PDA

View Full Version : USCIS delays in issuing EADs - Action Thread

walking_dude
08-13-2008, 11:56 AM
Disclosure : I have already received 2 year EAD (thanks to IV). I have taken initiative to bootstrap the effort to help others who haven't been so fortunate. Since we are all in the same boat let us watch each others back for a change, instead of trying to backstab each other at every available opportunity.

This is NOT a yet another case tracker /EAD tracker thread. I don't believe that just tracking stuff will change anything. Be it EAD issue or any other, real world action is needed to solve it.

I have started this thread to guage the impact this issue has had on our community , how many members are affected, what actions have been taken by them, so that next steps can be taken. If a large number of members are impacted IV may decide to take up the issue.

Here are the options available to applicants

1) Call National Customer Service Center and create a Service Request (SR) to expedite the case
2) Fax and mail a letter to Service Center requesting to expedite the case due to possibility of job loss. Since the burden of proof is on the applicant - a letter from the company that EAD is necessary for continuation of job may help.
3) If steps 1 and 2 don't produce the results and CRs refuse to open SRs citing silly reasons, USCIS Ombudsman may be approached.

Here's how you can do that - http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/programs/editorial_0497.shtm

4) Approach your US Congressmen/women Representative/Senators. Every office has a different form for requesting Immigration help. They can open an inquiry with USCIS on your behalf.

Following the above (4) steps is no guarantee that your case will be resolved. But it is necessary that we follow all possible avenues before the issue needs to be escalated. We shouldn't feel embarassed at the question "Did you follow up with all these avenues available to you?". Our answer should be - "Yes. We did all that and it didn't help". And we should be able to produce the proof that we did do all the four steps mentioned above.

If you have done all the four or after you have exhausted all avenues, AND are willing to take it further - speak to the media, participate in possible IV campaign etc., post your details. We need members ready to go public with the issue if we want to succeed.

Right now, I have started this as an individual initiative. But I am sure that IV will get involved once it's proven that a large number are impacted and there are enough members to turn it into a campaign.

santb1975
08-13-2008, 07:07 PM
no one??

rashu_gulati
08-13-2008, 07:36 PM
I got a new job and joined on EAD. left 3 yr h1 validity for this job
Current ead expires on sept 5 th, if i don't get renewal by then , i would lose my job as it's big company. I field on June 24th and receipt date is june 25th
any inputs if i can do anything before 90 days

rick_rajvanshi
08-13-2008, 07:41 PM
According to June 12 2008 memo from USCIS FAQ :

If you filed Form I-765 more than 90 days ago and have not received a decision, who should you contact?

If you have not received a decision within 90 days of the USCIS receipt date and you have properly filed your EAD application, you may apply to obtain an interim EAD by appearing in person at your local USCIS District Office. You must bring proof of identity and any notices that you have received from USCIS in connection with your application for employment authorization.

PM if you want a pdf copy

ramus
08-13-2008, 07:44 PM
This is my first message after so long time...
USCIS stoped issuing interim EAD before years... We just been to local office this Monday and they said they don't issue it any more..

Do you have offical link to this memo??

According to June 12 2008 memo from USCIS FAQ :

If you filed Form I-765 more than 90 days ago and have not received a decision, who should you contact?

If you have not received a decision within 90 days of the USCIS receipt date and you have properly filed your EAD application, you may apply to obtain an interim EAD by appearing in person at your local USCIS District Office. You must bring proof of identity and any notices that you have received from USCIS in connection with your application for employment authorization.

PM if you want a pdf copy

rick_rajvanshi
08-13-2008, 07:49 PM
http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/files/ead_guideline.pdf

Read the second last question

cse_us
08-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Efiled @ NSC on may 19th.
FP on july 3rd, still no approval.
My current EAD expires Aug 30th.

1) Requested expedited processing via phone.
Received email saying to wait for next 30 days.

2) Called NSC, agent gave a fax number and asked me to provide Emp letter.
Faxed the Emp letter and also a covering letter.

3) 2 weeks passed, still no reply, called up NSC again, explained situation that I wld lose my job if i dont get EAD extension by this month end. She opened a Expedited request and told me to wait for 10 days.

