PDA

View Full Version : H1B denied

rapatel83
03-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Hi,

this was first time when my employer applied for my H1b. On 4th March i got a letter from USCIS stating that my H1b is denied. So wanted to check on what are my options now.

my opt expired on 31st dec 2010. and my 60 days of grace period got over on 2nd March 2010. so i guess i am out of status as of now. My employer is willing to re apply for me in april 2011 quota. But to stay in US and to maintain a legal status i need to get a admission in a college, but as my SEVIS has expired the few colleges which i inquired said they will not be able to provide me the admission.

Please guide me through this problem

Thanks

HRPRO
03-09-2011, 10:51 AM
RAPATEL,

You are technically out of status and the more time you spend here under the current scenario is only going to hurt your applications in the future.

You are looking to make a new application to start in October and that is way out. Even to switch back to F-1 from being out of status is going to be an issue. It is better to leave and re-enter the country.

BTW, What was the reason for the rejection. If it is related to the employer's credentials or a compatibility issue between you and the job/company another application from the same employer may not help.