PDA

View Full Version : Question on vailidity of old/new AP.

gc_freedom
07-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Folks,

I received my new AP which got approved on June 10th and is valid until June 10,2009.My old AP is valid until August 18,2008.

Would this create problem at POA if I would have left with old AP and don't have new one with me?

I am not sure why I/Os just don't extend the dates on new AP,EAD right after the expiry on old one.

Now with the dates on new AP I will have to cut short my next summer trip within 10 days or if I wait on another AP (2009-2010) and they approve it on May 10th I will have to carry it to be sure.

Sometimes the over efficiency can cause this...:)

Thanks,

gc_freedom

amsgc
07-20-2008, 01:10 PM
Which service center was this?

Dhundhun
07-20-2008, 02:25 PM
Folks,

I received my new AP which got approved on June 10th and is valid until June 10,2009.My old AP is valid until August 18,2008.

Would this create problem at POA if I would have left with old AP and don't have new one with me?

As I understand - No

I am not sure why I/Os just don't extend the dates on new AP,EAD right after the expiry on old one.

Now with the dates on new AP I will have to cut short my next summer trip within 10 days or if I wait on another AP (2009-2010) and they approve it on May 10th I will have to carry it to be sure.

If I/Os just extends dates, how can you travel between Aug 10 to Aug 20, if needed ?

If it is extended after the expiry, then also it is problem.

I'll prefer the way right now I/O has done for AP (not for EAD) for you. Because this approach, although costed more allowed travel between Aug 10 to Aug 20.

gc_freedom
07-21-2008, 02:27 AM
Hi amsgc,

The Service center is NSC...

gc_freedom
07-21-2008, 03:03 AM
Hi Dhundhun,

I didn't get what do you mean by "If I/Os just extends dates, how can you travel between Aug 10 to Aug 20, if needed ? If it is extended after the expiry, then also it is problem."

The IO can pick next day after the expiry date.For example if my AP/EAD is expiring on August 18,2008 the IO can issue new AP from August 19,2008 to Aug 18,2009 valid for a year.

That way I can travel between Aug 10 to Aug 20.It shouldn't matter on which date they issue the new AP if it's going to be valid from Aug 19,2008.IO can approve this AP before the expiry of old AP and I can carry it during travel.

I think if they don't do it then I am loosing 2 1/2 month time here.

Dhundhun
07-21-2008, 03:07 AM
Hi Dhundhun,

I didn't get what do you mean by "If I/Os just extends dates, how can you travel between Aug 10 to Aug 20, if needed ? If it is extended after the expiry, then also it is problem."

The IO can pick next day after the expiry date.For example if my AP/EAD is expiring on August 18,2008 the IO can issue new AP from August 19,2008 to Aug 18,2009 valid for a year.

That way I can travel between Aug 10 to Aug 20.It shouldn't matter on which date they issue the new AP if it's going to be valid from Aug 19,2008.IO can approve this AP before the expiry of old AP and I can carry it during travel.

I think if they don't do it then I am loosing 2 1/2 month time here.

You can use only one AP for travel. It is not possible to start journey on one AP and return on other.

Both has pros and cons. In one case you loose months, but can choose dates of your choice - couple of IV members actually wanted.
In second case you don't loose months, but you can't travel on boundary dates.