PDA

View Full Version : FP Not received yet, PD current, Can I expect GC ?

tempgc
08-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Hi
My PD is Dec 05 EB2-I. 485 RD 07/02/07. Till now I haven't received my FP notice along with my wife.
My Approved AP, EAD are about to expire and I have applied for their extension.
I have opened 1 SR, 1 Infopass appointment and no help for FP.
My NC and Background check has been cleared.

What are my chances of getting GC in August. Am I going to considered or blunt no as I never gave my FP.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Dhundhun
08-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Hi
My PD is Dec 05 EB2-I. 485 RD 07/02/07. Till now I haven't received my FP notice along with my wife.

What are my chances of getting GC in August. Am I going to considered or blunt no as I never gave my FP.

As I understand USCIS (priority date) memo for Aug, they are considering only approvable cases - I mean every thing is done and waiting only for Visa Numbers. Since FP not done - probably not in Aug and Sep this year.

Sorry about this post, but I thought better to be clear. Hope that someone else throws more light in it.

prioritydate
08-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Can you please point to that USCIS memo?

Legal
08-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Sorry to hear your situation. Hope things work out soon when the dates are current for you.

Finger prints are done for FBI clearance and it is unlikely GC will be issued without it. Name check is a different story, there is a USCIS memo stating if 180 days have passed after name check was initiated, 485 adjudication/ green card issuance cannot be delayed.

girishvar
08-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Don't wait for FP notice. Get the infopass appointment and they will schedule the FP immediately. Then when your FP, IBIS and NC clears in a week, (90% Probablity) you might have a very good chance.

Hi

Dhundhun
08-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Can you please point to that USCIS memo?

Refer to URL http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4310.html, following quote: "Allocations were made, to the extent possible under the numerical limitations, for the demand received by July 8th in the chronological order of the reported priority dates."

As I understand, keyword is demand. I think demand means demand of Visa Numbers by pre-sdjucated cases (FP, NC, Papers are in perfect order). Based on EB2 cases, which demanded Visa Numbers by July 8, EB2 priority date was set to Jun 01, 2006 by USCIS, so that they does not lose Visa Numbers this year.

The EB2 cases (India/China) which demanded Visa Numbers by Jul 08, 2008 with PD by Jan 01, 2006 are likely to be approved. Consular Processing are not bounded by Jul 08, 2008; and they can ask Visa Numbers for cases with PD by Jan 01, 2006.

sankap
08-03-2008, 11:49 PM
. Then when your FP, IBIS and NC clears in a week,
What is IBIS?

indian111
08-07-2008, 03:34 PM
We are also one of the few who didnt receive any FP notices from last July I 485 filings.
Opened 2 -3 SRs , tried Infopass and several calls .No help so far .

Called the National Srevice center, they said that background check and namecheck will be initiated only after the biometrics. And the 6 month rul might aply from then.
If this is true, then we cannot even expect an LUD o our case as the biometrics are still pending .
:(

Michigan123
08-07-2008, 04:00 PM
No FP Yet ..

But by reasearching , I came to know that people got 485 approval with note followed something like this .
Your case has been approved . Please contact Local office as advice for fingerprinting and getting GC stamp .

The above language may be slightly different but if USCIS want they can approve without logic .

Aah_GC
08-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Am in the same boat. My PD is close to current - but haven't received FP yet. Tried calling USCIS, took Infopass appointment - nothing happened. Asked my lawyer to fax out requests to TSC (seems like a new hotline number has been opened). Keeping my fingers crossed.

shaq
08-07-2008, 04:53 PM
I dont think you need FP for the name check. My name check is cleared confirmed at Infopass and TSC but I have not yet received my FP.

We are also one of the few who didnt receive any FP notices from last July I 485 filings.
Opened 2 -3 SRs , tried Infopass and several calls .No help so far .

Called the National Srevice center, they said that background check and namecheck will be initiated only after the biometrics. And the 6 month rul might aply from then.
If this is true, then we cannot even expect an LUD o our case as the biometrics are still pending .
:(

tempgc
08-07-2008, 05:28 PM
I advice you all to walk in to ASC locations.
I went to one ASC location as walk in. They asked me to go District office where I already tried with an Infopass appointment.
Then I tried at another ASC office, and pleaded them saying my dates are current, take my FP, then I can get my GC. That officer is nice, he took our FP and they were cleared and sent to USCIS yesterday.

