PDA

View Full Version : Let's Complain about NSC : It worked in the past

rbkrao
08-20-2008, 03:52 PM
All,

I think we need to be proactive and take some action. In the first week of June 2007 when TSC started approving cases and NSC wasn't, NSC folks complained to the USCIS Ombudsman and DHS Hotline. Please see the following thread..

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=252403

This worked positively for the NSC applicants and we've seen many approvals from NSC thereafter. I think its time again we do the same thing to speed up the processing at NSC.

1. Write a letter to the USCIS Ombudsman.

E-mailed to:
cisombudsman.trends@dhs.gov
USCIS-COMPLAINT@DHS.GOV (looks like its an inactive account)
joint.intake@dhs.gov
cisombudsman.publicaffairs@dhs.gov

Processing Delays at Nebraska Service Center for EB2 Cases that have become current from Aug 1, 2008

Respected Mr. Ombudsman,

I am representing hundreds of Employment based green card applicants who have become current on Aug 1, 2008 for final Adjustment of Status at the Nebraska Service Center. You are very well acquainted with the causes of procedural delays in USCIS processing. Apart from procedural delays due to heavy work loads, there are delays attributable to security/background checks and delays caused by visa unavailability. The phenomenon of visa unavailability has caused applicants to apply for multiple EAD cards, Advance Paroles and Finger printing (a pre-condition for an officer to consider the case).

In view of the above requirements and circumstances, obtaining an approval from a service center has become a rare occurrance due to the number of pre-conditions that need to be satisified. Therefore when a visa number becomes current for an application on which all processing is complete, it is reasonable for an applicant to expect that the service center has sufficient resources to speedily approve the case before priority dates move back again.

It has been the recent experience of most of us whose cases are with Nebraska Service Center, that cases have not even be assigned to an officer after the priority dates for August were released in July. The reason given is "we were unaware of the volume of applications that will become current and do not have sufficient officers to process these cases speedily".

I wanted to bring this matter to your attention because, this explanation is completely unacceptable when a legal immigrant has complied with all pre-conditions imposed by USCIS including but not limited to the current processing timeline for the case type mentioned for the service center.

I will appreciate it if you could contact the Nebraska Service Center and obtain an explanation for such lack of preparedness on their part. The service center is currently asking applicants to wait for another 60-90 days for assignment of cases to an officer and processing of the case by the officer. During this time if the priority dates move back, the applicant might have to wait another couple of years for an approval.

I will appreciate your response and assistance in this matter.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

2. Call DHS Hotline and complain.

I just called this DHS hotline and complained about NSC slow processing and how it effects those who are in line.

Please call 1-877-246-8253 and 1-800-323-8603 or fax to 202-344-3390 and 202-254-4292

remember you don't need to reveal your identity, so everyone please call this number and letz put some pressure on these guys

This is your last chance, please call and ask your friends who are stuck in NSC also to call

hopefulgc
08-20-2008, 04:05 PM
btw... email to USCIS-COMPLAINT@DHS.GOV

sends back this
---------------------------------------

You have emailed an inactive account.

If you are inquiring about the status of documentation you have filed with USCIS, or have a complaint relating generally to the nature of the customer service you have been provided by USCIS, please use our National Customer Service phone number 1-800-375-5283 or visit our website at www.uscis.gov.

If you are a CIS employee and wish to file a complaint regarding credible allegations of criminal misconduct or of very serious misconduct by a USCIS employee, guidance can be found online at htttp://osi.uscis.dhs.gov/. Credible allegations of minor but significant misconduct should be reported directly to the office where you believe they may have occured.

mheggade
08-20-2008, 04:10 PM
I sent the email to USCIS Ombudsman

hopefulgc
08-20-2008, 04:15 PM
If you are faxing .. please include the following report number with your fax in
subject line

DHS080820-44

rbkrao
08-20-2008, 04:16 PM
i too got an Out of Office AutoReply for USCIS-COMPLAINT@DHS.GOV.

looks like they are getting hell lot of emails on this since Aug 1st.

Atleast the mail to Omburdsman went ok.

lets all do this guys. In june 2007, when people took this initiative it worked pretty well. they approved hundrads of cases on weekends too.

they even approved files with pending name checks when there was no such
rule at that time to approve cases pending for 6 months with name check.

hydubadi
08-20-2008, 04:17 PM
I emailed!

guy03062
08-20-2008, 04:22 PM
rvkrao,

THanks for this initiative.

Please correct month for following statement in your mail for Ombudsman:
that cases have not even be assigned to an officer after the priority dates for June [August] were released in May [July].

