PDA

View Full Version : FP .... WALK IN? Important ...

settling_withgc
07-18-2008, 05:44 PM
I got my FP done in Jan 2008 but we never got the FP for my wife. We put in a SR with USCIS customer service.
We did get a response about the delays, but it is taking more than 60 days to get a response.

It has been 5 months since that response came.

We called USCIS customer service and they suggested to go to the fingerprinting location, along with original I-485 receipt notice and the letter stating the delay and see if the IO would take the FP the same day.

Lets see ....

settling_withgc
07-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Anyone have any advice or experience ?

settling_withgc
07-30-2008, 10:44 AM
This works.
We went for the WALK-IN (for my wife), and she spoke to the Lady at the desk, and she consulted the ASC mgr, and they happily took the fingerprinting.

skarthy
07-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Hi ,
good to know that you were able to get it done.
So your wife did not get the FP notice at all ?

I'm asking because we applied for EAD renewal a month ago and have still not got our FP notice. We did get our recipts though.

Thanks for the info.

Aah_GC
07-30-2008, 11:23 AM
SettlingWithGC, Could you please tell us which area you belong to? I tried my walkin here in the NJ / NY area with no luck.

bharani
07-30-2008, 11:39 AM
SettlingWithGC, can you please tell which service center?

ub27
07-30-2008, 12:21 PM
I did a walk in at Charlotte, NC center for both me and my wife for fingerprints. I am one of the July 2007 filers and neither me nor my wife got any FP notices. I did a walk in on March 2008 and got my fingerprints done. Service center is TSC.
I was told that most centers will accomodate walk in on Wednesday. Thats what I did. Intially the lady siad it might not be possible and asked us to come back later. But we hung around and she finally called us in and siad they have a open slot and we got our FP done

settling_withgc
07-30-2008, 01:47 PM
This was in NY (Woodside).

She never got a fingerprinting notice. All we got was a letter from USCIS stating the delays (This was in response to a SR that was created by us).

settling_withgc
07-30-2008, 01:47 PM
SettlingWithGC, Could you please tell us which area you belong to? I tried my walkin here in the NJ / NY area with no luck.

This was in NY only.
Service Center is TSC.