PDA

View Full Version : B1/B2 Visa for 2 graduations + marriage. Will likelihood of getting visa improve?

harry31
03-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Hello folks

My fiances parents are applying for a B1/B2 Tourist visa on the basis of her 2 graduation ceremonies. We will get married in a court before her parents apply for a visa but the marriage ceremony will be between 2 graduations in US. If we also show that her parents are attending daughters wedding ceremony in US will the likelihood of them getting a visa increase? We can send a copy of marriage certificate before parents visa interview.

Thanks

hibworker
03-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Hello folks

My fiances parents are applying for a B1/B2 Tourist visa on the basis of her 2 graduation ceremonies. We will get married in a court before her parents apply for a visa but the marriage ceremony will be between 2 graduations in US. If we also show that her parents are attending daughters wedding ceremony in US will the likelihood of them getting a visa increase? We can send a copy of marriage certificate before parents visa interview.

Thanks

I don't think so. The VO is interested in ensuring that your in-laws are visiting US for tourism / family visit and will return back after the visit. VO also wants to ensure that someone will pay for the entire trip and they will not become public burden.