WeldonSprings
08-20-2008, 04:24 PM
This is correct. I wholeheartedly support this measure.

Listen up NSC guys-

If NSC filers want their GC's by Sept. 30, 2008, then we ought to report this Inactivity on part of NSC to the Ombudsman ASAP!!!

Rao is correct. Last year in June 2007, when EB3 became current; NSC was not adjudicating any files till they (the filers) complained to the Ombudsman and results started showing on June. 24, 2007.

I have already e-mailed and faxed the letter.

We got to STOP this inept and lethargic behavior from NSC on I-485s!!!

All,

I think we need to be proactive and take some action. In the first week of June 2007 when TSC started approving cases and NSC wasn't, NSC folks complained to the USCIS Ombudsman and DHS Hotline. Please see the following thread..

This worked positively for the NSC applicants and we've seen many approvals from NSC thereafter. I think its time again we do the same thing to speed up the processing at NSC.

E-mailed to:
USCIS-COMPLAINT@DHS.GOV

Processing Delays at Nebraska Service Center for EB2 Cases that have become current from Aug 1, 2008

Respected Mr. Ombudsman,

I am representing hundreds of Employment based green card applicants who have become current on Aug 1, 2008 for final Adjustment of Status at the Nebraska Service Center. You are very well acquainted with the causes of procedural delays in USCIS processing. Apart from procedural delays due to heavy work loads, there are delays attributable to security/background checks and delays caused by visa unavailability. The phenomenon of visa unavailability has caused applicants to apply for multiple EAD cards, Advance Paroles and Finger printing (a pre-condition for an officer to consider the case).

In view of the above requirements and circumstances, obtaining an approval from a service center has become a rare occurrance due to the number of pre-conditions that need to be satisified. Therefore when a visa number becomes current for an application on which all processing is complete, it is reasonable for an applicant to expect that the service center has sufficient resources to speedily approve the case before priority dates move back again.

It has been the recent experience of most of us whose cases are with Nebraska Service Center, that cases have not even be assigned to an officer after the priority dates for June were released in May. The reason given is "we were unaware of the volume of applications that will become current and do not have sufficient officers to process these cases speedily".

I wanted to bring this matter to your attention because, this explanation is completely unacceptable when a legal immigrant has complied with all pre-conditions imposed by USCIS including but not limited to the current processing timeline for the case type mentioned for the service center.

I will appreciate it if you could contact the Nebraska Service Center and obtain an explanation for such lack of preparedness on their part. The service center is currently asking applicants to wait for another 60-90 days for assignment of cases to an officer and processing of the case by the officer. During this time if the priority dates move back, the applicant might have to wait another couple of years for an approval.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

I just called this DHS hotline and complained about NSC slow processing and how it effects those who are in line.

Please call 1-800-323-8603 or fax to 202-254-4292

remember you don't need to reveal your identity, so everyone please call this number and letz put some pressure on these guys

This is your last chance, please call and ask your friends who are stuck in NSC also to call

reachneel
08-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Sent email

prem_goel
08-20-2008, 04:32 PM
sent e-mails to both accounts. Good Initiative!

rbkrao
08-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Thanks guy03062 for pointing it out. i just took this from the the link i mentioned in the post and overlooked these.

guy03062
08-20-2008, 04:35 PM
and reported complain for delay in EB-2 based I-485 from NSC.

rameshk75
08-20-2008, 04:39 PM
[QUOTE=rbkrao;280329]All,

Sent the email.

Good initiative. Let's work together and achieve the sucess..

Join the hands IV..

WeldonSprings
08-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Also, there is an Ombudsman call on August 26. This is a great opportunity to vioice our CONCERNS!!!

rp0lol
08-20-2008, 05:02 PM
Good Initiative!

akris2
08-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the initiative. Sent email.

hebbar77
08-20-2008, 05:09 PM
Hi guys,
I love this idea, I sent fax and email. I will have 2-3 buddies do the same from my side.

Again this is gonna be as effective as the flower campaign. Spread the word to other buddies in same boat...

hebbar77
08-20-2008, 05:18 PM
thanks

praky
08-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Sent an email to Respected Mr. Ombudsman :)

WeldonSprings
08-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Here are some additional numbers and faxes to contact. Guys, please act. Now is the moment!!!

Number-877-246-8253.
email address: joint.intake@dhs.gov
Fax: 202-344-3390

All,

E-mailed to:
USCIS-COMPLAINT@DHS.GOV

Respected Mr. Ombudsman,

It has been the recent experience of most of us whose cases are with Nebraska Service Center, that cases have not even be assigned to an officer after the priority dates for August were released in July. The reason given is "we were unaware of the volume of applications that will become current and do not have sufficient officers to process these cases speedily".