4) As a back up, I also took infopass appoint for next monday (90 days will be over by then)

Believe me, its not easy going thru these phases.
I do not know how to reach my congressman/senator, Anyone here, pls let me know. I am from fremont, CA.

Regards.

akhilmahajan
08-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Efiled @ TSC on may 29th.
FP on june 28th, still no approval.
My current EAD expires September 24th and i am working on EAD currently.

Called USCIS and opened a SR on August 4th. Got a letter on August 11th, saying, although my situation is serious, i have not provided enough proof. Called USCIS August 13th, asking where i can mail the proof. Was told there is no mailing address and no fax number.

Scheduled an Infoapss Appt. for August 18th, by then it will be around 82 days.

Around the 90th day planning to meet my Congressman/Senator and hoping they could help me.

If some one can help me in finding fax number to TSC to send in my Expedite request it will be great.

GO IV GO.

lalithkx
08-13-2008, 08:46 PM
Efiled @ TSC on may 29th.
FP on june 28th, still no approval.
My current EAD expires September 24th and i am working on EAD currently.

Called USCIS and opened a SR on August 4th. Got a letter on August 11th, saying, although my situation is serious, i have not provided enough proof. Called USCIS August 13th, asking where i can mail the proof. Was told there is no mailing address and no fax number.

Scheduled an Infoapss Appt. for August 18th, by then it will be around 82 days.

Around the 90th day planning to meet my Congressman/Senator and hoping they could help me.

If some one can help me in finding fax number to TSC to send in my Expedite request it will be great.

GO IV GO.

My case exactly like yours. Mine expires on Sep 24 th. E-filed on may 28th. FP'ed on June 23rd. Concurrently filed APs got approved long back.

I think Info Pass is the best solution for this. You have only a few days for that. So hang on.

I am planning to take info pass too. But to ask for expedite request, I think 90 days should have passed since application sent.

sands
08-13-2008, 09:56 PM
I appllied on May 12 and did FP on May 31, besides one LUD on July 1st, nothing has happened as of yet. I opened a service request but I ma not expecting anything to happen. Mine expires in Oct., so I still have some more time.

What's the way to contact the senator? I am from MA.

rajesh_kamisetty
08-13-2008, 10:03 PM
I will do the #3 and #4 by tomorrow EOD.

It is nice to see that the senior leadership is taking notice of the 'pain' some of us are going through right now.

Disclosure : I have already received 2 year EAD (thanks to IV). I have taken initiative to bootstrap the effort to help others who haven't been so fortunate. Since we are all in the same boat let us watch each others back for a change, instead of trying to backstab each other at every available opportunity.

This is NOT a yet another case tracker /EAD tracker thread. I don't believe that just tracking stuff will change anything. Be it EAD issue or any other, real world action is needed to solve it.

I have started this thread to guage the impact this issue has had on our community , how many members are affected, what actions have been taken by them, so that next steps can be taken. If a large number of members are impacted IV may decide to take up the issue.

Here are the options available to applicants

1) Call National Customer Service Center and create a Service Request (SR) to expedite the case
2) Fax and mail a letter to Service Center requesting to expedite the case due to possibility of job loss. Since the burden of proof is on the applicant - a letter from the company that EAD is necessary for continuation of job may help.
3) If steps 1 and 2 don't produce the results and CRs refuse to open SRs citing silly reasons, USCIS Ombudsman may be approached.

Here's how you can do that - http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/programs/editorial_0497.shtm

4) Approach your US Congressmen/women Representative/Senators. Every office has a different form for requesting Immigration help. They can open an inquiry with USCIS on your behalf.

Following the above (4) steps is no guarantee that your case will be resolved. But it is necessary that we follow all possible avenues before the issue needs to be escalated. We shouldn't feel embarassed at the question "Did you follow up with all these avenues available to you?". Our answer should be - "Yes. We did all that and it didn't help". And we should be able to produce the proof that we did do all the four steps mentioned above.

If you have done all the four or after you have exhausted all avenues, AND are willing to take it further - speak to the media, participate in possible IV campaign etc., post your details. We need members ready to go public with the issue if we want to succeed.

