PDA

View Full Version : Parents on visitor visa via UK

Robert Kumar
03-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Hello,

If parents have US Visitor Visa, can they travel to the US on British Airways via London Heathrow airport without any transit visa requirements.

They have a valid visitor visa till 2018.

Does UK have any conditions which one needs to know

Thank You,
Bobby.

mk26
03-23-2011, 03:24 PM
I guess within 24hrs transit should be ok , problem may occur which is very unlikely when flight gets delayed during transint and you have to wait for more than 24 hrs in UK than you might have to take UK DATV or visitor visa.

GCVivek
03-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Travelling via UK is OK as long as you have GC or a valid US Visa stamped in the passport. Even if flights are delayed, staying at the airport is no problem. The problem is not in UK but at the time of boarding in home country. Once you are on the plane....you are fine.

Robert Kumar
03-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Travelling via UK is OK as long as you have GC or a valid US Visa stamped in the passport. Even if flights are delayed, staying at the airport is no problem. The problem is not in UK but at the time of boarding in home country. Once you are on the plane....you are fine.

Thank you.

Which medical insurance is good these days, that pays in the US itself, and no claims business in India, god forbid.
And does it cover pre-existing conditions.

Thank you,
Bobby.

Alice141
03-26-2011, 03:52 AM
Hi All,

I would like to ask if it is possible, and how long does it take if so, for
my parents who live in India to visit me in the UK, then we all apply
for tourist visas for my brother's marriage in the US.

I have indefinite leave to remain in the UK but am not a citizen yet.

The earlies times for appointment for an interview for my parents
in India is 4 months! whereas my brother will be getting married in 3...

Is it possible for them to get the tourist visa for US from here in the UK?
How long would that take if applicable?

Thanks all very much,