PDA

View Full Version : Urgent : AP Approved but not received

aperregatturv
04-20-2011, 06:24 PM
I applied AP Feb 3 2011 for my wife and i got approved mail and also checked website saying it was approved.

Application Type: I131 , APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On April 8, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

But i have not received the document yet and wife is leaving on 24 th Apr 2011.
I would like to know if she can go without and when i get it i can mail the document so she can come back.

Please help.

Thanks
Arun

samswas
04-20-2011, 06:41 PM
I applied AP Feb 3 2011 for my wife and i got approved mail and also checked website saying it was approved.

Application Type: I131 , APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On April 8, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

But i have not received the document yet and wife is leaving on 24 th Apr 2011.
I would like to know if she can go without and when i get it i can mail the document so she can come back.

Please help.

Thanks
Arun

She need to have AP in hand before leaving the country. I would suggest to take an INFOPASS and go the local office tell them the situation, they should be able to give you the AP there.

Here is the link to make an appointment for INFOPASS

https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php

Another option is talk to your Congressman.

Goodluck

aperregatturv
04-21-2011, 07:38 AM
She need to have AP in hand before leaving the country. I would suggest to take an INFOPASS and go the local office tell them the situation, they should be able to give you the AP there.

Here is the link to make an appointment for INFOPASS

https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php

Another option is talk to your Congressman.

Goodluck

Thank you. I will give it a try.

so my question is, AP is needs be to on hand and how do they know that she has it on hand since it was approved and sent on Apr 8th according to the email.

We can even say yes she had it but lost it over there so i mail her the document. right?

samswas
04-21-2011, 09:30 AM

so my question is, AP is needs be to on hand and how do they know that she has it on hand since it was approved and sent on Apr 8th according to the email.

We can even say yes she had it but lost it over there so i mail her the document. right?

I traveled on AP in 2009 in Lufthansa airlines from Chicago and the airlines asked me about the plan of reentry as I had no VISA in passport before issuing boarding pass. I had to show it to them. I'm not sure, what happens if you say you don't have it with you.

If I'm in your situation, I would rather postpone the trip for few days.

silvinhaphn
05-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Hi aperregatturv

I'm in the same situation... Did u travel before u got the card?

My case was approved on April 27, but I have got nothing on the mail so far and I have my sister's wedding to attend in my country... My husband can go later and give it to me, but I'm a little afraid.

I wanna know if evrything was ok with you and if u would recommend me to do that. I'm going crazy cause my flight is for May 11th and if I need to cancel I gotta do it 2 days in advance, no later than tomorrow I guess... I don't know If I should wait or just cancel flight. I'm going crazy!

Please let me know how it went for you. Or if anyone else have traveled in this way before, give me some advice.

Thanks to all in advance!

Best

ksnlp
05-05-2011, 11:00 AM
If AP is approved. You can travel out of country, Your husband can send it later to you.
But if AP document somehow missed in mail or never reaceived. Thats the problem.

HRPRO
05-05-2011, 11:11 AM

Once AP is approved, you can travel and have someone here send it to you. I have personally done that without a problem. I left the country and a friend of mine brought the document. A couple of my other friends followed my example, travelled without the document in hand and none of us have had a problem.

silvinhaphn
05-05-2011, 03:32 PM
I saw the notice on the website that my AP was approved but I haven't got even the approval notice yet, I thought It was strange. It was like that with you guys? Do they send the notice together with the card?

silvinhaphn
05-05-2011, 03:40 PM
sorry i forgot to say the date... The approval was on April 27th, and today May 05th I haven't got either the letter or the card.

Do they come together or there is something wrong for the fact not even my approval letter have came yet?

jackisback
05-05-2011, 07:31 PM
There is no AP card or an approval notice. When they send the approval notice, they mean the actual AP papers - which is a 1-page document.
They send 2 copies of that.

Like an earlier post said, you can take Infopass and/or call customer service no.
My AP was approved on April 27 and I got it in the mail on 05/03.

silvinhaphn
05-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Hey guys I got the mail today! I'm sooo happy!

Thanks everybody that replied!

aperregatturv
05-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Congrats..

Hey guys I got the mail today! I'm sooo happy!

Thanks everybody that replied!