PDA

View Full Version : USCIS did not reply to the RFE

gtrupti76
04-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Hi there,

USCIS had not replied to my reply to the RFE since aug 2009 (they are supposed to do so within 60days) . Does this makes the case fall outside normal USCIS processing time. The last response from USCIS was in Aug 2009 asking for RFE (request for evidence).
My Priority date has become current according to the May 2011 VB.
Do I need to do anything?

If the priority date is current, how many days does it take to get the GC?
Can I travel outside the country in this time span ?

Thanks,
Trupti
:confused:

bugsbunny
04-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Hi there,

USCIS had not replied to my reply to the RFE since aug 2009 (they are supposed to do so within 60days) . Does this makes the case fall outside normal USCIS processing time. The last response from USCIS was in Aug 2009 asking for RFE (request for evidence).
My Priority date has become current according to the May 2011 VB.
Do I need to do anything?

If the priority date is current, how many days does it take to get the GC?
Can I travel outside the country in this time span ?

Thanks,
Trupti
:confused:

call USCIS customer service
if you don't get any or enough information
then make an appointment at the closest local USCIS office

if you have valid AP you can travel...however there might be issues...as when you come back they will run a check and see that you already have GC...it might cause delay or confusion....better to consult an attorney regarding your specific case...and how long your travel is for

you can also post your question in our free weekly attorney conference call on thursdays :)

gtrupti76
04-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Thanks Bugs Bunny. I have already called USCIS and they have asked to wait for 30 days and they will get back to me.

abhay
05-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Same problem with mine they sent RFE on May 18th 2009, and My lawyer sent the response in time but online status never changed, After asking here, one of the lawyers said that USCIS system has problem where sometimes the status never changes and USCIS cannot do anything about it. She advised me to ask my lawyer to go through AILA, I paid extra to my lawyer to do that, but still nothing received, since then My AP is approved twice and EAD also approved once. My lawyer said she has spoken with the officer and they have confirmed that they have received the response.

If you have already received your GC please let me know, I will be relieved to hear that.
Thanks

Beautiful_Mind
06-28-2011, 04:39 PM
"USCIS had not replied to my reply to the RFE since aug 2009 (they are supposed to do so within 60days) "

i'm in the same boat.. dont know what to do..

cool_desi_gc
04-05-2012, 11:39 AM
I had the same issue. Had an RFE is early 2009 which i responded right away. The online status still says "Request for Evidence response under review". I took an Infopass yesterday and they confirmed that they have received my response and everything is sorted out from their end. They dont know why the online status is still not changed. But I am clear off the RFE.

pappu
04-05-2012, 11:49 AM
When I read the title of the thread, it felt like you issued an RFE to USCIS and did not get a response. :)