Dear Admin - If at all its possible?

GCStatus
09-14-2008, 11:13 PM
How many admins do we have here?

GTGC
09-15-2008, 12:27 AM
Chandu - I understand where you come from with your vast experience here. Like i mentioned i am totally new to this site and i am not JUST opening a thread. WE are going to do it. If making the 70k talk is joining the chapter, so be it. Nothing stops us.

Wouldnt have opened the thread just for the heck of it.

Next step is to collect personal informations, see who are nearby meet them in person, arrange conference calls, let the ball rolling

I totally agree with you! We should energize the local chapters and organize some happy hours and get the word out!

I am willing to help out reach out members in my state/area. Please keep this thread going...great initiative!!

GCStatus
09-15-2008, 12:36 AM
I totally agree with you! We should energize the local chapters and organize some happy hours and get the word out!

I am willing to help out reach out members in my state/area. Please keep this thread going...great initiative!!

Yes GTGC

Like MadhuVJ and Man-woman-GC mentioned, we should start gathering personal details, Come up with any suggestions you may also have as well

JazzByTheBay
09-15-2008, 01:18 AM
>>here are people working day and night for IVs cause - with a lot of >>dedication - there are free riders and majority of people are sitting on >>fence - want to do something but not quite sure what/how /why and are lost opening these threads and discussing.

...it does speak volumes about us when you acknowledge that:
- there are people sitting on the fence
- want to do something
- not quite sure what/how/why
- are lost opening threads and discussing

As the first anniversary of the D.C. rally approaches, let's reflect on this.

jazz

I strongly recommend
(2) Pledge with honesty

We can go from there

sandy_77
09-15-2008, 09:12 AM
For those who doubt that a definitive initiative is needed for the Legal immigrant community, may I humbly remind them of the most basic and the most important phrase of the US Constitution..."Every human being has the right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness". What has been happening with all this memos and counter-memos and visa bulletins from the USCIS and the DOS is a denial of our basic human rights...first as Human beings and then as Legal Immigrants. Friends we can possibly build a strong case based on the informed readings of the US Constitution and Law. We have done nothing wrong to get such treatment buy these departments. We have followed every law and requirement that the US Immigration Law has prescribed but because of the sheer number of immigrants from India and China we are being disadvantaged and discriminated by the US Congress, certain laws and by these departments. It is not a legal immigrants fault that the US Law does not limit the F1 visas issued in a year by country and the number of jobs applied under H1b program by country. The endless delays in the GC process clearly disadvantages the legal immigrant community from large countries like India and China compared with legal immigrants from other countries and even US citizens. They clearly cannot pursue their dreams of prosperity, career advancement, security (for himself and family via education, jobs and homes) and overall happiness. Justice delayed is nearly always denied.

An Immigration Attorney and Constitutional Lawyer can build a clear case for us. For reference on human rights, please follow these links:

http://www1.umn.edu/humanrts/oasinstr/zoas2dec.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Bill_of_Rights
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life,_liberty_and_the_pursuit_of_happiness

Sunx_2004
09-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Very important point Sandy-

Since I (legal immigrant) can not pursue my dream/ happiness I can not improve the life of my kid who is US citizen. I would love to see any lawyer's input...

For those who doubt that a definitive initiative is needed for the Legal immigrant community, may I humbly remind them of the most basic and the most important phrase of the US Constitution..."Every human being has the right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness". What has been happening with all this memos and counter-memos and visa bulletins from the USCIS and the DOS is a denial of our basic human rights...first as Human beings and then as Legal Immigrants. Friends we can possibly build a strong case based on the informed readings of the US Constitution and Law. We have done nothing wrong to get such treatment buy these departments. We have followed every law and requirement that the US Immigration Law has prescribed but because of the sheer number of immigrants from India and China we are being disadvantaged and discriminated by the US Congress, certain laws and by these departments. It is not a legal immigrants fault that the US Law does not limit the F1 visas issued in a year by country and the number of jobs applied under H1b program by country. The endless delays in the GC process clearly disadvantages the legal immigrant community from large countries like India and China compared with legal immigrants from other countries and even US citizens. They clearly cannot pursue their dreams of prosperity, career advancement, security (for himself and family via education, jobs and homes) and overall happiness. Justice delayed is nearly always denied.

An Immigration Attorney and Constitutional Lawyer can build a clear case for us. For reference on human rights, please follow these links:

GCStatus
09-15-2008, 11:10 AM
JazzbytheBay - I am sure you read everything from the top.

This is NOT just any other thread. We are going to do it. I am glad to see some brave minds joining on this initiative.

If anyone cant contribute anything, just dont say anything. I thought it was clearly mentioned in the options provided

GCStatus
09-15-2008, 11:16 AM

Good one Sandy

GCStatus
09-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Is it possible to hard wire this thread?

jsquare
09-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Folks

For the option 2, here we go.I am new to this web site and it seems there are approx 70k people here and lot more outside. Hugh enough to create miracles.

ITS ABOUT TIME.

I am in for Option 2

bskrishna
09-15-2008, 12:28 PM
This method of collecting funds to get to a target and execute a pre-planned POA is great! I like this method, where we commit to funds and when we know, we have enough, we pull the trigger. But we need to have a plan and estimate the costs of that plan. This is a great way to go about, i think.

man-woman-and-gc
09-15-2008, 12:36 PM
GC Status:

Ofcourse all categories are included...EB2/EB3, I/C/ROW...anyone who is unhappy with USCIS random processing and retrogression of the dates is welcome to join the fight.

