PDA

View Full Version : FP notice for EAD on a weekend ?

irrational
07-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Hi folks,
I e-filed my EAD and got a notice for FP on Aug 2, 2008. Its a Saturday.

Is the ASC Open on the weekends or should I be calling them and asking about it.

This is Dallas, TX ASC.

-Bipin

InTheMoment
07-17-2008, 02:43 PM
Yes, most ASC's are open on Saturdays.

irrational
07-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the info.

Also, I still didn't get my 485 FP.

Do you think they can take my 485 FPs if I request them ?

-Bipin

prakgc
07-17-2008, 10:30 PM
Yes you can try to do that..

when did you apply for EAD renewal? I applied on June 26th today is July 18 and still no FP notice ..though i received receipt notices within a week after filing...

Thanks for the info.

Also, I still didn't get my 485 FP.

Do you think they can take my 485 FPs if I request them ?

-Bipin

irrational
07-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Hi prakgc,
I efiled on July 3. I heard that it generally takes 2 -3 weeks.

I am in Dallas Area, so may be the mail got delivered quicker :)

-Bipin

vivekv
07-18-2008, 02:40 PM
My attorneys paper filed for me and I never got a FP mail. I got my EAD and AP about three weeks back. Now, should I probably call USCIS and ask them to schedule for an FP in my case?

Please advice.

irrational
07-18-2008, 04:16 PM
Vivek,
A paper filed EAD doesn't need a FP. its only for efiled one.

ameryki
07-18-2008, 04:29 PM
My attorneys paper filed for me and I never got a FP mail. I got my EAD and AP about three weeks back. Now, should I probably call USCIS and ask them to schedule for an FP in my case?

Please advice.

you don't need to go for FP if you paper filed. enjoy the EAD and if I am not mistaken you are the person that got EAD/ AP in 1 card good for you mate.

rajuseattle
07-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Irrational,

U r lucky in a sense you dont have to take time off from the work.

Yeah USCIS - ASC is working on Saturdays, they even schedule Naturalization interviews on the weekends, so no worry be happy.:)

By the way where did your e-file application was routed? Was it NSC or TSC?

I e-files myself on July 2nd 2008, sent them the support docs on the same day, I received the Paper receipts but still waiting for FP notices which according the e-file receipt is the next logical step.

I guess due to heavy work load for EAD renewals ( USCIS's money making system for the retrogressed applicants) it might take some time. I have my current EAD valid until Oct 10th 2008...so lots of time before I start worrying about it.

Thanks for sharing the info, folks will not be surprised to see their FP schedule on the weekends.