PDA

View Full Version : USCIS reply to my "expedite" SR

sumant18
07-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Today (7/17/08), I received a reply from USCIS by mail in response to an "expedite" service request I opened with regards to my biometric finger printing on last Friday (7/11/08).
Under the heading of status, the letter says:

"Due to the high volume of expedite requests of this case type, we are strictly enforcing the criteria that has been set for these expedite requests.
While your situation appears serious, you have not provded evidence of an extreme emergent need.

A request for finger prints will be sent.

XM0625"

Although the first part says that I have not submitted the evidence, the last but one line above contardicts somewhat, in that it says that the fingerprinting request WILL BE SENT.

Anybody have any idea what this means? Should I be looking forward to somethig or call USCIS? Does "XM0625" mean anything or is is some system generated code?

waitnwatch
07-17-2008, 09:36 PM
The first part looks like a standard blurb.........The second part is the reply and you should be happy that they have taken cognizance of your situation. Hopefully you'll receive the fingerprinting notice in the mail soon.

Good luck

sumant18
07-17-2008, 09:52 PM
I've had enough waiting for more than a year now for this. It would help if somebody else can confirm a letter like this if they have received it also.

ivy55
07-17-2008, 10:26 PM
How did you open Expedite SR, I opened SR nearly five times, took two InfoPass, yet not FP ?

InTheMoment
07-17-2008, 10:32 PM
XM0625 is the officer id.

sumant18
07-17-2008, 11:05 PM
How did you open Expedite SR, I opened SR nearly five times, took two InfoPass, yet not FP ?

I just got lucky..it was the second time I called on the same day. First time I jiust got one more SR (4th one). the next time I called about 2hrs later I asked her the status of my 2nd SR and told her the whole saga of how long I have been waiting and about my PD becoming current blah blah....

I have told the same sob story many times but this lady seemed to go the extra mile and put in an "expedite" request. She herself volunteered for that and told me that I would hear back in 5 days which I did. I opened the SR last Friday and I had this letter in my mail today.

Just keeping fingers crossed and hoping the notice comes thru.

I will keep you guys posted on what happens.

small2006
07-21-2008, 11:21 AM
FYI:
I don't know if this is old news but thought of sharing it anyway.

I was in the same boat as many others here i.e, no FP notice even 1yr after filing for 485. With my PD becoming current in Aug 2008, I called my attorney to see if he can do anything to help me out. He told me that due to several complaints from people like us and a law suit threat (or an actual lawsuit, not sure) from AILA, the Texas center has sent has set up an exclusive fax line for such requests. This system came into existence only about 2-3 weeks ago.

He sent a fax on my behalf to that number last Tuesday 7/15/08. My wife and I both received FP notices on Sat 7/19/08! So looks like for a change, something that’s set up for our own good is actually working. Frankly, I hadn’t pinned any hopes on the fax having a positive impact but I was pleasantly surprised. Our appointments are for next week.

Hope this little tip will help others in the same boat if their attorneys are either not aware and/or haven’t told their clients about it.

The fax number is not made available to the general public. Only attorneys have access to it.

BTW: As a result of all this, I haven't seen any LUD changes (soft or hard) on my case status online....I thought that was strange.

Aah_GC
07-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Hi there - thanks for posting this. Am in the same boat as you were. Do you by any chance have that fax number?

srkamath
07-21-2008, 12:23 PM
FYI:

I was in the same boat as many others here i.e, no FP notice even 1yr after filing for 485. With my PD becoming current in Aug 2008, I called my attorney to see if he can do anything to help me out. He told me that due to several complaints from people like us and a law suit threat (or an actual lawsuit, not sure) from AILA, the Texas center has sent has set up an exclusive fax line for such requests. This system came into existence only about 2-3 weeks ago.

He sent a fax on my behalf to that number last Tuesday 7/15/08. My wife and I both received FP notices on Sat 7/19/08! So looks like for a change, something thatís set up for our own good is actually working. Frankly, I hadnít pinned any hopes on the fax having a positive impact but I was pleasantly surprised. Our appointments are for next week.

Hope this little tip will help others in the same boat if their attorneys are either not aware and/or havenít told their clients about it.

The fax number is not made available to the general public. Only attorneys have access to it.

BTW: As a result of all this, I haven't seen any LUD changes (soft or hard) on my case status online....I thought that was strange.

What is the fax number?

small2006
07-21-2008, 01:43 PM
I knew this would be the next obvious question and therefore I included that last line in my earlier post. Sorry but I tried to glean that from my attorney and there was no way he would give it to me.

If you have an attorney working on your case it should be a simple matter of him/her sending in the request. Please try that option. Also I think it would carry more weight if it goes from an attorney's office than from an applicant directly.

small2006
07-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Yesterday, I received one more appointment notice for a different day (one day after the original appointment). This is in addition to the appointment notice that I had received earlier.

Has this happened to anybody before? Is it just a mistake on the part of USCIS? I am planning on going there as per the first notice.

Any ideas from anybody?

small2006
07-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Just got back from FP from the local ASC. While there I asked the guy who dows FP if he knows anything about FBI namecheck and he had no clue. Said he doesn't have access to that data here.

That's that. In my area, the FP and Infopass appt locations are different. Wondering if I should make an infopass and go in for namecheck inquiry.

FYI:

He sent a fax on my behalf to that number last Tuesday 7/15/08. My wife and I both received FP notices on Sat 7/19/08! So looks like for a change, something thatís set up for our own good is actually working. Frankly, I hadnít pinned any hopes on the fax having a positive impact but I was pleasantly surprised. Our appointments are for next week.

Hope this little tip will help others in the same boat if their attorneys are either not aware and/or havenít told their clients about it.