Right now, I have started this as an individual initiative. But I am sure that IV will get involved once it's proven that a large number are impacted and there are enough members to turn it into a campaign.

lalithkx
08-13-2008, 11:40 PM
My case exactly like yours. Mine expires on Sep 24 th. E-filed on may 28th. FP'ed on June 23rd. Concurrently filed APs got approved long back.

I think Info Pass is the best solution for this. You have only a few days for that. So hang on.

I am planning to take info pass too. But to ask for expedite request, I think 90 days should have passed since application sent.

My Above mentioned EAD is approved today. I got the Card ordered mail from CRIS today at 7 pm...

When485
08-14-2008, 12:24 AM
I hope you get in time before your EAD expires. My EAD was expiring on 09/24 and my employer submitted on June 24 (no efiling) & RD dt June 24; Got my EAD approval email on 07/28 and card received on 08/01/2008; but renewed EAD runs from 7/30 - 7/29/2010; I did not mind the disappearance of 2 months. Which service center did you apply

I got a new job and joined on EAD. left 3 yr h1 validity for this job
Current ead expires on sept 5 th, if i don't get renewal by then , i would lose my job as it's big company. I field on June 24th and receipt date is june 25th
any inputs if i can do anything before 90 days

lvaka
08-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Me too in the same boat. I have EFiled EAD renewal on May 21st and a LUD on July 31st due to my address change. No idea how long should I wait. Thouht of taking info pass but looks like one of the option is saying "if EAD pending more than 90 days" So I should wait another 5 days before I take an info pass. I am planning to take the recent USCIS memo where it talks about interim EAD and see what they say about it.

memyselfandus
08-14-2008, 08:17 AM
This is my first message after so long time...
USCIS stoped issuing interim EAD before years... We just been to local office this Monday and they said they don't issue it any more..

Do you have offical link to this memo??

Here is the official link

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/2yrEAD_FAQ_061208.pdf

s_r_e_e
08-14-2008, 11:28 AM
USCIS memo dated Jun 12 2008 says

I filed my Form I-765 more than 90 days ago and I have not received a decision, who should I contact?

Mine expires OCT 3rd. Applied Jul 3rd, FP Jul 31st. No LUD , No News since
________
Wellbutrin Class Action (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/wellbutrin/)

walking_dude
08-14-2008, 11:58 AM
EADs include special security measures to prevent counterfeiting and forgery. Only certain centers have the machinery needed to produce these cards. Since EADs are used as REAL ID for travel and DL etc., USCIS decided to stop issuing Interim EADs at Field Offices.

So despite what USCIS memo says I am concerned that Interim EADs are unlikely to be issued (this point in the memo might be an oversight by the officer who issued it). AFAIK Field Offices can only make a request to expedite the case. I would like to know if anyone has got Interim EAD recently. If so let us know!

You can find your Senators/Congressmen here

Senate - http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm ( Choose your State in the dropdown)

Representative - http://www.house.gov/htbin/zipfind. Full ZIP Code + 4 may be needed to find the Rep. You can get your Zip Code + 4 here - http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/welcome.jsp

indian111
08-14-2008, 12:04 PM
E-filed on May 22 ,
Fp done June 17,
LUD on 07/22
No updates so far .

My current EAD expires on sep 17 and I already received a letter from my employe abt the new EAD card submisison to continue employmnet .
Did anyone try writing to senators or congreesmen for EAD approval delay ??

raghav235
08-14-2008, 12:19 PM
Hi,

I am also in the same boat and waiting for the approval as I have recently took a new job with EAD. Yesterday I called USCIS to check what the options are if I don't get my EAD in 90 days. The customer service representative told me to take an info appointment further to get the Interim EAD. I have explained him that local offices are not giving Interim EADs and surprisingly he told me the following thing.

"You can continue the work with I765 receipt notice provided your employer is OK to continue and told me to provide the receipt notice to the employer as a proof of your application is in pending. As I am surely aware of the fact that in order to continue the work we must have an approved physical EAD. I was totally surprised and asked him "Are you sure?? can we continue the work with the receipt??", he replied "Yes and only if your employer agrees for that!"

