PDA

View Full Version : AP Renewal - Doc in lieu of I-485 Receipt

ebizash
07-24-2009, 12:26 AM
I will be applying for AP renewal online for myself and my wife. This will be our 3rd AP (2nd renewal). The only problem is we never received the I-485 physical receipt (we know the LIN no. as well as A#) for her. Has anyone been in this situation? Can anyone suggest, what other document we could use such as copy of prior APs, EADs, FP notices etc to prove a pending AOS for her?

So far my attorney had been filing the renewals but this time I want to save money and do it myself. I think its kind of waste to pay 600-800 to attorney for a simple task.

sanjay02
07-24-2009, 02:30 AM
You can take a print out of the online receipt # of I-485 and send it.

ebizash
07-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Thanks

The online print will only have the LIN number but not the applicant name. I am planning to put a covering letter for her but want to also send a copy of some official document that can prove her pending AOS.

ebizash
07-24-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm in the same situation (lawyer apparently accidentally submitted the original I-485 receipt when the first EAD application was filed). Since then, I've just submitted just the online print out with the application and got AP/EAD approved 2 more times without any questions.

Personally, I wouldn't enclose a letter saying the original receipt is missing as it just opens up more questions. frankly once you have gotten EAD/AP once, getting it a second time (in my experience) is very quick and straightforward. the filings are easy, no need for an attorney.

Thanks rgrant!

Do you mean the screen shot from your online case status when you say online print out?

wandmaker
07-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Thanks rgrant!

Do you mean the screen shot from your online case status when you say online print out?

Per INFOPASS personnel, FP notice can be used in lieu of 485 notice - It worked for me without any issues. Also, open a SR stating that you never received the physical copy of your 485 notice - they will send you the letter after 45 days :) stating they can't issue a duplicate notice, it will also serve as a proof 485 filing.

ebizash
07-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Great! Thanks everyone for your responses.