PDA

View Full Version : Proud to be a part of Immigration Voice in Texas

needhelp!
03-01-2011, 12:28 PM
IV members in Texas have sponsored the tickets for 5 of us to go to DC.

We have a total of 7 Texas IV members coming to DC - Chandu, Shan, Shantanu, Muthiah, Vikas, Jeeva, Niloufer and hoping to add a couple more.

Our long-time supporters (few of them GC holders) have once again come forward to make sure that we can represent TX constituencies in DC.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to the following for donating air miles for tickets:
Karthik
Sanjeev
Amit

MANY MANY MANY THANKS to the following for donating $$:
Tejas
Amey
Ganesh
Jay
Anon
Achintya
Rohan
Zoher
Ashish
Girish
Prasad
Manan
Amarsh
Sivaganesh
Malini
Rama
Amarsh

Texas Chapter is doing its part, we need all the states to do the same..

chanduv23
03-01-2011, 12:33 PM
IV members in Texas have sponsored the tickets for 5 of us to go to DC.

We have a total of 7 Texas IV members coming to DC - Chandu, Shan, Shantanu, Muthiah, Vikas, Jeeva, Niloufer and hoping to add a couple more.

Our long-time supporters (few of them GC holders) have once again come forward to make sure that we can represent TX constituencies in DC.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to the following for donating air miles for tickets:
Karthik
Sanjeev
Amit

MANY MANY MANY THANKS to the following for donating $$:
Tejas
Amey
Ganesh
Jay
Anon
Achintya
Rohan
Zoher
Ashish
Girish
Prasad
Manan
Amarsh
Sivaganesh
Malini
Rama
Amarsh

Texas Chapter is doing its part, we need all the states to do the same..

Awesome. Hope we get more active participants in Texas. Hope we get more active participation from other places.

pappu
03-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Wonderful.

Kudos to Texas chapter.

StarSun
03-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Absolutely wonderful to see such active and supportive participants. Many many thanks to the TX members for donations and airmiles (in addition to contributing to IV advocacy fund). A job well done by the TX chapter leader! Thanks Niloufer!

We need the same kind of activism and support from other state chapters. Members willing to take the time off from work can use the support of the members who are unable to do so. They can contribute financially to send people to represent them and their state. Every major city in every US state has many immigrants who are stuck in backlogs. If the TX example can be mirrored in other chapters, we would have no problems having representation from states on the advocacy days.

I hope members from other states are inspired and take the initiative in their own states.

chanduv23
03-01-2011, 01:57 PM
To all those who think - what is the use? Why should I go? Will it help me personally (other than common good)?

When you go to DC for advocacy, it is a totally different experience. You learn a lot of things. You will experience first hand, what goes on in the hill. You will talk to people who writwe the text on the bills that law makers propose. You will go to your constituency law maker's office and talk to someone who wants to listen to you and do what they can to help you.
It is a really great experience, you meet with people, discuss stuff, get to know lot of things. Get into the legislative office buildings and keep walking in those mazes, split into groups, regroup for lunch, sit and discuss strategies, experiences .... it is all an experience.

Here is just a sample pic of one of the lobby days we did when I was in Tri State chapter. This was a Tri State exclusive lobby day
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/pkewKMj__YpUNoawTonHZPQ-3GWyNrUz5UeVu1_ym_I?feat=directlink

IV members are very friendly and helpful and you will feel very happy and contended with your fellow IV members.

Muna0808
03-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Just contributed a small amout of $100 for the cause !!!

-- Munawaar

ravi98
03-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Great to see a group working together!