I have no clue???? What to do, friends please share your thoughts on this.

gccovet
08-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Hi,

I am also in the same boat and waiting for the approval as I have recently took a new job with EAD. Yesterday I called USCIS to check what the options are if I don't get my EAD in 90 days. The customer service representative told me to take an info appointment further to get the Interim EAD. I have explained him that local offices are not giving Interim EADs and surprisingly he told me the following thing.

"You can continue the work with I765 receipt notice provided your employer is OK to continue and told me to provide the receipt notice to the employer as a proof of your application is in pending. As I am surely aware of the fact that in order to continue the work we must have an approved physical EAD. I was totally surprised and asked him "Are you sure?? can we continue the work with the receipt??", he replied "Yes and only if your employer agrees for that!"

Hope you noted the officers's ID number. if not, call again and see if you can get similar reply with some other officer. If you get the reply, try to get it in writing and also get the officers ID number, note the date and time.
GCCovet

lalithkx
08-14-2008, 01:07 PM
My Above mentioned EAD is approved today. I got the Card ordered mail from CRIS today at 7 pm...

My Wife's EAD e-filed same date as mine on May 28th is approved today. I got a Card Production ordered mail just now. MIne was approved yesterday.
There was just 12 numbers difference in Receipt nos.

Looks like they picked up speed as they reach the 90 day mark....

inthehole
08-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Used AC21 to change employer. I am currently working on EAD.

E-Filed - June 15,2008 (for both me and my wife)
FP - July 12,2008
July 23 - My wife's EAD approved
July 30 - RFE for photos(?)
August 4 - received RFE letter
August 6 - responded RFE (sent photos)
August 7 - uscis received RFE(case resumed)

my current EAD expires Sep 26,2008
For the past 2 days trying book get infopass. I am getting a message saying "No appointment is available, Please try again later".

rajuseattle
08-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Guys,

It looks like whosoever used the convenient e-file method for EAD renewal application got scrwed by USCIS.

It is ridiculous to receive the FP appointments after 1 month of filing and then for the same thing USCIS issuing RFE suggesting they did not receive RFEs.

IV core can we address these online EAD renewal issues to our USCIS contacts?

I mean people are using EAD for their jobs, their is no interim EAD and USCIS is not following the law for issuing the EAD within 90 days of the receipt date.

Here are my details:

PD: EB-3 I June 2003.

EAD renewal e-file: July 02nd 2008
Support docs: sent on july 02 nd 2008, received by USCIS on 07/08/2008
Paper receipts: received on July 11th 2008
FP notice: August 08th 2008
RFE for FP: August 08th 2008
FP schedule: Aug 22nd 2008..Planning to visit USCIS local office for the FP apointment.
approval:???????????

walking_dude
08-15-2008, 11:49 AM
There is nothing in the USCIS memos to suggest that USCIS has implemented any such policy. CR you talked to may be ignorant and giving wrong info. Or it may be deliberate to reduce the number of (repeat) calls.

I would suggest recording the conversation with CRs so that we have proof of this conversation. Don't forget to ask his/her name and id number while doing this.

Hi,

The customer service representative told me to take an info appointment further to get the Interim EAD. I have explained him that local offices are not giving Interim EADs and surprisingly he told me the following thing.

walking_dude
08-15-2008, 11:51 AM
I have added a poll to the thread to make it easier to determine how many IV members are impacted and are ready to participate in a campaign to fix the issue.

akhilmahajan
08-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks for adding the poll.

GO IV GO.

sandeep_1
08-15-2008, 02:58 PM
My EAD-renewal is also delayed and had an Infopass appointment in local USCIS office today. During the meeting, I specifically asked, in the event if EAD renewal is not approved before the expiration of current one, can I still continue to work? The answer was - "You can continue to work as long as your employer agrees to it". hmmm. Then I asked, would it jeopardise my status or 485 process in any shape or form. The answer was - "No (it will not effect my status)". Although, he did mentioned that interim EAD is not allowed anymore. He even said that, they actually took the machine and equipments required to produce EAD card for local office.

rashu_gulati
08-15-2008, 03:05 PM
what are the options when infopass didn't work too. My company is big so they won't allow me to work without ead.
Can someone pls suggest

lazycis
08-15-2008, 03:06 PM
The USCIS is required by regulations to issue a temporary EAD if they cannot process extension in 90 days. They, however, do not issue temporary EAD anymore in violation of the regulations. So if more than 90 days passed and you are still waiting, take an infopass and request IO to call service center where EAD is pending and request to follow procedures outlined in the USCIS memo
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/ElimI688B_081806R.pdf
(print the memo and take with you). Do not leave until they do that, request to talk to supervisor if IO refuses.