Whoever thinks they are in: please send ur Name, Ph# and email ID to GCSTATUS or me.
We are not collectiong money yet..just a pledge. As soon as we hit the required # of pledges, then we start the money collection. This will ensure that it is not one those efforts that starts, but gets buried due to people not participating. If we do not have enough people interested to fund a lawsuit...we don't move forward....simple !!! The helpless situation we have been put into...has to be backed by numbers.

man-woman-and-gc
09-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Hi GCSTATUS...can u please update your first post in this thread..the new people looking into this thread may not be able to go thru all the posts and will not know what's going on......

pamposh
09-15-2008, 12:48 PM
I am happy to see some beginings here.. although we have had many many threads before for this kind of initiative but I see some difference here... Like some others said we need to draft an action plan from A to Z here (understood that it may not be exactly what we would be following over time but), we need some roadmap to follow to reach our target.

I like the idea of collecting info about who is willing to contribute and I am all for it.
btw, option 1 is not an option for me.

Pamposh

GCStatus
09-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Yes, great to see fellow determined souls here so far

Goal is to get atleast 1000 to start with.

First step is to collect details ( Name, E-mail and Ph No# )

Please send them MAN-WOMAN-GC ASAP . He has gracefully offered to maintain a spreadhseet.

Once we reach the number of resources, we will have conference calls, meet in person whoever can, arrange for money, decide on lawyers ( which MadhuVJ has some very good suggestions ) and move on from there

We are doing it brothers and sisters.

bskrishna
09-15-2008, 01:08 PM
I have sent my contacts ..

GCStatus
09-15-2008, 01:11 PM
can someone who knows the intricacies of such an effort help draft the plan? so we are in the ball park of what resources we need ... ?

Apume - We are targetting atleast 1000 - each 100 dollars will give us 100k - not a bad number for lawyer fees and other stuff, more the better and welcome aboard

GCStatus
09-15-2008, 01:12 PM
I have sent my contacts ..

Thanks Krishna

MAN-WOMAN-GC - Here we go, first one has reached you

GCStatus
09-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Hi GCSTATUS...can u please update your first post in this thread..the new people looking into this thread may not be able to go thru all the posts and will not know what's going on......

Just did

man-woman-and-gc
09-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Friends,

I have created a Shared Spreadsheet with the list of people who have pledged in favor of this effort.
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pgWehhQEb3jqwsRC8fcKLTQ&hl=en#

Everyone can view it, but unfortunately, i didn'y think it was ideal for everyone to edit. I will be more than happy to grant Edit access to a few more folks who are willing to help. Also, from security point of view, i think we should add our IV handle instead of real name. Since we have email ID's and ph#, we can be in touch as soon as it it time for action.

Please keep sending me ur details to add to this list. Remember, we only proceed if we have atleast 1000 pledged members.

I will keep publishing this sheet from time to time on this thread so people know.

Please keep pouring in with ur suggestions.

JazzByTheBay
09-15-2008, 01:18 PM
I appreciate your spirit, although I don't agree with your belief that you own the thread or the messageboards by the virtue of your creating a thread.

What I posted was a plea to introspect (more so as the first anniversary of the D.C. rally approaches) - it was in no way dismissive of your efforts, or an effort to ridicule or demean your thread or its spirit.

Not sure why you felt the need to be rude - being firm and clear about your goals is a sign of leadership, and being blunt may get you some more brownie points. However, brash/rude behavior is not a substitute for that clarity and firmness, imho - particularly with those who may be working towards the same goals as you are (albeit coming at it from a different angle).

All the best in your endeavors, my friend.

jazz

JazzbytheBay - I am sure you read everything from the top.

This is NOT just any other thread. We are going to do it. I am glad to see some brave minds joining on this initiative.

If anyone cant contribute anything, just dont say anything. I thought it was clearly mentioned in the options provided

GCStatus
09-15-2008, 01:21 PM
I appreciate your spirit, although I don't agree with your belief that you own the thread or the messageboards by the virtue of your creating a thread.

What I posted was a plea to introspect (more so as the first anniversary of the D.C. rally approaches) - it was in no way dismissive of your efforts, or an effort to ridicule or demean your thread or its spirit.

Not sure why you felt the need to be rude - being firm and clear about your goals is a sign of leadership, and being blunt may get you some more brownie points. However, brash/rude behavior is not a substitute for that clarity and firmness, imho - particularly with those who may be working towards the same goals as you are (albeit coming at it from a different angle).

All the best in your endeavors, my friend.

jazz

I dont own anything - Its all WE. Its WE

Apologizes if it hurt your feelings - Goal is NO negative energy here. Period.

Please join us in this effort

GCStatus
09-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Friends,

I have created a Shared Spreadsheet with the list of people who have pledged in favor of this effort.

Everyone can view it, but unfortunately, i didn'y think it was ideal for everyone to edit. I will be more than happy to grant Edit access to a few more folks who are willing to help. Also, from security point of view, i think we should add our IV handle instead of real name. Since we have email ID's and ph#, we can be in touch as soon as it it time for action.

Please keep sending me ur details to add to this list. Remember, we only proceed if we have atleast 1000 pledged members.

I will keep publishing this sheet from time to time on this thread so people know.