Thank you.

Sincerely,

eb2dec2005
08-20-2008, 05:53 PM
All,

E-mailed to:
USCIS-COMPLAINT@DHS.GOV

Respected Mr. Ombudsman,

Thank you.

Sincerely,

I have already mailed and faxed the letters to the Ombudsman office.

hebbar77
08-20-2008, 06:08 PM
:)

Form we already have filed is not touched... Now file another form...
Thats a good one!!!:D

WeldonSprings
08-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Form 7001 is for PD 2003 and before. Here we are talking about a group thing. One person can sent an anonymous mail. But what about 20...40... Are they all lying? Certainly Not... Strength is in the numbers. Obviously, we can't sent so many Form 7001s. This is my opinion.

It will not work. I have already tried in the past.

You need to file form 7001 if you really want them to look at your problem seriously. Else these annonymous emails will only get an automated reply and will get deleted.

hebbar77
08-20-2008, 06:11 PM
Form 7001 is for PD 2003 and before. Here we are talking about a group thing. One person can sent an anonymous mail. But what about 20...40... Are they all lying? Certainly Not... Strength is in the numbers. Obviously, we can't sent so many Form 7001s. This is my opinion.

completely agree..

greencard_fever
08-20-2008, 06:26 PM
Also, there is an Ombudsman call on August 26. This is a great opportunity to vioice our CONCERNS!!!

Which number to call to join this conference and also what is the timeings?

WeldonSprings
08-20-2008, 06:31 PM
First email to be include NSC delay in the agenda,then move forward from there:

Also write to Ombudsman at the following address to include this as an agenda item for Aug. 26, 2PM teleconference

cisombudsman.publicaffairs@dhs.gov

Which number to call to join this conference and also what is the timeings?

singhsa3
08-20-2008, 06:32 PM
Just curious, what is ur PD?
It will not work. I have already tried in the past.

You need to file form 7001 if you really want them to look at your problem seriously. Else these annonymous emails will only get an automated reply and will get deleted.

kshitijnt
08-20-2008, 06:40 PM
I sent an email. No harm in trying. I also signed at the bottom with my address & ph no. So it is not an anonymous email.

Sure they get many many emails around the world. But if some 200 emails have same subject, I am sure someone will notice it.

WeldonSprings
08-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Is your chargeability country- Mexico?

His office gets thousands of emails everyday from all around the world. Do you really think each email is read by him?

Someone started a rumor on the site and everyone has fallen for it.

jayleno
08-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Sent an e-mail. I hope it works.

ruchigup
08-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Done.

rameshb49
08-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Sent the e-mail. I hope it works.

newuser
08-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Sent an email to Respected Mr. Ombudsman

kvranand
08-20-2008, 09:29 PM
E-mail sent.

cygent
08-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Here is the url for the calls =--> http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/gc_1171038701035.shtm

This is the url for Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman =--> http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/editorial_0482.shtm

Lets load test the site :D

a_matha
08-20-2008, 09:44 PM
email sent to both the address.Great work.
Avi

sanjay02
08-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi kshitijnt
Once your labor was approved , how was there a problem in your original labor, just curious. Can you please explain?

kshitijnt

kshitijnt has much to be proud of kshitijnt has much to be proud of kshitijnt has much to be proud of kshitijnt has much to be proud of kshitijnt has much to be proud of kshitijnt has much to be proud of kshitijnt has much to be proud of kshitijnt has much to be proud of kshitijnt has much to be proud of
I sent an email. No harm in trying. I also signed at the bottom with my address & ph no. So it is not an anonymous email.

Sure they get many many emails around the world. But if some 200 emails have same subject, I am sure someone will notice it.
PD: 03-Jun-2005 (first labor filed)
I-140 : Approved: Aug-2006
Company acquired: Dec 2006
Problem found in orig labor: Jul-2007
New labor filed: Sep-2007
New labor approved: 18-jan-2008
I-140 (2nd) - 29-apr-2008 (filed)
I-485/765/131 - 14-aug-2008 (filed) , OLD PD recaptured.

pmb76
08-21-2008, 05:59 AM
I already did all of this faxing / calling, etc. last week itself before this thread was started ... but we need volume - a few people doing it sincerely may not go a long way in fixing this.

Also, we should have a dharna / morcha infront of USCIS NSC in the first week of September - that will give them enough time for the rest of the month to process all possible 485 applications. What say?