Upon receipt of Form I-765 requesting an interim EAD, local field offices are required to perform the following tasks:
• CLAIMS Verification
o Underlying application remains pending
o Determine if RFE has been issued, thus tolling the 90-day adjudicative requirement
o Form I-765 remains unadjudicated
o Biometrics have been captured—if not, refer to ASC
• Contact NBC or Service Center to initiate EAD production—either Interim or Non-Interim
• Provide Notice to applicant acknowledging status inquiry.

Even if EAD expired, you can continue working up to 180 days and be covered by INA 245(k) (i.e. your GC is not affected). Employer may be sanctioned, however. Employer may ask you to take an unpaid leave also.

lazycis
08-15-2008, 03:14 PM
In most critical situations a person can file a lawsuit in federal court and ask court to 1) compel USCIS to process your EAD within 1-2 days and 2) enjoin DHS from going after the employer if person continues working with expired EAD. Part 2 is available only if employer wants to participate in a lawsuit. Otherwise, file it yourself, it requires the same amount of time as filing for EAD.

sledge_hammer
08-15-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm went to the infopass website to make an appointment for interim EAD; I chose the "Washington Field Office" since I live in the DC Metro area. There are no appointments available in Aug and Sep!

This is unbelievable! What other options do I have?

Please advise. Thanks!

InTheMoment
08-15-2008, 05:23 PM
If you do not get an Infopass appt. walk in ...as it is an emergency (you amy loose your job) ! Take all docs that provide proof of that.

I had seen walkins accepted at my USCIS local office...

I'm went to the infopass website to make an appointment for interim EAD; I chose the "Washington Field Office" since I live in the DC Metro area. There are no appointments available in Aug and Sep!

This is unbelievable! What other options do I have?

Please advise. Thanks!

iv_only_hope
08-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Friends I need an opinion regarding my wifes situation. She is currently on H4. She was on H1B before some time back which she had stamped in India itself. That H1B expired. She moved back to India. After 5 years now she applied for new H1B and got it in the quota. When the dates advanced we applied for her EAD. We were hoping to get it in 60-70 days. Now its been 75 days at TSC and no signs of approval. She had job offer based on EAD since we thought might as well use that. Now we are thinking she should get her H1B stamped because we dont know when her EAD will get approved. For that do you think going to Canada for stamping is safe. She has a Bachelors degree from India. Or do you think going to India only is thesafe option. Mainly I asked was I did some search and found out that its safest in Canada if you have US/Canadian Degree. Is that true or I am wrong and its safe for everyone. Thanks.
Amar

mannan74
08-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Applied for EAD extension on July 08-2008 (expiring on Sep 30-08), less than 90 days. Got a 2 year extension in Mail Aug-14-2008 (Approval date Aug 07-2008).

Thanks

kbsyed61
08-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Applied for EAD extension on July 18-2008 (expiring on Sep, 2008), less than 90 days. Today (Aug 15, 2008) received an email saying "Current Status: Card production ordered." for self and wife. No idea whether it is 1 year or 2 year extension. APs are still spending.

akhilmahajan
08-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Got Card Production Ordered email today.
I had opened a Expedite SR on august 4th, which was denied on August 5th.
Thanks to everyone and hope you all will receive your cards soon.
Case Details:
E Filed May 29th
TSC
FP on 6/28/2008
NO LUD's
CPO: 8/18/2008

GO IV GO

GCVictim
08-18-2008, 12:45 PM
I applied on June/25/2008 (Efilling) for me and spouse. My receipt date was on June/26/2008 for both EAD and AP. Still waiting for approval.

Mine NSC. Don't know when it will be approved,

Does anyone know, NSC working on EAD , AP and 485?
Please share your info.

sledge_hammer
08-18-2008, 12:51 PM
June 20 is the RD (paper filing). Service center is Texas. EAD expires on Sep 24th.

