PDA

View Full Version : EB1-EA REF? Do I have chance?

BPforGC
08-13-2008, 07:13 PM
1) The award you submitted was academic in nature. USCIS maintains that student awards such as fellowships, scholarships do not meet this criteria. Do you have anythingelse that is nationally recognized? Show me the evidence.

2) You submitted your work at research meetings. That is what researchers are supposed to do. How is your work is above and beyond what is out there in those meetings? "Consequently, it does not follow that all scientists who are asked to present their findings enjoy sustained acclaim in their field". Show me how your presentation history exceeds others.

3) Show the clear evidence that you have performed a leading and critical role in your organization.

4) You published several papers. But scientists are supposed to publish and dessiminate their work. Please resubmit updated citation listing. Please submit objective listing that your publication history exceeds the rest of the field.

Gurus... do I have a chance with these questions. I don't have any other national or international award such as Presidential Medal or Nobel Prize.

My presentation at international conferences are posters. Nothing great such as plenary talk.

I can submit more evidence of publications and citations.
Letter about my role and responsibilities as leader in my institution.

Thats it. Do I have a chance?

singhsa3
08-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Good try though!
1) The award you submitted was academic in nature. USCIS maintains that student awards such as fellowships, scholarships do not meet this criteria. Do you have anythingelse that is nationally recognized? Show me the evidence.

2) You submitted your work at research meetings. That is what researchers are supposed to do. How is your work is above and beyond what is out there in those meetings? "Consequently, it does not follow that all scientists who are asked to present their findings enjoy sustained acclaim in their field". Show me how your presentation history exceeds others.

3) Show the clear evidence that you have performed a leading and critical role in your organization.

4) You published several papers. But scientists are supposed to publish and dessiminate their work. Please resubmit updated citation listing. Please submit objective listing that your publication history exceeds the rest of the field.

Gurus... do I have a chance with these questions. I don't have any other national or international award such as Presidential Medal or Nobel Prize.

My presentation at international conferences are posters. Nothing great such as plenary talk.

s_r_e_e
08-13-2008, 07:20 PM

DOL guys seem to know what they are doing.
________
Herbal Vaporizer : Vaporite The Solo Review (http://vaporizerinfo.com/)

BPforGC
08-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Hi

Whats your opinion? Do I have a chance with new updated list and 4 more publications and a letter about my leadership role?

With identical evidence, my EB2-NIW was approved at NSC.

-Please advice.

BP

Ramba
08-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi

Whats your opinion? Do I have a chance with new updated list and 4 more publications and a letter about my leadership role?

-Please advice.

BP

EB1-EA requires "extrodinary ability". So you need to have national/international merit/awards like olympic medal or nobal prize. Just having PhD and having tons of papers will not necessarly makes a person as "extrodinary". So it is tricky and diffult. It is better to consult a any of your friend, if they got through EB1-EA, or otherwise consult a good lawyer who is capable of making sucsesful EA cases. This forum mainly thros idea on Eb2/EB3 and retrogression issues. You may not find a good answer here.

gconmymind
08-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Hi

-Please advice.

BP

A friend of mine, with similar credentials like yours (from what i can get from your post) got his GC thru EB2-NIW. He didn't have to go through lengthy labor process. His lawyer recommended against filing for EB-1. Please contact a lawyer and hope for the best

raysaikat
08-13-2008, 09:27 PM

Anything can happen, but looks unlikely. How many publications do you have, and how many citations each paper has received? How many recommendation letters and from whom did you submit?

BTW: if the "award" is a standard university scholarship, that would not fly.

kondur_007
08-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Can you please tell us which service center you send your application to?

Thanks.