PDA

View Full Version : RFE Response envelope too small

iwantmygreen
07-17-2008, 03:46 AM
I am responding to a RFE. The USCIS has mailed in an envelope in which I am supposed to send the response. The envelope is too small to fit all the docs. What should I do?

They have asked me for all I-797 approval notices received so far. They have specifically mentioned approval notices. Do I have to send all prior H1B approvals, 140 approval notice. Do I also have to include my EAD,AP approval along with the Receipt notice for 485.

StuckInTheMuck
07-17-2008, 08:18 AM
I am responding to a RFE. The USCIS has mailed in an envelope in which I am supposed to send the response. The envelope is too small to fit all the docs. What should I do?
I would use a bigger envelope, write the same destination address as on the supplied envelope (if any), write your address on top left, and clearly state (and underline) something like "RFE Response". Despite all the apparent idiosyncrasies the USCIS is blamed for (sometimes justifiably), it is unlikely they will be offended enough to deny you GC if you use your own envelope instead of theirs :)