Case status is still "Pending"!

I applied on June/25/2008 (Efilling) for me and spouse. My receipt date was on June/26/2008 for both EAD and AP. Still waiting for approval.

Mine NSC. Don't know when it will be approved,

Does anyone know, NSC working on EAD , AP and 485?
Please share your info.

rashu_gulati
08-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Called USCIS on friday and asked them to expedite since i can lose by job. current ead expires on sept 5 th and filed renewal on june 24th. I see so many cases getting approved with much later dates.
Any sugestions on what steps to follow?
my company won't let me work even 1 day after ead expiration

ssss
08-18-2008, 01:40 PM
I have paper filed at NSC on June 11th, with a RD June12th.
No approval yet. My AP was approved long back

sandeep_1
08-18-2008, 03:09 PM
I filed for EAD extention from NSC on June 12th. My EAD expires on sept 12th. I also faxed to expedite the filiing, but to no-avail.

On the side note, I met Immigration officer via infoPass appointment and it did not helped either. He suggested to send a snail-mail to see if that helps.

As of writing this post, my status is still pending.

sandeep_1
08-18-2008, 03:11 PM
If you read through the forums, there are few suggestions.

a) Call USCIS and submit a service request to expedite the process.
b) Fax NSC with a request to expedite the process based on humanitarian ground.
c) Wait.

Called USCIS on friday and asked them to expedite since i can lose by job. current ead expires on sept 5 th and filed renewal on june 24th. I see so many cases getting approved with much later dates.
Any sugestions on what steps to follow?
my company won't let me work even 1 day after ead expiration

k2006
08-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Hi,

My EAD renewal was filed in TSC in the middle of June. Now it is more than 2 months I haven't heard anything from them. I wonder do they request for FP during EAD renewal ? When I applied for EAD first time in 2007 there was no request for FP and the EAD was approved without FP. But I have seen several posts where folks mentioned that they have got FP notification after they filed their EAD renewal. I have done one FP beginning of 2008 as part of my AOS filed on July 2, 2007. So, I wonder do I receive another FP notification as part of my EAD renewal or USCIS can use my existing FP (they may have in their system) ?

Thanks

webm
08-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Hi,

My EAD renewal was filed in TSC in the middle of June. Now it is more than 2 months I haven't heard anything from them. I wonder do they request for FP during EAD renewal ? When I applied for EAD first time in 2007 there was no request for FP and the EAD was approved without FP. But I have seen several posts where folks mentioned that they have got FP notification after they filed their EAD renewal. I have done one FP beginning of 2008 as part of my AOS filed on July 2, 2007. So, I wonder do I receive another FP notification as part of my EAD renewal or USCIS can use my existing FP (they may have in their system) ?

Thanks

If you E-Filed EAD then you expect to receive FP notice..Else if paper filed then no FP..thats the logic..

burnt
08-18-2008, 10:35 PM
Hi Friends - Can someone help with the Format of letter we should get from our Employer, so that we can send the same to USCIS for requesting expedite processing.

burnt
08-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Hi Friends - Can someone help with the Format of letter we should get from our Employer, so that we can send the same to USCIS for requesting expedite processing.

Can someone send me the template please

anantc
08-20-2008, 12:30 AM
Hi,
Anyone have the fax # for TSC center and Format of letter to request Expediate EAD renewal process because of job offer.
Thanks,
anantc

burnt
08-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi,
Anyone have the fax # for TSC center and Format of letter to request Expediate EAD renewal process because of job offer.
Thanks,
anantc

^^^^ Bump

sandeep_1
08-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Can someone please post the updates if their cases approved. Only the ones whose cases have been pending for more than 60 days. Thank you.

inthehole
08-22-2008, 03:40 PM
I am working on EAD and current one is expiring on Sep 26. I got an RFE for photos and it was received on Aug 7th.

I called last week Aug 15th and requested to expedite the process. I got an email two days back saying that my request was accepted and will get the decision within 14 days.

I been trying to get the infopass appoinment since past 2 weeks but so far I havn't been able to get any appointments.

I am keeping my fingers crossed and waiting.

