PDA

View Full Version : How often is finger printing

Can2004
08-03-2008, 11:19 AM
How often is finger printing required/asked for during the 485 process.
Thanks

wandmaker
08-03-2008, 12:04 PM
How often is finger printing required/asked for during the 485 process.
Thanks

485 is pending and 15 months has passed since the last FP, you will receive a new FP notice. If you efile your EAD, you will receive a FP notice to get a FP & picture, which is different from 485 FP.

nareshg
12-15-2008, 04:31 PM
I had filed for my 485 during the July 2007 time frame .
PD - July 2006.

I got my FP notice (Code 3) and got the FP notice stamped in FEB 2008
The stamp reads

Biometrics Processing Stamp
ASC Side Code: __________XTE<location>
Biometrics QA Review by ________ (officer's signature)
Tenprints QA Reivew (officer's signature)

Does this mean that I have security clearance ?
Basically, what does the stamping mean ?

Thanks in Advance !!

webm
12-15-2008, 05:35 PM
I had filed for my 485 during the July 2007 time frame .
PD - July 2006.

I got my FP notice and got the FP notice stamped in FEB 2008
The stamp reads

ASC Side Code: __________XTESANJOSE

Does this mean that I have security clearance ?
Basically, what does the stamping mean ?

Thanks in Advance !!

When did your last FP was done?? is that in Feb'08??

nareshg
12-15-2008, 07:39 PM
When did your last FP was done?? is that in Feb'08??

my last FP (which was my first one) was done in Feb 2008.

webm
12-15-2008, 07:50 PM
my last FP (which was my first one) was done in Feb 2008.

Still Wondering why would they sent so early:(..never understand crazy CIS and its dynamic policies..

nareshg
12-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Still Wondering why would they sent so early:(..never understand crazy CIS and its dynamic policies..

I thought many who had submitted in July 2007 (July fiasco) had got FP notice...but not sure....

anyways, does anyone know about what I am asking...once you get the biometrics processing stamp, does that mean that they have sumibbted for security clearance usiung the fingerprints or does it mean that the security clrearance is done ?

webm
12-15-2008, 09:55 PM
I thought many who had submitted in July 2007 (July fiasco) had got FP notice...but not sure....

I thought you got second FP notice..now i got your point..that you have received FP notice with some sort of stamp after your FP was done..but I dont think they sent this type of notice to everyone/rarely..

sri1309
12-15-2008, 09:56 PM
I have a similar related question,

PD04,LC 10/06.
I am a 07 filer, got FP notice for Oct 07, got it done, got EADs and APs , renewed them twice. But what about finger printing. Do I need to get it done yearly, if so, I got no notice so far.

Please advise, thanks a lot in advance,.

Sri,
In any case,
please keep writing to barrackobama.com and under agenda. . (All, please keep this as your signature, that way we can get some more people register and write to him.. we need action.. )

webm
12-15-2008, 09:59 PM
They might be sending second FP notice every 15mnths of first/consecutive FP's done once it expires in their system..wait for that notice and dont worry about it now..

nareshg
12-16-2008, 07:17 PM
They might be sending second FP notice every 15mnths of first/consecutive FP's done once it expires in their system..wait for that notice and dont worry about it now..

Thanks all for your replies...perhaps my question is not clear...I would have posted a new thread but was not easily able to figure out how to do so...

Will try to ask my question again...

I am not worried about when my FP expires and things on those lines....
my questions is for jobs that require green card or citizenship... there are some federal jobs out there that require security clearance....and for which they need either green card holders or citizen I beleive...

Now if one has an EAD (no green card yet, 485 pending for more than 1 year) and has got his/her FP done in FEB 2008 what does that mean...does it mean that once you have your FP done there is some kind of security clearance that you get from FBI ?...can you say you have active security clearance..if so what kind of security clearance is that called ?...as I said when I went for the Biometrics/FP (Code 3) they stamped the notice with the following

Thanks Gurus !!

arunmohan
12-17-2008, 02:01 AM
My first FP was done in July 2007. I have not yet received second FP notice. Normally USCIS sends second FP notice after 15 months. Is someone else like me?

gccovet
12-17-2008, 02:53 AM
Thanks all for your replies...perhaps my question is not clear...I would have posted a new thread but was not easily able to figure out how to do so...

Will try to ask my question again...

I am not worried about when my FP expires and things on those lines....
my questions is for jobs that require green card or citizenship... there are some federal jobs out there that require security clearance....and for which they need either green card holders or citizen I beleive...

Now if one has an EAD (no green card yet, 485 pending for more than 1 year) and has got his/her FP done in FEB 2008 what does that mean...does it mean that once you have your FP done there is some kind of security clearance that you get from FBI ?...can you say you have active security clearance..if so what kind of security clearance is that called ?...as I said when I went for the Biometrics/FP (Code 3) they stamped the notice with the following

Thanks Gurus !!

SEcurity clearence for jobs are different / separate then immigration stuff. non-imm aliens can get lowest level of security clearance.
GCCovet

chanduv23
12-17-2008, 11:15 AM
My first FP was done in July 2007. I have not yet received second FP notice. Normally USCIS sends second FP notice after 15 months. Is someone else like me?

I never received my first FP notice and I think there are a lot of people like me here.