PDA

View Full Version : Help..to file complain on Employer..

tabletpc
07-17-2008, 11:44 AM
My friend was offerd a job from company "A" 3-4 months back and they had agreed to file for H1b for him an he was suposed to join them from Oct 1st.
At the time of filing, emplyer asked my freind to keep $$$ as deposit and it would be returned on the very first day of joining. My friend agreed to this. He has proof for this. Few days back my freind got to know from online status that, his h1b is denied. So he coontacted the employer to to get more information on this denial. But emplyer is not responding to him.
Now my freind wants the $$$ back and request the emplyer not to refile H1b(I don't think emplyer will also refile). So my freind is thinking of filing a complaint with USCICS for not returning the money and also not advitizing for the job while he was hired. Can anyone tell me what forms is to be filed and will filing complain jeoperdize my freind status in any way. He is now planning to continue with school for longer time. So he presently does has F1 status.
Emplyer is a desi firm.( I am sure you must have gussed it by now)

Looking foward to your response...

Thanks

Humhongekamyab
07-17-2008, 11:53 AM
My friend was offerd a job from company "A" 3-4 months back and they had agreed to file for H1b for him an he was suposed to join them from Oct 1st.
At the time of filing, emplyer asked my freind to keep $$$ as deposit and it would be returned on the very first day of joining. My friend agreed to this. He has proof for this. Few days back my freind got to know from online status that, his h1b is denied. So he coontacted the employer to to get more information on this denial. But emplyer is not responding to him.
Now my freind wants the $$$ back and request the emplyer not to refile H1b(I don't think emplyer will also refile). So my freind is thinking of filing a complaint with USCICS for not returning the money and also not advitizing for the job while he was hired. Can anyone tell me what forms is to be filed and will filing complain jeoperdize my freind status in any way. He is now planning to continue with school for longer time. So he presently does has F1 status.
Emplyer is a desi firm.( I am sure you must have gussed it by now)

Looking foward to your response...

Thanks

My suggestion is to do the research on previous threads. This issue has been extensively discussed with all the steps involved including Form numbers. You might want to search for a thread started by Pappu.

tabletpc
07-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Unable to find the more resource on this. Can anyone help me with this...??

jonty_11
07-17-2008, 12:44 PM
u can take employer to a local civil court. Since it is not wages taht he is blocking for ur friend..u cannot complain to the labor deptt.