Can I go to a different city to get an infopass appoinment ?.

akhilmahajan
08-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Can someone please post the updates if their cases approved. Only the ones whose cases have been pending for more than 60 days. Thank you.

Current EAD expiring September 3rd week.
Efiled on May 29th at TSC. FP done on June 28th.
Card Production Ordered August 18th (81st day).
Cards Received August 22nd (85th Day).
Validity 2 Years.

Let me know if you have any questions.

GO IV GO.

cse_us
08-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Infopass appt for Interim EAD was not helpful at all.
They suggested the same that I did earlier, ie to fax USCIS hotline about my situation along with letter from emp saying that I am at risk of losing job.
I have done that several times, still no luck.
My EAD expires on aug 30th (yah, just 2 more business days).
Did everything in my hands, now just prepared to lose my job.

Surprising thing is I saw 2 soft LUDs on aug 25th and and 26th but still no approval nor RFE, case status still pending.
I know they are looking at my case, but doing nothing.
My wife's EAD was approved a month ago.

I asked my lawyer (from a big firm) if I will have a case on USCIS in case if I lose my job. She said, USCIS is famous for this kind of processing for 1000's still the cases wont stand against them.

I wld appreciate any suggestions/thoughts?

Efiled @ NSC on may 19th.
FP on july 3rd, still no approval.
My current EAD expires Aug 30th.

1) Requested expedited processing via phone.
Received email saying to wait for next 30 days.

2) Called NSC, agent gave a fax number and asked me to provide Emp letter.
Faxed the Emp letter and also a covering letter.

3) 2 weeks passed, still no reply, called up NSC again, explained situation that I wld lose my job if i dont get EAD extension by this month end. She opened a Expedited request and told me to wait for 10 days.

4) As a back up, I also took infopass appoint for next monday (90 days will be over by then)

Believe me, its not easy going thru these phases.
I do not know how to reach my congressman/senator, Anyone here, pls let me know. I am from fremont, CA.

Regards.

inthehole
08-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Infopass appt for Interim EAD was not helpful at all.
They suggested the same that I did earlier, ie to fax USCIS hotline about my situation along with letter from emp saying that I am at risk of losing job.
I have done that several times, still no luck.
My EAD expires on aug 30th (yah, just 2 more business days).
Did everything in my hands, now just prepared to lose my job.

Surprising thing is I saw 2 soft LUDs on aug 25th and and 26th but still no approval nor RFE, case status still pending.
I know they are looking at my case, but doing nothing.
My wife's EAD was approved a month ago.

I asked my lawyer (from a big firm) if I will have a case on USCIS in case if I lose my job. She said, USCIS is famous for this kind of processing for 1000's still the cases wont stand against them.

I wld appreciate any suggestions/thoughts?

You can check your senator's website. There will be some information on how to contact them. I think usually, they have someone in their front office who takes care of this request.

I requested to expedite and i got an email last week saying the request was accepted and will get result within 14days.. its been already 10 days and so far nothing happened.

Did the email you received specifically say that your request has been accepted and you will know the decision within 30 days?

cse_us
08-27-2008, 05:17 PM
You can check your senator's website. There will be some information on how to contact them. I think usually, they have someone in their front office who takes care of this request.

I requested to expedite and i got an email last week saying the request was accepted and will get result within 14days.. its been already 10 days and so far nothing happened.

Did the email you received specifically say that your request has been accepted and you will know the decision within 30 days?

They did not accept my request.
Here is the email from USCIS on July 18th.
At that time I agree with them, I really had 43 more days.
Later on when I faxed in Aug few times, nothing happened.

The status of this service request is:

Service records show we are currently processing your application and your application is waiting to be placed with an Officer. You should receive an update within the next 30-45 days. This is the same time it would take to have it expedited, therefore it is not necessary to request expedite handling. Please be sure you are registered with the post office to receive mail at your current address. Contact us at the number listed below if you do not receive your document with in 30 days from delivery.

knacath
08-27-2008, 05:22 PM
My current EAD expires this Friday. I e-filed on May 5th. Infopass after 90 days did not help. They approved my expedite request on 19th and said I should hear something in 14 days which is another 5-6 days.

