PDA

View Full Version : Masters after employment - EB2 or EB3 ?

savetn
07-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Hi all - am new to immivoice and hope to get some guidance / experience / expertise... :confused:

Facts:
1. Been employed with my company for almost 4 yrs.
2. Time of joining had a BE (Electronics & Comm) + 1 yr job exp.
3. H1b with employer is "Programmer Analyst"
4. Got a MS in Management (2 yrs back) AFTER joining current employer.

Scenario:
To qualify for EB2 - i am being advised to apply as "Business Analyst" because of my Masters in Management.

Question :
1. Will applying in a Business Analyst job title - require that a new h1b be filed under this job title ?

2. Will my Masters not be counted towards EB2 because it was obtained after my employment with the current company ?

Thanks for the response ! :confused:

pcjandyala
07-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Hi

If you are applying for a new position now then your masters count but if you wanted to include in the current GC application(if at all if you applied earlier) then it won't count as per my knowledge goes.

Please wait for other members opinion too

Thanks

savetn
07-21-2008, 06:34 PM
thanks pcjandyala & sachug22.

Addnl Info :
This is my first step towards applying the GC and have not initiated any other process .

aat0995
07-21-2008, 06:38 PM
I was under the impression that if they write in your labor cert. that master required and at time if you have masters then it is fine.

Imigrait
07-21-2008, 08:26 PM
I was under the impression that if they write in your labor cert. that master required and at time if you have masters then it is fine.

BUT, he is applying GC for the same job that he had when he started. At that time in the past, he did not have a Masters. That means, that his job did not require a Masters. So EB2 is not applicable in this case.

However, if the job had a requirement of BS/BE+5 years of experience and MS+0, then he might be able to apply for EB2. I have heard that Nebraska center is real strict about EB2 or EB3, so if your file will end up at Nebraska be extra careful and discuss thoroughly with the lawyer.

savetn
07-21-2008, 08:48 PM
"BUT, he is applying GC for the same job that he had when he started. At that time in the past, he did not have a Masters. That means, that his job did not require a Masters. So EB2 is not applicable in this case."

the bolded text i presume is the key that could cause a difference - my h1b job title is "programmer analyst" since i joined - but application is being filed as "business analyst" to accommodate the Masters in Management and possibly a future position...

the concern is - is it that if i continue with the same employer (even under a new title) means all experience and educational advancement has to be discounted while applying GC