And we will proceed if its more than 1000 too ;-)

cnachu2
09-15-2008, 01:35 PM
Hi,

Thank You for taking initiation. Please add my name in the spreadsheet.
Chandrasekhar Nachu, 7329105444. My contribution is $100.

Friends,

pamposh
09-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Friends,

My suggestion, please do not make the phone number and email ids available in public. Many (like me) may not like any/everyone knowing my phone number and email id.

we could just hide these two columns... just a thought.

man-woman-and-gc
09-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Hi,

Thank You for taking initiation. Please add my name in the spreadsheet.
Chandrasekhar Nachu, . My contribution is $100.

Thanks buddy..can u please send me ur email ID too? I guess in the future when we have # of pledges grow, we will use email as the way to communicate the status on this effort.

man-woman-and-gc
09-15-2008, 01:42 PM
My suggestion, please do not make the phone number and email ids available in public. Many (like me) may not like any/everyone knowing my phone number and email id.

we could just hide these two columns... just a thought.

Done.

The columns exist but will be hidden.

ItIsNotFunny
09-15-2008, 02:02 PM
you got my support chief

Come up with the plan commander!

GCStatus
09-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Come up with the plan commander!

First step - Gather information and strengthen the support. Once we reach a ballpark, arrange meetings, conference calls

Finalise a lawyer ( MadhUVJ - has great suggestions on it )

Preparing an Action Plan, will be out soon.

Man-Woman-GC is gathering details.

man-woman-and-gc
09-15-2008, 02:17 PM
First step - Gather information and strengthen the support. Once we reach a ballpark, arrange meetings, conference calls

Folks...nothing is going to be feasible unless we have enough numbers beind us....so our sole action item for now should be to get 1000 people to pledge to this effort...one we are 1000 strong....things will start falling into place....I am sure there will be a number of attorney's who will be willing to help us spend 100 grand...;-)

eb2dec2005
09-15-2008, 02:18 PM

hi,
Please let me know the process to pledge the $100. I am not a member of any state chapter but just a registered member on this site.

GCStatus
09-15-2008, 02:20 PM
hi,
Please let me know the process to pledge the $100. I am not a member of any state chapter but just a registered member on this site.

Will let you know once we accumulate details. For now, please provide your name,ph# and e-mail to man-woman-gc

man-woman-and-gc
09-15-2008, 02:22 PM
hi,

Process is simpler than u can imagine,...just send a private message to me with the folowing info:
1) IV Handle
2) Ph#
3) Email ID
4) Amount u want to pledge.

The chek ur IV handle and amount appear on the below list of pledged members:

VivekAhuja
09-15-2008, 03:15 PM
You can do all you want and be as blunt. USCIS doesn't have to answer to you. Stop chanting the "HIGHLY SKILLED", paying all taxes, nonsense. You were not brought to the USA at gun point. You chose to come (and stay). The USA can just put one ad in the newspaper anywhere in the world and there will be 10 million highly skilled NEW people they can bring. They do not need you (us). It is important to remember that we are not doing anyone a favor by being here except yourselves.

Again, because USCIS is so BIG and has millions of applications to process they can say they are trying their best and cannot reply to each individual.

heywhat
09-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Done.

The columns exist but will be hidden.

It's just hidden but when you do export to csv it shows everything. This is not secure. Please be careful with sharing your phone # on public domains.

GCStatus
09-15-2008, 03:36 PM
You can do all you want and be as blunt. USCIS doesn't have to answer to you. Stop chanting the "HIGHLY SKILLED", paying all taxes, nonsense. You were not brought to the USA at gun point. You chose to come (and stay). The USA can just put one ad in the newspaper anywhere in the world and there will be 10 million highly skilled NEW people they can bring. They do not need you (us). It is important to remember that we are not doing anyone a favor by being here except yourselves.

Again, because USCIS is so BIG and has millions of applications to process they can say they are trying their best and cannot reply to each individual.

Vivek Ahuja - Apparently you didnt read the note completely or misunderstood it. All we are saying is be consistent or give our money back.

Yes, we chose to come COZ we were offered to come. We are not complaining here. We want them to follow basic rules.

On a side note, if they dont need immigrants not sure why they created H1B?

No one is doing anyone any favor here. We want everyone do their job.

And not sure whats your agenda of sending this note other than being extremely rude and ignorant.

man-woman-and-gc
09-15-2008, 03:46 PM
It's just hidden but when you do export to csv it shows everything. This is not secure. Please be careful with sharing your phone # on public domains.

Folks...I was told once by an IV core member ' This is the land of the fearless' and therefore we should not fear abut simple things like like sharing our email ID or ph#.

However, keeping this concern in mind that may prevent some members from supporting, i have removed the email ID and ph# column from the public spreadsheet. I will maintain a separate spreadsheet with list of email ID's and ph# so that we can get in touch as soon as it is time for some real action.

