PDA

View Full Version : Revoke H1B

joreal
04-04-2011, 03:48 PM
hi,

If my H1B is revoked, how much grace period will i have ? After my H1B is revoked, how many days can i stay in this country ? And again if i find a new employer to transfer H1B, how should i proceed.Please advise.

Thanks in advance...

sk.aggarwal
04-04-2011, 05:07 PM
As far as I know, there is no grace period. USCIS may choose to ignore a reasonable gap or may approve without I-94. Dont worry about that for now. Talk to friends/family and others and just find someone to sponsor. But if you are not able to find someone to sponsor even after few weeks, you will have to leave US. Sorry mate and Best of Luck.. just be quick and you will fine

bugsbunny
04-04-2011, 05:14 PM
yeah there is no grace period...and am not sure you can transfer after it has been revoked

However to transfer you need to contact an immigration attorney who will file the new H1B application and pick the correct options...where it asks if its a transfer...once the application is filed you can immediately start working for the new company

joydiptac
04-05-2011, 02:43 AM
Know your rights. Don't get scared unnecessarily. You should seek legal advice if you are threatened in any way. If you have not done anything illegal yourself don't be afraid.

Here are some facts which every H1b should be aware of.
Got Pay Stubs? Transferring H1B without Pay Stubs | B'Khush (http://bkhush.com/dev/content/got-pay-stubs-transferring-h1b-without-pay-stubs) .

: J

Dhundhun
04-05-2011, 03:32 AM
As such, there is no grace period and it starts counting towards unauthorized stay (US is somewhat liberal for unauthorized stay for up to 180 days). It should be fine getting H1B transferred ASAP.

After 180 day, reentry can be banned for three years. After 1 years reentry can be banned for 10 years.