PDA

View Full Version : Grand Opening of the Tennessee Chapter

walking_dude
08-02-2008, 12:20 AM
Dear Tennesseans,

I have started the Tennessee chapter of IV with the approval of the IV core. I request you to join me in fighting the injustice heaped on us for no fault of ours. Like all other state chapters IV TN will be a secure and trusted group of like-mided individuals. Hence I request you to provide your full name, IV Id, PHONE NUMBER and Zip Code while submitting request to join the group.

I appreciate your concern for privacy and anonymity. But we also have to keep state chapters clear of anonymous anti-immigrants opposed to our cause. Hence no exceptions will be made to the rule. I will call and verify you as soon as I can. If you feel inconvenienced, please understand that I'll have to call and verify every one who requests to join. This is something we have to bear for the common good of our organization.

Ping me through a Private Message if you feel your request has been unduly delayed. Of course, I can't approve you if you haven't given be the mandatory information essential in approving requests. I appreciate your cooperation in this process.

If you are interested in my Bios, I have previously led the Michigan (MI) chapter. My contributions to IV includes Testimony before the MI Senate when MI state refused to issue DLs to temporary residents. I am a monthly contributor to IV, and have contributed to most of the recent IV funding drives. I am a Sep 18th rally veteran and recently visited Washington DC a few months back - in person - to lobby for some of the bills that are considered 'Hot News' today.

All this is nothing compared to what IV has given back to me as an organization. I was saved thousands of dollars due to July VB reversal. EAD helped me change jobs and leave MI in this tough economic downturn and auto companies inching toward bankruptcy. I just got my 2 year EAD today , and I thank IV for saving me hundreds of Dollars by getting EAD/AP period extended to 2 years. I don't know any other organization or person who has done so much for me. I am immensely grateful to be part of this movement.

It's my pleasure to start a volunteer group in the 'Volunteer State'. Hope we won't be short of volunteers :). It makes me nostalgic about the times MI chapter started as a group of few individuals and today boasts of 60+ members. Lets get organized here too. That's the only way to make our voices heard.

This is my promise to you - I won't ask you to do anything which I haven't done myself. And I won't force you to do anything, unless you feel that waiting for others to step up will not take you anywhere, and you feel ready to do something to help yourself and your family. When you decide to do that, you'll find me by your side working with you.

IV TN Chapter Web Address - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ivtn

REQUESTS WITHOUT PHONE NUMBER AND COMPLETE INFO WILL NOT BE APPROVED.

santb1975
08-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Great Initiative from a Great Person

sanju
08-02-2008, 12:38 AM
Great effort, glad to see you back walking_dude. Glad that you are not near me, otherwise you would beat me for wanting to kissing you :p

natrajs
08-02-2008, 01:05 AM
Best Wishes from Tri State

Mahatma
08-02-2008, 09:36 AM
I am in tennessee and would like to participate constructively. However, I will not hesitate to make my disagreements known.

walking_dude
08-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Thanks Santb1975, Natrajs. Sanju, that's a dangerous proposition... I might kiss you back :).

Mahatma, welcome aboard. First step is joining the Yahoo group. I look forward to working with you and other IV members from Tennessee.

Disagreements are the essence of Democracy. I don't mind disagreements. My intention is not to setup an organization with autocratic leadership, but a forum open for discussion and new ideas. We do have to respect the bye-laws of the IV organization and maintain forum etiquette. Other than that I have no issues with anyone disagreeing with me or pointing out where I went wrong. I appreciate such constructive criticism which is accompanied by participation.

lccleared
08-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks for your effort. I am in.

pappu
08-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Best wishes.

santb1975
08-02-2008, 04:01 PM
I can see a Strong and Active Tennessee Chapter getting built over the next one Year. How can I say that...Well, I have been witnessing all the good work you have been doing from when I became a member of IV

Thanks Santb1975. Sanju, that's a dangerous proposition... I might kiss you back :).

Mahatma, welcome aboard. First step is joining the Yahoo group. I look forward to working with you and other IV members from Tennessee.

Disagreements are the essence of Democracy. I don't mind disagreements. My intention is not to setup an organization with autocratic leadership, but a forum open for discussion and new ideas. We do have to respect the bye-laws of the IV organization and maintain forum etiquette. Other than that I have no issues with anyone disagreeing with me or pointing out where I went wrong. I appreciate such constructive criticism which is accompanied by participation.

walking_dude
08-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks pappu. Santb1975, nothing compared to your contribution to the movement. Let me stop before we start a mutual admiration society here :)

walking_dude
08-03-2008, 05:11 PM
We have had several wonderful members who have joined the chapter already. We are forming local networks in Nashville, Memphis and Knoxville so that it's easier for all TN members to participate in the chapter activities. Coordination of the activities will be done through the Yahoo group.

I'll be coordinating activities in Nashville area. So if you are from Nashville or surburbs, feel free to PM me.

Mahatma has kindly agreed to coordinate the activities in Knoxville area. If you are in Knoxville or surrounding areas PM him, he'll help us get organized. Members like him who already have their GCs and helping our cause is a real insiration to the rest of us.

We are in the process of setting up a network in Memphis too. Don't worry Memphiseans, you are in our radar :). PM me your details and I'll help you folks get organized. We already have some enthusiatic volunteers ready to work with in building local networks.

IV TN is not all Immigration. We are building strong network of likeminded persons. It will not only help us work with IV to solve our GC problem, but also spin off into future opportunities from the development of these network.

All in all, I really feel blessed to be working with this group of motivated volunteers.

walking_dude
08-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Now that the US Congress is in recess for 5 weeks, lets begin to get organized. It's a good time to visit our Reps and Senators as they will be in their constituencies.