Thanks.

pamposh
09-15-2008, 04:05 PM

you are right we were not brought here on a gun point but at the same time we did not beg anyone to bring us here... it is entirely a two sided business deal... and no one is doing any favor to anyone here ... we are doing our job and they must do their's. and yes we are "Highly Skilled" and we do deserve repect and our voices do deserve to be heard. Sure they can put an Ad in any newspaper and replace me with someone else but the question here is not about you or me... it is about the "LEGAL IMMIGRANTS" and which in that case would include anyone who they bring in to replace me.

cnachu2
09-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Thanks buddy..can u please send me ur email ID too? I guess in the future when we have # of pledges grow, we will use email as the way to communicate the status on this effort.
Sure, it is cnachu2@yahoo.com
As some one already asked, please hide phone number and emailid.

madhuvj
09-15-2008, 04:39 PM
You should be proud of what you are doing. Even if you dont do a great job, You should try your best and you should still believe that you are doing it to the best of your ability and no one can do it better. But the way you talk, you seem to be a big loser and one of those, who feel lucky to have got your H1B. Probably, USA wont lose anything when one some like you leave. But Dont talk for the folks here. If you think you are below average, thanks for accepting it. Anyway, we would have known that from your shameless post. Most of us here deserve it and are special and are destined for greater achievements.

Originally Posted by VivekAhuja

man-woman-and-gc
09-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Thanks to all who have pledged so far for fighting against injustice.

To those who haven't yet, we are collecting pledges to file a lawsuit against USICS against these random and opaque processing of GC's. Our target is to get 1000 affected people to pledge atlaset $100 each so that we can fund this lawsuit. No money being collected right now..just honest pledges.

There is a current list of members who have pledged support on the link below.

If you would like to help in this effort, please send me a private message with the following info:
1) Ur IV handle
2) Ph#
3) Email ID
4) Amount you would like to pledge.

Please note, we will move forward only if we have atleast 1000 pledged members to make up a sound force behind this campaign. So unity is the key here. We will not collect money unless we have a solid proof that we are not alone in this fight.

man-woman-and-gc
09-15-2008, 04:50 PM
you are right we were not brought here on a gun point but at the same time we did not beg anyone to bring us here... it is entirely a two sided business deal... and no one is doing any favor to anyone here ... we are doing our job and they must do their's. and yes we are "Highly Skilled" and we do deserve repect and our voices do deserve to be heard. Sure they can put an Ad in any newspaper and replace me with someone else but the question here is not about you or me... it is about the "LEGAL IMMIGRANTS" and which in that case would include anyone who they bring in to replace me.

Absolutely agree...and also please note that yes, they may replace the individual me or the individual you....but can they replace the whole immigrant population who are in the long and endless queue for a GC?

United we stand folks.....individually we may be non-existent.

GCStatus
09-15-2008, 05:17 PM

To those who haven't yet, we are collecting pledges to file a lawsuit against USICS against these random and opaque processing of GC's. Our target is to get 1000 affected people to pledge atlaset $100 each so that we can fund this lawsuit. No money being collected right now..just honest pledges.

If you would like to help in this effort, please send me a private message with the following info:
1) Ur IV handle
2) Ph#
3) Email ID

Please note, we will move forward only if we have atleast 1000 pledged members to make up a sound force behind this campaign. So unity is the key here. We will not collect money unless we have a solid proof that we are not alone in this fight.

More the better, again 1000 an approx number - Please free to contact man-woman-gc with personal details

GCStatus
09-15-2008, 05:18 PM
You should be proud of what you are doing. Even if you dont do a great job, You should try your best and you should still believe that you are doing it to the best of your ability and no one can do it better. But the way you talk, you seem to be a big loser and one of those, who feel lucky to have got your H1B. Probably, USA wont lose anything when one some like you leave. But Dont talk for the folks here. If you think you are below average, thanks for accepting it. Anyway, we would have known that from your shameless post. Most of us here deserve it and are special and are destined for greater achievements.

Well said MadhuVJ

muraliy
09-15-2008, 05:28 PM
I am very new to this forum and have been spending some time here just over the past few weeks. I am trying to learn the ropes of this EB green card system. As someone pointed, I belong to those on the "fence" not knowing what or how to be effective with my time and money in these efforts. I like this thread and I think I want to begin my involvement through this effort.

My opinion is that we don't need a 1000 people to contribute to reach $100000 for the effort. Those who are willing to give $100 would not, I think, hesitate to give another $100 or even more to speed up the process. I for one will contribute $200 and if necessary more for this effort.

Yes, great to see fellow determined souls here so far

Goal is to get atleast 1000 to start with.

First step is to collect details ( Name, E-mail and Ph No# )

Please send them MAN-WOMAN-GC ASAP . He has gracefully offered to maintain a spreadhseet.

Once we reach the number of resources, we will have conference calls, meet in person whoever can, arrange for money, decide on lawyers ( which MadhuVJ has some very good suggestions ) and move on from there

We are doing it brothers and sisters.

GCStatus
09-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Is it possible to hard wire this thread?

No reply from ADMIN yet?

GCStatus
09-15-2008, 05:30 PM
I am very new to this forum and have been spending some time here just over the past few weeks. I am trying to learn the ropes of this EB green card system. As someone pointed, I belong to those on the "fence" not knowing what or how to be effective with my time and money in these efforts. I like this thread and I think I want to begin my involvement through this effort.

My opinion is that we don't need a 1000 people to contribute to reach $100000 for the effort. Those who are willing to give $100 would not, I think, hesitate to give another $100 or even more to speed up the process. I for one will contribute $200 and if necessary more for this effort.

