PDA

View Full Version : Laid off on H1b - 6 month question - advice needed asap

blingamink
04-18-2011, 07:36 PM
Hello All,

I have a question which can probably buy me 1 more month on my visa.

So I got laid off in Mid November 2010 - and have been seeking a position since then. So although not recommended I decided to stick around for 6 months to look for a position - and when I get a new position, I could give the reasoning that I was looking for a new position and wrapping up my several years of life in the US.

But the question I have is - I got laid of Mid November, but my last paycheck is for Mid December(last 2 weeks paycheck) So does the 6 month period start from Mid November OR Mid December?

If Mid November - 6 months Period ends in Mid-May
If Mid December - 6 months Period ends in Mid-June

Please advise ASAP. Thank you!
B

snathan
04-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Hello All,

So I got laid off in Mid November 2010 - and have been seeking a position since then. So although not recommended I decided to stick around for 6 months to look for a position - and when I get a new position, I could give the reasoning that I was looking for a new position and wrapping up my several years of life in the US.

But the question I have is - I got laid of Mid November, but my last paycheck is for Mid December(last 2 weeks paycheck) So does the 6 month period start from Mid November OR Mid December?

B

Troll alert...:D

blingamink
04-18-2011, 08:26 PM
What are you 5 years old?

actaccord
04-18-2011, 10:19 PM
First thing first....why did you decided to stay 6 months (do you know any special law !!!) which is 100% violation of law (IMHO) and it is very clear case of over stay.

From whom you are buying 1 more month ???? better pay some costly attorney to buy it...even then I doubt you have any chance.

Whom you wanted to fool here ???? do you think USCIS will buy your story of " I was looking for a new position and wrapping up my several years of life in the US" .....don't try to fool USCIS and get fooled...if you are following some ill advice better stop now because you will end up your life in worst possible situation which you may not want to face.

If you are aware there is no written law on number of days you can stay in US after you got laid off, but no way you can interpret it as 180+days. The moment you got laid off your count started for over stay unless you had applied for h1 transfer within reasonable time frame (for sure not 6+ months).

whatever method you calculate, you had over stayed and may not get h1 approval (which requires recent pay stubs not 6+ old) even if some company ready to sponsor.

For sure you need attorney consultation as your case is beyond advice on any forum.

Last but not least...by over staying you always end up closing any chance of getting into US...IMO your chances of getting back into US reduces by number of days (read it as %) you over stay.

Hello All,

B

actaccord
04-18-2011, 10:22 PM
really you wanted to ask this question at this point of time ????

What are you 5 years old?

blingamink
04-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks guys, understand time is definitely not on my side - will wrap up from here.

furiouspride
04-19-2011, 12:03 AM
Troll alert...:D
How did you spot this one? Too good :D