PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining Canadian Visa at the Seattle Consulate

sprash
05-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Does anyone have any experience how long it takes to get the Canadian visa if my family members who are visiting were to travel to the Canadian Consulate in Seattle.

Earlier you used to get on the same day (in matter of hours), but apparently in March of this year, they changed their policy. "Minimum 24 hours" is not a very helpful indicator for planning :(

Temporary Resident Visas (Visitor Visas)

Applications submitted in person are accepted during our walk in hours Monday through Friday 8am to 10am. Effective March 8, 2011, applications submitted in person will no longer be processed on the same day. The minimum processing time will be 24 hours. Passports will not be returned until processing is completed. Processing times for mail in applications vary, please allow at least 4 weeks for processing. The Seattle Consulate does not provide expedited service, if you have urgent travel, it is recommended that you apply in person.
How to Apply (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/seattle/imm/SEATL_applying.aspx)

sprash
05-04-2011, 09:34 PM
*bump* ... anybody?

gvenkat
05-04-2011, 09:53 PM
You might be better off checking a canadian forum. From what I read it seems it takes a while. I can't believe that those idiots can't give us an on entry visa. Sigh!!!

mouli
02-21-2012, 05:53 PM
I am on H1B in the US. I applied in person for Canadian TR Visa at the Seattle Consulate. The processing time was 24 hours for in person application and passport will be provided back the next day. I am not sure how long it would take if you mailed in your application.

mjdup
02-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Applied in person and received it next day. If you can apply in person do it otherwise mailing option takes probably a week to 10 days.

Its ridiculous as to why they wouldn't return it the same day :confused: Bureaucratic policies making genuine people's travel difficult.