PDA

View Full Version : How about "IV Annual Meet" !?

RNGC
07-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Guys,
I am proposing a "IV Annual Meet", Not all of IV need to meet in one place, but all the state chapters can meet in their local states on this one day. We should make this a annual affair. ATLEAST, we should meet once a year. It should be for a whole day, 10 - 5. Every one who wants to visit can RSVP, we can do it in a grand way with lunch etc...we can cover the expenses with a donation of $25 per person .

When ?

First Saturday of November ? This way we do not disturb people's summer time vacations.

How does this help ?

First, it will help to meet State members face to face.

We can invite distinguished people to our meeting to give a speech, so we get press coverage.

We can decide our next steps.

Basically we can do a lot.

We can do some voting too. I (lot of other IVans too) have always wanted to change our groups name to "LegalImmigrationVoice", (no offense to the people who coined this name, they have started a organisation that all Legal Immigrants are benefited, they should find a place in US history books ! :) ) so we do not give the benefit of doubt to anyone that we represent ill-legal immigrants also.

Every one please share your thoughts as what we can do in this annual meet.

ras
07-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Guys,
I am proposing a "IV Annual Meet", Not all of IV need to meet in one place, but all the state chapters can meet in their local states on this one day. We should make this a annual affair. ATLEAST, we should meet once a year. It should be for a whole day, 10 - 5. Every one who wants to visit can RSVP, we can do it in a grand way with lunch etc...we can cover the expenses with a donation of $25 per person .

When ?

First Saturday of the first week of November ? This way we do not disturb people's summer time vacations.

How does this help ?

First, it will help to meet State members face to face.

We can invite distinguished people to our meeting to give a speech, so we get press coverage.

We can decide our next steps.

Basically we can do a lot.

We can do some voting too. I (lot of other IVans too) have always wanted to change our groups name to "LegalImmigrationVoice", (no offense to the people who coined this name, they have started a organisation that all Legal Immigrants are benefited, they should find a place in US history books ! :) ) so we do not give the benefit of doubt to anyone that we represent ill-legal immigrants also.

Every one please share your thoughts as what we can do in this annual meet.

I strongly agree with this proposal. Even if it doesn't yield too much, it definitely keeps the tempo and momentum in the community. I kind of propose two days:

1st day for meeting at the state level chapters in respective states
2nd day national meet. In the national meet, few representatives from the states take the messages from the previous state meet and discuss them at the national level. or some workable model, where we get the message from state meeting to the national meeting.

jthomas
07-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Most of the active members would have done their calls to lawmakers and the list of provided. What's next. Can somebody keep it moving.

deafTunes123
07-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Great Idea. I will definitely attend. But would recommend to keep before the Day Light Savings Period end. Just to help for the drivers who needs to drive long distance.

chanduv23
07-06-2008, 09:16 AM
These can be done through state chapters. In tri state chapter, we have always been having meet and greets. A lot of pics have been uploaded to http://immigrationvoice.blogspot.com

During the first few months of IV - when there was a meeting, we had around 3 to 5 people, but in a recent IV meeting in New Jersey we had around 60 people.

Anyone can take an initiative and do this.

Conference calls, meet and greet, publicity campaigns etc... can all be done effectively via state chapters

RNGC
07-07-2008, 12:37 PM
^

kalyan
07-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Invite the Senators to this meeting.

Make them come since we pay Taxes. That way , they know that there is legal Immigration Community .

Invite the Heads of DMV so that they can address our driving problems

Invite SSN people local heads.

When we do this, we can pay for their expenses to join us in that meet.

I am open to it. Not only by contribution but also working.

chanduv23
07-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Invite the Senators to this meeting.

Make them come since we pay Taxes. That way , they know that there is legal Immigration Community .

Invite the Heads of DMV so that they can address our driving problems

Invite SSN people local heads.

When we do this, we can pay for their expenses to join us in that meet.

I am open to it. Not only by contribution but also working.

Try to get IV members to join the State chapters first. Try to get the community to support IV first. Try to get the community make phone cals send letters first.

It is a step by step process. We have to get enough buzz and enough support from within our own community before we can call politicians or VIPs to come to our meets and greets