PDA

View Full Version : How long for system update after RFE response received

iwantmygreen
07-23-2008, 08:54 PM
I had sent a response for my 485 RFE. It was received by USCIS Nebraska Centre on monday July 21 2008. There still isnt any update to my case. I called customer service. They say it can take upto 60 days for the system update. Has anyone got any idea how long it generally takes for USCIS to update the case to Response Received, Case Resumed once RFE response is received.

Hassan11
07-24-2008, 11:29 AM
you should see case processing resumed within a week to 10 days.

wait a little and keep checking the online status. the 60 days is actually for USCIS to make a decision on your case after they receive your response to the RFE as long as your PD is still and stays current within this time frame.

see this thread. it might be helpful. other people in the same situation.
http://www..com/discussion-forums/i485-1/119299105/

I had sent a response for my 485 RFE. It was received by USCIS Nebraska Centre on monday July 21 2008. There still isnt any update to my case. I called customer service. They say it can take upto 60 days for the system update. Has anyone got any idea how long it generally takes for USCIS to update the case to Response Received, Case Resumed once RFE response is received.

kaisersose
07-24-2008, 11:44 AM

It all depends. For my response, the status changed the same day it was received. But in general, for most people, the status changes in a week or two. If that does not happen, followup and ensure they have your response on file.

Be sure to store some evidence that you sent them something on July 21.

iwantmygreen
07-28-2008, 05:45 PM
I had attached the paper with the bar code that comes with RFE. I didnt attach it on top. I attached the cover letter on top instead. Will that cause a delay. Should I resend it. It was received by USCIS last monday. There still isnt any system update. Its already a week now.

iwantmygreen
07-31-2008, 03:03 PM
Since there wasnt any system update on the case for 10 days I sent all the paperwork again with the proof of previous delivery.

dealsnet
07-31-2008, 03:53 PM
In the RFE letter, they clearly mentioned about putting the RFE letter on top of the papers which we are sending. Otherwise they don't care about looking into our paper pile for scanning and system entry. It will delay your process. When I have send my dependants RFE papers, they entered same day and LUD changed to 'case resumed'. Their I-485 approved within 6 days. RFE about birth, marriage certificates.
So the lesson learned is obey USCIS. I did send the RFE papers. My lawyer wants $700 for sending the reply. These papers are submitted in last year. But they want it again. I did asked for the RFE copy from the lawyer and send the papers to Nebraska in nice order with cover letter, headings for each group of papers etc...
Another lesson learned is not too much relay on lawyers, we can handle straight forward RFE's.

I had attached the paper with the bar code that comes with RFE. I didnt attach it on top. I attached the cover letter on top instead. Will that cause a delay. Should I resend it. It was received by USCIS last monday. There still isnt any system update. Its already a week now.

waitnwatch
07-31-2008, 05:56 PM
Also did you send it to the right PO box. Generally RFE replies are updated on the system immediately speaking from my experience. I'm talking about NSC.

iwantmygreen
08-01-2008, 05:44 PM
I had made a copy of RFE before sending the response. In my 2nd response which was receive today by USCIS, I had the RFE on top of everything. Now the status has changed, thank you all.

iwantmygreen
08-01-2008, 08:23 PM
My EAD status is now "Card production ordered". As my PD is current I was thinking it will say Card production ordered for permanent resident application instead of card production for EAD.