Bingo Murali and welcome

Man-woman-gc just gave a ballpark - 100 is bare minimum, of course more than that is always welcome, i see a 500 dollars too ;-)

apb
09-15-2008, 05:45 PM
We paid money and asking for proper transparent service. There are so many inconsistencies about the way USCIS/DOS operate and utter lack of transparency in case handling. Added to this the process is complicated forcing us to spend $$ with lawyers. If I am paying money I need to know how USCIS is going to give me the service. And once known, USCIS should make it transparent so I know that they are sticking with it. THere was an excellent compilation that I saw few days back about the inefficiencies in USCIS.
We cannot accept that they have 1million application and so they are faltering. If they cannot handle that many why take $$ from us. They could had streamlined resources/applications, etc.. but why is it my problem. I have been lawful and following all the rules. Now when will it ever be USCIS/DOS turn? Investing 10 + years in US and going back is not acceptable...

feedfront
09-15-2008, 05:55 PM
I am all in for donation.

GCStatus
09-15-2008, 05:57 PM
I am all in for donation.

Welcome Feedfront.

Please send your e-mail, ph# to man-woman-and-gc. He is collecting all the details

madhuvj
09-15-2008, 06:10 PM
Come on Guys,

We need more people to break the USCIS back. We can do it. It will not only help people who are currently facing the repercussion of this unreasonable USCIS actions, it will help others. Just think about, It could help your friends, relatives, brothers, sisters, cousins and all people....

This effort is to raise our voice towards the unfair treatment we have been receiving from USCIS since 2002. The First was the huge labor backlog, then came the ever-pending NameChecks, then came the July 2007 fiasco, then the approval of cases based on 485 ND and RD when people with PD < 2004 are waiting for years, then the frequent retrogressions. There are lot of people who got a single year EAD because PD was current till 2006 until last month. Now the dates have gone back to 2003 and no one knows when it will reach 2006 again. This is ridiculous. We need to raise our voice, otherwise, we will not see any light in the future. This is a nice opportunity to come together guys. COME UNITED guys.

tabletpc
09-15-2008, 06:11 PM
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress. - James Adams...

Get back guys. Don't waste your time on GC discussion. D what you love most, things will eventually fall in place.

GCStatus
09-15-2008, 06:14 PM
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress. - James Adams...

Get back guys. Don't waste your time on GC discussion. D what you love most, things will eventually fall in place.

Can i safely assume posting irrelevant/illogical messages in forums is what you "LOVE THE MOST TO DO"

gcgonewild
09-15-2008, 06:38 PM
I 've sent pm.. please update the google doc.

man-woman-and-gc
09-15-2008, 07:14 PM
I 've sent pm.. please update the google doc.

Thanks gcgonewild. The spreadsheet is updated now.

Others who are wondering what's goin on..here's a recap:

We are collecting pledges to file a lawsuit against USICS against these random and opaque processing of GC's. Our target is to get 1000 affected people to pledge atlaset $100 each so that we can fund this lawsuit. No money being collected right now..just honest pledges.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...8fcKLTQ&hl=en#

1) Ur IV handle
2) Ph#
3) Email ID

GCStatus
09-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Third post to get your attention?. Is it possible to make this thread hard wired?. Is it possible to send a PM to all members with the first post?. Thank you.

GCStatus
09-16-2008, 12:15 AM
Third post to get your attention?. Is it possible to make this thread hard wired?. Is it possible to send a PM to all members with the first post?. Thank you.

Who is the ADMIN here??

man-woman-and-gc
09-16-2008, 02:53 AM
Who is the ADMIN here??

You may want to follow up with them via a PM or email. Check the IV core link.

GCStatus
09-16-2008, 03:58 AM
You may want to follow up with them via a PM or email. Check the IV core link.

Yep, did already

lord_labaku
09-16-2008, 08:24 AM
Dudes & Dudettes,

Hasnt the issue of processing order been beaten to death?

I understand the momentum here....not trying to rain on a parade or anything...but shouldnt we be a little practical. How long is litigation going to take? Wont only naive lawyers even take this up?

USCIS can always pull the security reason trump card here.

moreover, during the last quarter...in the effort to not waste visas, low hanging easy to approve cases with later priority dates have gotten approved. wudnt u rather have that than visas going waste?

We have been patient for a very long time....lets see how the dates move in the 1st 2 quarters of fiscal 09.

My personal suggestion....stop worrying aout GC...there are much bigger things in life to worry about. :)

map_boiler
09-16-2008, 11:17 AM
http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5701

GCStatus, I like your enthusiasm, but am a little skeptical regarding whether a class-action lawsuit is really feasible here.

gctest
09-16-2008, 11:20 AM
I can pledge around 200-250 for this.

Go IV!!

1) Ur IV handle
2) Ph#
3) Email ID

man-woman-and-gc
09-16-2008, 11:40 AM
Dudes & Dudettes,

I understand the momentum here....not trying to rain on a parade or anything...but shouldnt we be a little practical. How long is litigation going to take? Wont only naive lawyers even take this up?

moreover, during the last quarter...in the effort to not waste visas, low hanging easy to approve cases with later priority dates have gotten approved. wudnt u rather have that than visas going waste?

We have been patient for a very long time....lets see how the dates move in the 1st 2 quarters of fiscal 09.

My personal suggestion....stop worrying aout GC...there are much bigger things in life to worry about. :)

What do we have to lose here by this effort:
1) $100 or so
2) A few hrs of effort in mobilising and motivating people

What do we have to gain:
1) A sense of unity if we can get anywhere close to 1000 supporters
2) A chance to win against years of injustice and broken system.

Comparing both...I'm definitely in.