You meant organizing a peaceful rally/demonstration/protest. Dharna/Morcha sound like the terms used by political parties in India when they want to shutdown normal functioning and engage in hooliganism. They also use terms like "bandh" and "rasta roko" :D.
Indian politicians also hire people to come to their rallies. What a bunch of crooks.

ashwinr
08-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Will send fax too.

stupendousman11
08-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Good initiative. Hope more of us participate.

arkrish68
08-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Sent email

stupendousman11
08-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Got this in response to my email:

"From: Public Affairs, CISOmbudsman <CISOmbudsman.Publicaffairs@dhs.gov>

Thank you for your email advising our office about the difficulties you are having with the USCIS regarding the processing of adjustment cases at the Nebraska Service Center . If you have a specific case problem that you would like our office to research, please visit our website for information on how to submit a case problem using DHS Form 7001. www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman/. For privacy reasons, we require written consent before we can research your case.

We have heard numerous inquiries about this issue and are looking into it. We have a teleconference series and post Q&As received from the call on our website. We have asked USCIS to respond to several questions concerning this issue and hope to post their response shortly.

I believe that first hand information from individuals like you is the best source for identifying systemic problems in the immigration benefits process. My office will consider the information you provided as we develop recommendations to improve USCISí practices and procedures.

Please note that CIS Ombudsman is independent from USCIS and cannot adjudicate immigration applications or serve as a substitute for the legal options offered by USCIS to correct a problem. It is outside the authority of the CIS Ombudsman to grant or reverse a denial of an immigration benefit.

Thank you again for your time and input.
CIS Ombudsman Office"

WeldonSprings
08-21-2008, 04:59 PM
As, I said, it was well worth the effort. We need to have more e-mails and also voice our concerns with the Ombudsman during the conference call on Aug. 26, 2008. Details on how to participate in the conference call are posted somewhere on this particular thread.

On a side note there has not been a single NSC approval today.

So, guys let's get together and make our voices louder. I am sure someone will give us a hearing. Still one month to go!!!

Got this in response to my email:

"From: Public Affairs, CISOmbudsman <CISOmbudsman.Publicaffairs@dhs.gov>

Thank you for your email advising our office about the difficulties you are having with the USCIS regarding the processing of adjustment cases at the Nebraska Service Center . If you have a specific case problem that you would like our office to research, please visit our website for information on how to submit a case problem using DHS Form 7001. www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman/. For privacy reasons, we require written consent before we can research your case.

We have heard numerous inquiries about this issue and are looking into it. We have a teleconference series and post Q&As received from the call on our website. We have asked USCIS to respond to several questions concerning this issue and hope to post their response shortly.

I believe that first hand information from individuals like you is the best source for identifying systemic problems in the immigration benefits process. My office will consider the information you provided as we develop recommendations to improve USCISí practices and procedures.

Please note that CIS Ombudsman is independent from USCIS and cannot adjudicate immigration applications or serve as a substitute for the legal options offered by USCIS to correct a problem. It is outside the authority of the CIS Ombudsman to grant or reverse a denial of an immigration benefit.

Thank you again for your time and input.
CIS Ombudsman Office"

WeldonSprings
08-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Does anyone know How to contact AILA-

Perhaps they can ask their respective lawyers.

If AILA raises this systemic issue with majority of NSC filers then they might take some action.

Slow processing at NSC doesn't delay one individual, but harms all.

As, I said, it was well worth the effort. We need to have more e-mails and also voice our concerns with the Ombudsman during the conference call on Aug. 26, 2008. Details on how to participate in the conference call are posted somewhere on this particular thread.

On a side note there has not been a single NSC approval today.

So, guys let's get together and make our voices louder. I am sure someone will give us a hearing. Still one month to go!!!

justsomeguy
08-22-2008, 12:59 AM
AILA -

http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?bc=1145

Contact AILA Public Affairs ?

Public Affairs -- newsroom@aila.org

WeldonSprings
08-22-2008, 01:03 AM
Guys, I am calling this number tomorrow...No Approvals from NSC today on - We just can't sit and watch!!!

American Immigration Lawyers Association
Suite 300, 1331 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005-3142
Phone: 202-507-7600
Fax: 202-783-7853
AILA -

http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?bc=1145

Contact AILA Public Affairs ?

Public Affairs -- newsroom@aila.org

justsomeguy
08-22-2008, 01:09 AM
here's the website for the The CIS Ombudsmanís Community Call-In Teleconference Series-

http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/gc_1171038701035.shtm

Date: August 26, 2 pm EST