PDA

View Full Version : Green card in hand and H1 withdrawl ...anything to be concerned off?

permfiling
05-03-2011, 03:29 PM
I used AC21 on H1 to transfer employer 8 months ago. I received my GC 6 months ago (I was with the same employer since H1 transfer). Now I took up a new job in the same field with the original GC sponsor (I140). my previous employer withdrew H1. Just curious if there would be anything to be concerned now.

sagar_nyc
05-03-2011, 03:41 PM
yeah man. you are in deep trouble now. How dare you to leave H1 employer after green card and that too after whole six months.. please contact best lawyer in US right away. :D

I used AC21 on H1 to transfer employer 8 months ago. I received my GC 6 months ago (I was with the same employer since H1 transfer). Now I took up a new job in the same field with the original GC sponsor (I140). my previous employer withdrew H1. Just curious if there would be anything to be concerned now.

nlssubbu
05-03-2011, 03:43 PM

Nothing to worry. Enjoy your GC and work for the GC sponsored company at least for an year or so to be on the safer side.

Thanks

HRPRO
05-03-2011, 04:07 PM
You should probably call your H-1 employer and ask him why it took him so long to withdraw the petition. :D:D:D

ascetic
05-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Well at least you did not ask, "I got my citizenship, and my employer withdrew my H1; Am I out of status?"

PS: Tell me this, after you got your GC did you travel out of US and back using your H1?
Just kidding, don't fall on me like a ton of rocks. A joke once in a while is healthy. Plus the US immigration system rattles a person to his/her core that they are not sure of any thing any more.

permfiling
05-03-2011, 10:50 PM
He...he I always break rules ...bad habit I got :-)

permfiling
05-03-2011, 10:52 PM
Well at least you did not ask, "I got my citizenship, and my employer withdrew my H1; Am I out of status?"

PS: Tell me this, after you got your GC did you travel out of US and back using your H1?
Just kidding, don't fall on me like a ton of rocks. A joke once in a while is healthy. Plus the US immigration system rattles a person to his/her core that they are not sure of any thing any more.

No, I have not traveled outside the US since I got GC.

dummgelauft
05-04-2011, 03:08 PM

Dude, can you guys ever stop!!
Yes, you are in deep trouble. Expect a knock on the door, in the middle of the night, USCIS might take your green card away.
And sagar_nyc is correct, enagage the best lawyer you can find and have him/her get an anticipatory bail for you, JIC.

HRPRO
05-04-2011, 04:04 PM

There are some things money cant buy for every thing else there is Mastercard, So why do you need a Green Card:D:D:D:D:D:D
Sorry Dude, couldnt resist

raj1998
05-05-2011, 07:24 AM

You have a good sense of humor