Also, we will leave it to the Lawyers to make the case..we all know it is a broken system and loopholes in it definitely will form a case. However, all that are talks up in the air if we cannot have 1000 people support this. First and foremost, we have to create a sound force. Only then we can talk about a future step. With a thousand pledged supporters and 100 grand behind us, we should not underestimate the force.

man-woman-and-gc
09-16-2008, 11:42 AM

Go IV!!

Great Thanks. Please PM me your email ID, Ph# and amount u would like to pledge.

needhelp!
09-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Someone reading the thread for the first time should be able to figure out what the plan is.

man-woman-gc.. can you start a new thread, since you're the one maintaining the spreadsheet?

man-woman-and-gc
09-16-2008, 01:02 PM
Someone reading the thread for the first time should be able to figure out what the plan is.

man-woman-gc.. can you start a new thread, since you're the one maintaining the spreadsheet?

GCSTATUS...Can u please update the First Post...can u plz paste the text detailing what we are doing here...people looking at this thread for the first time may not be able to readl all the posts..

man-woman-and-gc
09-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Only 2 people stepped up today....

How are we going to reach 1000?

GCStatus
09-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Dudes & Dudettes,

Mr.Lord - Before making any comments read and understand the content first. I dont want to explain anything further

GCStatus
09-16-2008, 05:36 PM
http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5701

GCStatus, I like your enthusiasm, but am a little skeptical regarding whether a class-action lawsuit is really feasible here.

Thanks for this great note, Map boiler. Just think alone for a second, what your comment has contributed, if at all it did.

GCStatus
09-16-2008, 05:38 PM

Go IV!!

Do it, Just do it

GCStatus
09-16-2008, 05:39 PM

Someone who is logical, reads the first port

GCStatus
09-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Folks

ITS ABOUT TIME.

GCStatus
09-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Only 2 people stepped up today....

How are we going to reach 1000?

Give it the benefit of the doubt of members not looking. We will wait till Thursday.

GTGC
09-16-2008, 05:53 PM
Great Thanks. Please PM me your email ID, Ph# and amount u would like to pledge.

I can contribute $200 - and dont be disheartened if only 2 people responded today - keep the thread and top and give it visibility!

we've gotta keep moving forward ....!

Alabaman
09-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Yes.

So why doesn't Bharat give you a GC? Funny. BTW everyone is not from Bharat. :D

GCStatus
09-16-2008, 06:12 PM
So why doesn't Bharat give you a GC? Funny. BTW everyone is not from Bharat. :D

Hope you are just joking.

By the way, i didnt realise we have non-indians here too

GCStatus
09-16-2008, 06:14 PM
I can contribute $200 - and dont be disheartened if only 2 people responded today - keep the thread and top and give it visibility!

we've gotta keep moving forward ....!

There you go

madhuvj
09-16-2008, 06:19 PM
Ok now.... Here is something interesting.

Who said ? Lawsuits will not work. If you guys have any doubts ? Follow the links below, iam gonna paste. It will tell you how powerful lawsuits are in this country if you think you have been fooled over and over on false promises. This is especially true in the case of People whose priority date was current for a long time but still they were made to wait because of unknown reasons by USCIS while the folks who had priority dates as recent as 2006 walked with Green Cards. People especially who fall under this category are sure to succeed only by filing lawsuits. I dont see any other way out here.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2005/12/17/immigrants_are_suing_to_speed_up_citizenship/
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=194681

Thanks
MadhuVJ

Dudes & Dudettes,

GCStatus
09-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Ok now.... Here is something interesting.

Who said ? Lawsuits will not work. If you guys have any doubts ? Follow the links below, iam gonna paste. It will tell you how powerful lawsuits are in this country if you think you have been fooled over and over on false promises. This is especially true in the case of People whose priority date was current for a long time but still they were made to wait because of unknown reasons by USCIS while the folks who had priority dates as recent as 2006 walked with Green Cards. People especially who fall under this category are sure to succeed only by filing lawsuits. I dont see any other way out here.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2005/12/17/immigrants_are_suing_to_speed_up_citizenship/
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=194681

Thanks
MadhuVJ

This is what i am talking about ! Good one, MadhuVJ

pranavgandhi
09-16-2008, 06:39 PM
This is the first time I think, it is worth to contribute.

99.99% going back to India but still ready to contribute for this cause.

See if we can do something at international level.
Be in major news. Show them what US is doing with immigrants.

Taking money with all for all citizen cause and not giving single benefit.

Most eligible country for filing Bankruptcy.

GCStatus
09-16-2008, 06:41 PM
This is the first time I think, it is worth to contribute.

99.99% going back to India but still ready to contribute for this cause.

See if we can do something at international level.
Be in major news. Show them what US is doing with immigrants.

Taking money with all for all citizen cause and not giving single benefit.

Most eligible country for filing Bankruptcy.

This is what we like to hear !. Please send your name, e-mail and ph# to man-woman-and-gc who maintains details for us.

madhuvj
09-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Guys

We are doing this to help everyone. Especially, those whose PD is still current as per September VB, if you act with in next 5-10 days, you have a chance. if you can individually file a law suit when your PD is current.Since my guess is, the lawsuit we are working on in this thread, will take some time to shape up. But this is a Biggie, we want to create a big impact. Meanwhile, folks who are out there waiting since 2001,2002.... you can follow the links that i pasted in my previous message. People have won lawsuit very similar to the one we are talking about. I can even paste some of the I-485 lawsuits filed because of unreasonable and unnecessary delays, when PD is current.