I will say, try in at least 2 ASCs at least twice at each ASC. Infopass is waste.
I went in the morning around 8.30 and there were only 4 people for FP and that officer took our FP after 40 min phone / PC communication.

Good luck to all.

Aah_GC
08-07-2008, 05:49 PM
I actually tried doing that during my EAD FP. But to no avail. NJ / NY area is a bit hostile - and I hate the usual frigging excuse - Sir, you have to call up USCIS or your service ticket is still within its processing time.

needb2
08-11-2008, 08:30 PM
hello all,
I am in the same boat.
case details
EB2 India PD Oct 2005
I-140 approved
I-485 filed July 17th 2007
TSC

Not received any FP notice on my I-485 yet and talked to an IO last week using POJ method and the lady told me that I should received FP within a month.
There is no update in the online status check which I guess means that they have yet not sent out my FP.
Should I call again about this case?
I have already tried several services requests and Infopass appointments and nothing has worked.

I don't want not having FP notice to go against my case; My PD is current now.
Is there anything else I can do besides waiting ? Thanks for your time.

shaq
08-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Have you received your FP?

hello all,
I am in the same boat.
case details
EB2 India PD Oct 2005
I-140 approved
I-485 filed July 17th 2007
TSC

Not received any FP notice on my I-485 yet and talked to an IO last week using POJ method and the lady told me that I should received FP within a month.
There is no update in the online status check which I guess means that they have yet not sent out my FP.
Should I call again about this case?
I have already tried several services requests and Infopass appointments and nothing has worked.

I don't want not having FP notice to go against my case; My PD is current now.
Is there anything else I can do besides waiting ? Thanks for your time.

indian111
08-13-2008, 06:03 PM
Filed I 485 for my and my spouse in JUly 2007 .

Opened 2 SRs, Infopass , tried getting FP alomg with I 765 biometrics but of no use.

Have anyone tried any other menas ?Let us know .

ivy55
08-14-2008, 08:55 PM
I completed FP coded 2 for I 485 on Aug 1 2008 and today I got a FP for code1.

Also completed FP code 2 for EAD on July 27, 2008 Quite a lot of FPS

With a family of 5, I have made too many visits to ASC

Any explanation ?

Thanks

shaq
08-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Finally after 2 infopass and 2 sr's I have received my FP but it is code 2. What code is required for I-485 FP?

smakur
09-03-2008, 06:06 PM
TempGC,
Don't know how much this will help but I am in the same boat. We were told that to get an infopass appt, we needed to open at least one service request and if there was no response after 45 days, we could go for infopass appointment. Well, we did that in August (noted down the agent ID# and the request number) and went for Infopass yesterday. The officer scheduled us for a same day FP and told us that we had just cleared the namecheck.
I came back and checked that the LUD was updated yesterday and again today but no new information - so its a soft update.
You can definitely try going for an infopass appointment - I was informed that you need to have a SR open and not responded to but my officer never asked anything about it. Had I known, I would have got this done in August.

far_from_gc
10-20-2008, 05:01 PM
This thread stoped on September 3rd. Is that mean everyone has received their FP? I haven't received mine yet for myself or for my family member. Is there anyone still out there like me?

godspeed
10-20-2008, 05:23 PM
This thread stoped on September 3rd. Is that mean everyone has received their FP? I haven't received mine yet for myself or for my family member. Is there anyone still out there like me?

One of my friend and his family had not received, he took an infopass appt and explained them over there, he got his first fp notice in a month.

coolpal
03-03-2009, 10:23 AM

We haven't received our FPs either... we opened 4 SRs in total (2 by us, and 2 by my lawyer) and every time we got a mail saying everything is fine, and they'll contact me if they need anything....

But I guess I need to take an InfoPass sometime.

pal :)

EDIT: Oops... I think this thread was bumped 'coz of spam poster above... sorry, to reply for a very old post...

yvsatyaprasad
04-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Hi
My pd is current and i did not get my Finger print request yet, I called the service center earlier(A year ago) and they said that they are doing some back ground check, I tried calling them today again but could not get them, i tried the sequence
1-800-375-5283
press 1..2..2..6..1..your case number..1..
wait for the automated status message then. select.3..4

But it looks like the above info is outdated, can someone help me by providing me with the new sequence.
Thank you
Venkat