PDA

View Full Version : Green card for my son

tkumar03
07-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi

I got my GC approved for me and son (I485 application) in Nov 2007. I got my gc, whereas for my son who is 7 year old though he got I485 approved yet he did not get his GC. They mentioned they might need his finger print and so far no response from them. This is despite several follow up with them.

Last year 7 months he was not in US and now can he go to India and he will be there rest of this year.

Will it affect his GC and when will he get his GC?
thanks
Kumar

lazycis
07-01-2008, 05:50 PM
You need to push the issue with the USCIS. Call customer service and request to be transferred to immigration officer. Plead your case, request them to send FP notice for your son. Take an infopass if phone call does not do it. If notning helps, sue the USCIS on behalf of your son and you will get his GC within 2 months.

amitjoey
07-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Kumar:
Take an infopass appointment, ask them to generate a finger print notice for the same day, then go to the office with your son, where they take the fingerprints. Keep calling USCIS and then a week later take the Infopass appnt again. That should do it.

tkumar03
07-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Hi guys
thanks for the info. Since he got I 485 approved the GC status already began for him or only on receipt of GC his Green card status begins.
Which is correct? Any help.
thanks

amitjoey
07-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Hi guys
thanks for the info. Since he got I 485 approved the GC status already began for him or only on receipt of GC his Green card status begins.
Which is correct? Any help.
thanks

I485 approved means GC Approved.

waitin_toolong
07-03-2008, 06:38 PM
his GC is approved, before he leaves the country take an infopass appointment and get I551 stamp on his passport for him to be able to reenter the country. if he will be out of the country for more than 6 months he might need a reentry permit as well.

the card will come when it will.