Here you go

http://boards.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=1876734&postcount=15992
http://boards.immigration.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17596&d=1221222486

GCStatus
09-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Guys

We are doing this to help everyone. Especially, those whose PD is still current as per September VB, if you act with in next 5-10 days, you have a chance. if you can individually file a law suit when your PD is current.Since my guess is, the lawsuit we are working on in this thread, will take some time to shape up. But this is a Biggie, we want to create a big impact. Meanwhile, folks who are out there waiting since 2001,2002.... you can follow the links that i pasted in my previous message. People have won lawsuit very similar to the one we are talking about. I can even paste some of the I-485 lawsuits filed because of unreasonable and unnecessary delays, when PD is current.

Here you go

http://boards.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=1876734&postcount=15992
http://boards.immigration.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17596&d=1221222486

This is for the non-believers like Mr.Lord

bayarea07
09-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Nothing really matters as of now, what does matter is this

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21393

So Please Call

This is for the non-believers like Mr.Lord

GCStatus
09-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Nothing really matters as of now, what does matter is this

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21393

So Please Call

Tell us to call, DONT TELL its doesnt matter

GCStatus
09-16-2008, 11:16 PM
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/628939.html

man-woman-and-gc
09-17-2008, 01:35 AM
Good Job Folks...keep the pledges coming.

And guys..lets not fight or critisize each other...initiatives like this are voluntary..if u are convinced, welcome aboard, if not, you are more than welcome to watch it from a distance.

Everyone here is mature enough to know what is right and wrong for them and we should respect it regardless of whether they are in favor of this initiative or not...

For now..we are moving forward...and that's what counts at the end of the day.

GCStatus
09-17-2008, 01:55 AM
Folks

ITS ABOUT TIME.

GCStatus
09-17-2008, 01:36 PM
We are making great progress on this and glad to see tonnes of positive responses. For the people who are viewing this thread first time, please send your name, e-mail, ph number and the amount you are willing to contribute ( in case of a lawsuit ) to man-woman-and-gc who is graciously collecting information for us and adding them in the below spreadsheet. Next steps on the way.

VivekAhuja
09-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Vivek Ahuja - Apparently you didnt read the note completely or misunderstood it. All we are saying is be consistent or give our money back.

Yes, we chose to come COZ we were offered to come. We are not complaining here. We want them to follow basic rules.

On a side note, if they dont need immigrants not sure why they created H1B?

No one is doing anyone any favor here. We want everyone do their job.

And not sure whats your agenda of sending this note other than being extremely rude and ignorant.

I know the truth hurts but just because it is the truth does not mean it is rude or ignorant. Be realistic!

prashanthg
09-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Folks

ITS ABOUT TIME.

As an employee, Except for the 485 filing, you are not supposed to pay for anything for the GC. The company that sponsers you pays for all that.
It is illigal for an employee to pay for the GC process.

I am not sure what you are trying to get. Are you going to write a letter to USCIS that you commited an illigal act? And you want to involve bunch of people along with you?

I am utterly confused here.

GCStatus
09-17-2008, 03:23 PM

I know the truth hurts but just because it is the truth does not mean it is rude or ignorant. Be realistic!

Cant talk logic to you buddy. No time right now. Have fun.

GCStatus
09-17-2008, 03:30 PM
As an employee, Except for the 485 filing, you are not supposed to pay for anything for the GC. The company that sponsers you pays for all that.

I am not sure what you are trying to get. Are you going to write a letter to USCIS that you commited an illigal act? And you want to involve bunch of people along with you?

Its unfortunate you are confused. Still appreciate you took sometime even with this confused state of mind to give your valuable 2 cents.

First of all, its not between me and employer for that matter. USCIS is delaying the process with no logical reason ( am i repeating myself from my first post - hopefully you read again and properly this time Mr.confused ).

All we want is to have them follow a pattern. Wait what am i doing here, you are confused, doesnt matter what i write here. Let me know when you are normal ( after all the hormones are in order, if at all that happens ), we can talk.

madhuvj
09-17-2008, 03:33 PM
GCStatus did not mention anything about Labor or I-140 fees here. Nor did he mention, he paid them.

He refers to all the DOLLARS he has paid for , which means, all EAD and AP renewals ( For self and spouse) , Additional Lawyer fees incase of incorrect NOID, additional Bio-Metrics fees.

Wait till you hear the actual Lawsuit. Long way to go. But your post helped us to clarify what we are talking about to rest of the folks like you, incase, they misinterpreted the information.

Thanks to you.
MadhuVJ

pamposh
09-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Its unfortunate you are confused. Still appreciate you took sometime even with this confused state of mind to give your valuable 2 cents.

First of all, its not between me and employer for that matter. USCIS is delaying the process with no logical reason ( am i repeating myself from my first post - hopefully you read again and properly this time Mr.confused ).

All we want is to have them follow a pattern. Wait what am i doing here, you are confused, doesnt matter what i write here. Let me know when you are normal ( after all the hormones are in order, if at all that happens ), we can talk.

GCStatus, I think Prashanthg's point is a valid one but that in no way means that we should not sue USCIS for what all they have been doing all these years. This in fact will help us prepare our case even more stronger against USCIS. It is best we ourselves find all the gaps we might have while we proceed with this case instead of them coming onto the issue.

I would suggest everyone who ofcourse is in favor or in doubt to bring forward the issues they think we need to cover while we move on with this.

Pamposh.

