PDA

View Full Version : Visitor Visa for in-laws - White Slip without 221g

roseball
03-08-2011, 10:09 AM
My in-laws attended visitor visa interview at Hyderabad Consulate on 25th Feb. My mother-in-law (not working) got her visa (no questions asked) but father-in-law (an electrical engg manager, still working for central govt) was asked to fill out a questionnaire related to his professional experience and then given a white slip with a case number/email address and asked to email his resume/CV for further processing. He was told it would take 7 days to process his application.

I tried searching for similar cases on various forums and found some cases but couldn't find information on how long they took to approve the visa. So I was just wondering if anybody here has any further updates on such cases. Appreciate any feedback.

TIA.

ram_nara303
03-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Since your Father in law is a Central Govt Employee, i believe the reason they issued a white 221g is because he may not have provided a NOC (No objection Certificate) from the govt which should state that he is just travelling to US for tourism purposes and not for job related travel. This was how i had to get my father in law to get a NOC inorder to get his stamping done. Once they saw the NOC, they granted the visa.

My 2 cents.

roseball
03-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Since your Father in law is a Central Govt Employee, i believe the reason they issued a white 221g is because he may not have provided a NOC (No objection Certificate) from the govt which should state that he is just travelling to US for tourism purposes and not for job related travel. This was how i had to get my father in law to get a NOC inorder to get his stamping done. Once they saw the NOC, they granted the visa.

My 2 cents.

He had the NOC with him and he did mention it to the Visa Officer about the NOC and she mentioned its not required and asked him to email his CV to the email address listed in the white slip for further processing.