PDA

View Full Version : RFE for Photos

z029556
08-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Hello Guys,

I have E-Filed for EAD renew on jne 27th and have sent all the supporting documents the following day. But on Aug 6th recieved an RFE for the photos I haven't sent along with the documents and asked me submit 2 color passport photos. It was my understading that I don't have to send the photos while E-filing since they will be taken at the bio-metric appt. I am done with my bio-metric appt. Do i need to contact USCIS about this or is there any thing you guys can suggest me.

Regards
Vijay

p.s I have already responded to the RFE with 2 color photos.

smartboy75
08-14-2008, 03:48 PM
Another bizzare behaviour with Renewal of Efile EAD....

My 2 cents is just send them what they need....they have specifically asked us not to send photos when e-filling and now they raise an RFE coz u did not send photos...

God come down to earth and save us from this atrocity....

dhesha
08-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Hello Guys,

I have E-Filed for EAD renew on jne 27th and have sent all the supporting documents the following day. But on Aug 6th recieved an RFE for the photos I haven't sent along with the documents and asked me submit 2 color passport photos. It was my understading that I don't have to send the photos while E-filing since they will be taken at the bio-metric appt. I am done with my bio-metric appt. Do i need to contact USCIS about this or is there any thing you guys can suggest me.

Regards
Vijay

p.s I have already responded to the RFE with 2 color photos.

Some times we need to think ahead!!. I sent all the stuff (Including the one they asked not to send) and got EAD on time :-)

rajeshalex
08-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Send the photo to USCIS and also sent the RFE copy to ombudsman

immiusa
08-14-2008, 04:00 PM
You did good thing by not sending unnecessary documentation. It is your bad luck to have an RFE for unnecessary documentation.

Some times people do send the few additional document even if they are not required. This could lead to a problem.

Ex: While attending a personal interview at a USA consulate. Every body suggests "Answer to question", not more and not less. The same rule should apply

People send extra documentation as a precautionary measure. But an IO officer may not understand the necessity of the document and send you an RFE. which would potentially delay the approval process.

syedajmal
08-14-2008, 04:03 PM
I e-filed both my EAD and AP. My EAD has been approved while I just recieved an RFE for Photos for AP. I was under the same assumption and did not send in the photos earlier. I did send it now with the RFE.

My 2 cents, When they ask for something give it to them. I mean if they need to take fingerprints every year with EAD, this is much less stupid.

z029556
08-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Hi Sydeajmal,

How long did it take for your EAD to get approved once you have submitted your RFE

Regards
Vijay

nashim
08-14-2008, 04:26 PM
After seeing this type of RFE, it looks like IO comes under EB10 category but fortunately/ unfortunately EB10 does not exist that’s why they fall under citizen category.

gcbikari
08-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Next time check out this forum (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20900) advice before you send your fotoes. Just kidding.

syedajmal
09-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Hi Sydeajmal,

How long did it take for your EAD to get approved once you have submitted your RFE

Regards
Vijay

I got my AP approved on 09/13 and got the documents on 09/20

gcdreamer05
09-22-2008, 01:58 PM
I got my AP approved on 09/13 and got the documents on 09/20

could you please share when you applied for AP so that we can know how long it took for approval after RFE...

syedajmal
09-22-2008, 04:00 PM
could you please share when you applied for AP so that we can know how long it took for approval after RFE...

Applied for EAD/AP online on 06/04/2008.
Got 2 years EAD approved on 08/05/2008.
Got an RFE for AP (missing photos) on 08/07/08.
replied for RFE on 08/13/08.
AP approved on 09/13 and got it on 09/20

Hope this timeline helps

bidhanc
09-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Hahha...that was funny.
You think God has the guts and come do battle with USCIS??? :)

Another bizzare behaviour with Renewal of Efile EAD....

My 2 cents is just send them what they need....they have specifically asked us not to send photos when e-filling and now they raise an RFE coz u did not send photos...

God come down to earth and save us from this atrocity....