I did contact my Senator (Cornyn) who actually offers to help with time-sensitive problems with federal agencies. This was about 2 weeks ago, even before I submitted my expedite request. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow to see if they have heard anything.

prioritydate
08-27-2008, 05:57 PM
My G.C was approved on 08/20/2008 and they approved my EAD on 08/25/2008. I e-field EAD on 06/25/2008.

cse_us
08-28-2008, 07:23 PM
My current EAD expires this Friday. I e-filed on May 5th. Infopass after 90 days did not help. They approved my expedite request on 19th and said I should hear something in 14 days which is another 5-6 days.

I did contact my Senator (Cornyn) who actually offers to help with time-sensitive problems with federal agencies. This was about 2 weeks ago, even before I submitted my expedite request. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow to see if they have heard anything.

Despite all my attempts, nothing happened at NSC. The last resort, Local Congressman helped. The staff did an excellent job, resolved the issue in a matter of hours. Not only my EAD was approved right away, they also arranged a Letter indicating that my case was approved, so that I can present it to my HR.

Before I called the congressman's office, I did have very little or no hope, as I went thru many things. This is a very happy ending.

Thanks, and if anyone in the same boat, pls try all your options.

Good Luck

chansek
08-28-2008, 07:54 PM
I am happy to share good news, today My EAD status changed to CPO.

Efiled EAD on June 23, 2008
FP done on July 18, 2008,
Card Production Ordered On Aug 28, 2008.

texcan
08-28-2008, 08:23 PM
TSC

For Primary
Renewal EAD applied : June 18th
CPO Email received: Aug 27rd

For spouse
Renewal EAD applied : June 26th
CPO Email received: Aug 23rd

burnt
08-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Despite all my attempts, nothing happened at NSC. The last resort, Local Congressman helped. The staff did an excellent job, resolved the issue in a matter of hours. Not only my EAD was approved right away, they also arranged a Letter indicating that my case was approved, so that I can present it to my HR.

Before I called the congressman's office, I did have very little or no hope, as I went thru many things. This is a very happy ending.

Thanks, and if anyone in the same boat, pls try all your options.

Good Luck
Is it a good idea to contact the Congressman even when 90 days are not over. My EAD expires on 18th September and 90 days will get over on 24th September. I have already put in the expedite request with Texas, but haven't heard since then, whether its approved or not. Please suggest what should I do?

cse_us
08-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Is it a good idea to contact the Congressman even when 90 days are not over. My EAD expires on 18th September and 90 days will get over on 24th September. I have already put in the expedite request with Texas, but haven't heard since then, whether its approved or not. Please suggest what should I do?

I would suggest to wait 2 more weeks before contacting the Congressman, but your call.

surabhi
10-01-2008, 06:06 PM
In most critical situations a person can file a lawsuit in federal court and ask court to 1) compel USCIS to process your EAD within 1-2 days and 2) enjoin DHS from going after the employer if person continues working with expired EAD. Part 2 is available only if employer wants to participate in a lawsuit. Otherwise, file it yourself, it requires the same amount of time as filing for EAD.

Lazycis

Can you give pointers on how / which court to file. ANy website link ,any past precedences on lawsuit for EAD would be really helpful

I am nearing the expiration of current EAD for both myself and my wife. I am pursuing all other options actively and they are work in progress.

USCIS expedite criteria met - no results for past 10 days
workig with congressman
sent to Ombudsman, they responsded that they are researching
took infopass, no help

THanks

lazycis
10-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Lazycis

Can you give pointers on how / which court to file. ANy website link ,any past precedences on lawsuit for EAD would be really helpful

I am nearing the expiration of current EAD for both myself and my wife. I am pursuing all other options actively and they are work in progress.

USCIS expedite criteria met - no results for past 10 days
workig with congressman
sent to Ombudsman, they responsded that they are researching
took infopass, no help

THanks

Check lawsuit steps here:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_name_check#Lawsuit_steps

If you have any questions, Pm me or post them here
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=194681&page=600

I will prepare a lawsuit template and post it on immigration.com
As you have an urgent matter, you will need to expedite the process. The rules give government 60 days to respond under normal circumstances. To expedite, you will need to file a motion for preliminary injunction right after you file initial complaint. This way, you will get EAD in two weeks.