PDA

View Full Version : Iv & Tana 2009

lvinaykumar
06-30-2008, 01:40 PM
I am sure many of you don't know about TANA organization ( www.tana.org ). TANA is held every 2 years in one of the major cities in US, and for 2009 TANA is scheduled to happen in Chicago.

"TANA IS GOING TO CELEBRATE 2009 CONFERENCE IN CHICAGO AT DONALD E STEPHENS CONVENTION CENTER, ROSEMONT FROM JULY 02, 2009 TO JULY 04, 2009. "

They usually get around 12,000 to 15,000 guest of Telugu speaking people. The point i would like to make is to increase the exposure of to IV, we need to put up a booth in TANA 2009. I have attended TANA organization committee meeting on Sunday, 29 2008 and have spoken to them about IV. TANA has several stage shows, booth for business , food stalls and much more. TANA Chicago org will be needing some help( not sure what at this time ). but if we can help them so that they give us some exposure in the TANA 2009. it will be really great.

Secondly, we can have our own booth which will cost some money we can get lot of publicity.

This is just a idea and a i think it is a win-win for both of us. Let me know what you guys think.

immique
06-30-2008, 01:45 PM
I am sure many of you don't know about TANA organization ( www.tana.org ). TANA is held every 2 years in one of the major cities in US, and for 2009 TANA is scheduled to happen in Chicago.

"TANA IS GOING TO CELEBRATE 2009 CONFERENCE IN CHICAGO AT DONALD E STEPHENS CONVENTION CENTER, ROSEMONT FROM JULY 02, 2009 TO JULY 04, 2009. "

They usually get around 12,000 to 15,000 guest of Telugu speaking people. The point i would like to make is to increase the exposure of to IV, we need to put up a booth in TANA 2009. I have attended TANA organization committee meeting on Sunday, 29 2008 and have spoken to them about IV. TANA has several stage shows, booth for business , food stalls and much more. TANA Chicago org will be needing some help( not sure what at this time ). but if we can help them so that they give us some exposure in the TANA 2009. it will be really great.

Secondly, we can have our own booth which will cost some money we can get lot of publicity.

This is just a idea and a i think it is a win-win for both of us. Let me know what you guys think.

I have heard great things about TANA. I am not a member of TANA, but would love to be one. Coordination between TANA like Organizations and IV would be a great opportunity for both Organizations as they can help each other in many ways.

chanduv23
06-30-2008, 03:18 PM
I have heard great things about TANA. I am not a member of TANA, but would love to be one. Coordination between TANA like Organizations and IV would be a great opportunity for both Organizations as they can help each other in many ways.

There is ATA (American Telugu Association) too and they have a convention in New Jersey this weekend.

ATA and TANA are big orgs but most of them are ABCD and USA citizens and I aam not sure to what extent we can get help from them.

The key to our solutions lies in us. Ours is a big community, but a very few people spend time and money and energy on working towards our goals and always want others to fix our issues

lvinaykumar
09-09-2008, 09:39 AM
I am going to meet TANA organisers again this month. I will try get more details for them on what kind of help do they need.

immiusa
09-09-2008, 11:27 AM
I agree that TANA & ATA are big organizations. But their focus is entertainment. And I heard that there is a lot of corruption. There are some allegations that people spend lot of money to become the president(or some other highest post). Who ever is competing for the highest post, they spend lot of money towards new membership program. they register all new members and ask them to vote for them. This happens just before the elections for the post. I do not think, people spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for new member registration with out expecting some thing back. Probably, there may be lot of corruption involved. I do not think, it is good idea of joining such kind of organizations. More over, there may be more organizations for each indian language in USA. Are we going to attach with all of them?

This is my opinion. If you do not like, you can remove it.

chanduv23
09-09-2008, 11:35 AM
I agree that TANA & ATA are big organizations. But their focus is entertainment. And I heard that there is a lot of corruption. There are some allegations that people spend lot of money to become the president(or some other highest post). Who ever is competing for the highest post, they spend lot of money towards new membership program. they register all new members and ask them to vote for them. This happens just before the elections for the post. I do not think, people spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for new member registration with out expecting some thing back. Probably, there may be lot of corruption involved. I do not think, it is good idea of joining such kind of organizations. More over, there may be more organizations for each indian language in USA. Are we going to attach with all of them?

This is my opinion. If you do not like, you can remove it.

I agree. All these organizations are like that. A good example on how fraudulent trustees iof temples might be check this http://in.rediff.com/us/2001/aug/04us2.htm - this is about tax fraud at Flushing Ganesh temple

Saralayar
09-09-2008, 11:39 AM
There is ATA (American Telugu Association) too and they have a convention in New Jersey this weekend.

ATA and TANA are big orgs but most of them are ABCD and USA citizens and I aam not sure to what extent we can get help from them.

The key to our solutions lies in us. Ours is a big community, but a very few people spend time and money and energy on working towards our goals and always want others to fix our issues

Most of the members even don't care about us. All are well settled citizens. One more thing, there is lot of group politics in those organizations. This also needs to be taken into account...