GCStatus
09-17-2008, 03:43 PM
GCStatus, I think Prashanthg's point is a valid one but that in no way means that we should not sue USCIS for what all they have been doing all these years. This in fact will help us prepare our case even more stronger against USCIS. It is best we ourselves find all the gaps we might have while we proceed with this case instead of them coming onto the issue.

I would suggest everyone who ofcourse is in favor or in doubt to bring forward the issues they think we need to cover while we move on with this.

Pamposh.

Pamposh - Point is not we getting money, idea is getting it back from USCIS. Whoever paid it, USCIS got it. Moreover, money is not the only issue. There are quite a few as we listed before.

We are making great progress. Lets keep it going. Its ideal, we dont waste our energy on these.

GCStatus
09-17-2008, 03:48 PM
GCStatus did not mention anything about Labor or I-140 fees here. Nor did he mention, he paid them.

He refers to all the DOLLARS he has paid for , which means, all EAD and AP renewals ( For self and spouse) , Additional Lawyer fees incase of incorrect NOID, additional Bio-Metrics fees.

Wait till you hear the actual Lawsuit. Long way to go. But your post helped us to clarify what we are talking about to rest of the folks like you, incase, they misinterpreted the information.

Thanks to you.
MadhuVJ

Well thanks MadhuVJ

pamposh
09-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Pamposh - Point is not we getting money, idea is getting it back from USCIS. Whoever paid it, USCIS got it. Moreover, money is not the only issue. There are quite a few as we listed before.

Completely agreed. It is not about money, that is just a small portion of the whole issue and it does not matter who paid it. Infact even if the employer is paying for our application he/she is not paying it for free, they pay coz we work for them so logically it could be considered our money...that is what we need to emphasize on.

Its ideal, we dont waste our energy on these.

I don't think we are wasting energy/time by identifying gaps and answering questions to folks who want to know more about what exactly are we talking about here. Moving on and gaining more and more support etc., all these things need to be done in parallel.

GCStatus
09-17-2008, 04:09 PM
I don't think we are wasting energy/time by identifying gaps and answering questions to folks who want to know more about what exactly are we talking about here. Moving on and gaining more and more support etc., all these things need to be done in parallel.

Wanting to know more and talking trash/dumb - 2 different things.

Yes we are here to clarify for the former. For the later, is what my original comment was.

Also like i mentioned before, did we do some analysis on the links MadhuVJ sent few days ago?. I will be calling few lawyers today and keep you all posted

nandakumar
09-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Something needs to be done to make USCIS accountable for its actions.

I welcome this initiative by joining today and pledging to contribute if at least 1000 others come together to push forward this effort.

I have sent my details to man-woman-and-gc.

man-woman-and-gc
09-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Lets not waste our energy on those who don't believe USCIS has done anything wrong or are content with the current state of immigration....lets focus on getting more and more support to this movement.

Ohh..BTW..i had another experience that I would like to share....Today, I went to renew my Driver's license which is expiring next week. I have already applied for H1-B extension. They did not renew my DL and sent it for immigration verification to SAVE(Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements). This process takes up to 3 months and till that time I have to stay without a DL. Worst part, when i went for my DL renewal last time..they did the same and I had to go thru the hardship without a DL for 3 months. I live alone..so imagine how I will live without driving here in US. I have been in US for 6 years and have 6 years of clean driving and immigration history.

I have another friend who went thru the same last year, his condition was even worse as his wife was pregnant at that time. The poor guy had to ask his friends for favors and hire cabs to take his wife to hospital for 3 months.

All of the above, because of the broken immigration system. If we don't raise a voice now,...when will we !!!!!

man-woman-and-gc
09-17-2008, 04:49 PM
For those wondering what's going on in this thread...here's a brief synopsis:

We are collecting pledges to file a lawsuit against USICS against these random and opaque processing of GC's. Our target is to get 1000 affected people to pledge atlaset $100 each so that we can fund this lawsuit. No money being collected right now..just honest pledges.

1) Ur IV handle
2) Ph#
3) Email ID

Once again..we have nothing to lose...but a big gain if we can gather enough support and raise our voice against thsis open injustice.

prashanthg
09-17-2008, 04:51 PM

Man!
You either get too emotional, or too defensive.

I still don't get what you want to achieve.

We all agree that you are not after the money.
You want them to approve the cases this September, before the retrogression hits in Oct.
They canít give the GCís if this yearís quota is already over. Even a judge canít force them Ė it is the law Ė they cannot give any more than the number defined in the law.

On USCIS processes:
USCIS already confessed before the congress that they canít (unable to) process the applications in the priority date order.
If you force them, they will say the same thing in front of a judge. If the judge forces them to process the cases by PD, they will say it will take them couple of years to make changes to their processes/procedures. In the mean time they will waste visa numbers.
(We are still smarting from the BEC fiasco Ė at least I am Ė They took two years just to move the boxes from SWEs).
They have been saying that they are hiring, training and improving blah, blah blah (we have heard all that BS before). And they are going to repeat the same thing again in a court.

So, How do you want to see the USCIS perform and how this law suit is going to help.

Convince me. I will gladly contribute, even though, I have not filed my 485 yet.

GCStatus
09-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Man!
You either get too emotional, or too defensive.

Glad i got a free psychological examination. You are a good man. The way you are understanding the process and understanding our intentions, its a long story to explain.

If you care, you can call me or i can call you, i will be glad to talk.