PDA

View Full Version : Parent Name mistake in Passport..

Anil777
04-15-2011, 12:12 AM
Hello Everyone,

My wife is trying to process visitor Visa for her parents and she has a problem with her mothers name in the Passport as it reads just the short name instead of her Full name.

I'm wondering if the Affidavit would be sufficient while going for Visa or would this still be a problem?

If affidavit is sufficient, can someone please kindly share the sample affidavit if you have one?

Appreciate your immediate response...!

Thanks
Anil

aarzoo
04-15-2011, 08:37 AM
She can carry a copy of your wife's birth certificate. Also, I guess there is column to specify other names used....she can put her short name in that column.

Alternatively, two affidavits will be required - may be by both parents or by someone who was present at the time of birth.

---------------------

AFFIDAVIT
I, (name of person preparing the Affidavit), after being duly sworn, do hereby depose and say that:

1. I am a citizen and national of (country), born on (date) at (place/country). I reside at (full street address, city, state, country) .
2. I have direct knowledge of the birth of <your name> as I am his (state the relationship, for example, father/mother/uncle/aunt, etc.) and (I gave birth to him, was present at birth, was telephoned by mother, or visited next day in hospital).
3. <your name> was born on <dob> at <place of birth village/ city, district, state, country>.
4. <your name>’s natural parents are <mother's complete name>, the mother and <father's complete name>, the father.
5. This Affidavit is being submitted because <reason for affidavit like name mismatch, incomplete names on birth certificates, etc. >.
6. It is my prayer that this Affidavit be accepted for this purpose.

I AFFIRM under penalty of perjury and upon personal knowledge that the above statements and facts are true and accurate to the best of my knowledge, information and belief.

Signature :
(Name of person)

Date :

STATE OF , CITY/COUNTY OF ,TO WIT :

I HEREBY CERTIFY THAT on this day of , 200 , before me, a Notary Public of the aforesaid State and City/County, personally appeared (name of person preparing the Affidavit), known to me (or satisfactorily proven) to be the person whose name is subscribed to the foregoing instrument, who acknowledged that s/he has executed it for the purposes therein set forth.

Notary Public

My Commission expires :