PDA

View Full Version : How many people were able to USE premium processing of i140..

here4gc
06-24-2008, 02:33 AM
Hey everybody..

Can people who were able to use I140 PP - please come forward...this will help everybody else who is waiting for their I140...

if the people who were able to use are very few in number...then USCIS may magically extend the criteria they have enforced..

Thanks,

karan2004m
06-24-2008, 05:40 PM
None

here4gc
06-25-2008, 12:58 AM
You know..people who are affected by this..bombard emails to ombudsman saying...none of your friends and neither u qualify..based on the stringent criteria enforced for premium processing of i140...its as good as not having premium processing...

My 2 cents...

cygent
06-25-2008, 01:38 AM
It's pretty obvious they did this to show that they are "improvising" "effort" ""
when all along they knew it would not > their workload. As Jock himself said, things won't improve in his term as DHS head, ie., WE WILL SEE NO CHANGES IN THE SYSTEM FOR 4 MORE YEARS. It's all a farce folks, thats the wicked world we live in.

Only way we can help ourselves is through legislation. Whining to USCIS will just piss them off even more & cause more harm to us down the road.

here4gc
06-25-2008, 01:59 AM
I agree..but legislation is long term away...this govt has its hands and feet tied...so no hope until next jan/feb anyway...the least we can do is try and create noise..

On Legislation, look at how they twisted and turned the 180 day pending rule for FBI backlogged application in their favor by coming up with processing times..extended till next year June..basically they said...great ..new legislation..we will implement it next june if any of u guys are around to check...

I know ombudsman and all that is a farce...but atleast if 1000 people ask the same question someone will do something...currently everybody filed in July 2007 and Aug 2007 are totally backlogged...it used to take about 2-3 months to process an I140 - even if they received double the applications it shud not take so long...plus TSC has implemented this pilot plus program which binds both the 140 and 485 together..so no 140 gets processed at all...heck what legislation can u come up with stupid methodologies like that ?? - the best thing wud be for AILA or someone else to stand up and say..enuf is enuff...we want audits on USCIS processing and they shud be subject to individual performance reviews and be questionable and answerable on each and every case...lets push for accountability...more than anything else..

kalyan
06-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Practically the I-140 PP does'nt help everybody. But it helps people like me who are now zeroing in on 6'th Year.

Only with this kind of thing, i can get 3 years extension , otherwise with 1-140 being stuck, i can get only 1 year extensions which is bizarre.

They practically thought every possible scenario and selected few to help them

The guys who are whining, they will leave their employers once -140 is cleared since they might have got 485 in the last year open gate.

There are lot of things in you and your family that might need to pay attention to get things done right way.

Dont point Fingers at USCIS. They are hearing us. They have to go by whats defined to them as regulations.

We have lot of things to do on our side too before whining at someone.

loveiv
06-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Practically the I-140 PP does'nt help everybody. But it helps people like me who are now zeroing in on 6'th Year.

Only with this kind of thing, i can get 3 years extension , otherwise with 1-140 being stuck, i can get only 1 year extensions which is bizarre.

They practically thought every possible scenario and selected few to help them

The guys who are whining, they will leave their employers once -140 is cleared since they might have got 485 in the last year open gate.

There are lot of things in you and your family that might need to pay attention to get things done right way.

Dont point Fingers at USCIS. They are hearing us. They have to go by whats defined to them as regulations.

Agree with you.

rockstart
06-25-2008, 10:15 AM
I take this as a step in the right direction. Least USCIS is thinking of helping people. The very people who need help desperately. I can understand the agony and frustration of other people who are waiting for over a year to see their I140 getting approved. But if you think practically what can we acheive with 140 getting approved our 485 applications (for people with 140 pending) are good 2-3 years away (least) I am not talking about substitute cases filed before may 07. So only consolation for us is that with 140 approval we are one step closer to the GC dream other than that the wait does not stop us from working or doing things we were planning to do. If you work for a financially strong company you can use your EAD without any worries since they can answer any A2P queries easily.

SK2007
06-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi,

Does any one know if this is appliciable for people of 7th,8th year or so? I am stuck with I140 and am ready to get my 11 year extension of H1B, my attorney thinks I am not eligible for I140 premium.

subodh_sh
06-25-2008, 06:24 PM
I have applied for I-140 using premium processing last week.

vxb2004
06-25-2008, 09:06 PM
My friend has applied for his PP. I believe he qualifies all the requirements.

cygent
06-25-2008, 09:38 PM

I think we have introspected enough to whine IMHO. How is this fair for folks in BEC for 4-5 yrs., then apply 140 > 1yr. back & are on their 9-10 yr H1B? you think they wouldn't want to use AC21? C'mon man think straight.

Whereas newbies who applied PERM earlier this year, are free birds when they apply 140 in PP. This is gross injustice any way you slice it.

Furthermore, anyone on 6th year will now happily apply for PERM now this regulation is out & effective!! & will be laughing all the way to the bank at his luck.

kalyan
06-26-2008, 02:11 AM
I think we have introspected enough to whine IMHO. How is this fair for folks in BEC for 4-5 yrs., then apply 140 > 1yr. back & are on their 9-10 yr H1B? you think they wouldn't want to use AC21? C'mon man think straight.

Whereas newbies who applied PERM earlier this year, are free birds when they apply 140 in PP. This is gross injustice any way you slice it.

Furthermore, anyone on 6th year will now happily apply for PERM now this regulation is out & effective!! & will be laughing all the way to the bank at his luck.

Think of those people who bought labors, got LC substitution, think of those people who fake experience and make genuine guys feel bad. Think of those indian companies who are bringing guys on L1 and B1 to steal our jobs.

They are all ahead of you and me. Think of those housewifes who just got EAD and faked their experience and are sitting next to you and me and straining us without proper knowledge.

Think of those MS grads who are coming on board with 6 year fake experience.

Are'nt they ahead of you without experience.

Where there is a way people utilized it .

I agree BEC Guys , i am not sure why they have given PP for 6'th year only. I cannot help people in this form but there has to be a good reason why INS did'nt looked for these people.

Bottom LIne: Every Dog has its Day. I had my days with an Indian company for several years. Looks like i am not in a stable state.

I am sorry to hear you but USCIS has done great job to some extent

here4gc
06-26-2008, 02:22 AM
We all should try and do something..I had a petition and i was able to get 100 people to sign it with much much difficulty...anyway...

Many people talk of labor subs being bad..but let me tell u folks..as far as i know - people who did labor subs are the worst affected, because almost all my friends who had to do labor sub were stuck in BEC for 4+ years, then when they were nearing their 5'th year or 6'th year they got labor sub and jumped..then got stuck again...seriously..if u look at people who got labor sub..am sure masses wud be these kind...

Okay, I know there are many who came fresh and faked experience and got labor sub also..but guys thats the world...just think for one second...how many people from your school, your college, your neighborhood made it here ??? not many right ? - now think about all the bright people you met along the way..all your life...are they all as successful as you, are they all as RICH as you ? are they all enjoying like u...for example, a person who may have been very good in many respects maybe earing 20-30k/month in india...he may become a doctor..but he will have to do MD to be something good...and he may have been the star of your class...but u...you may have been average..and u are here...what wud those people be thinking about u ?? now..do u guys think labor sub is unfair ??

Sorry guys, i myself have been in this situation and thats the frustration, i am 7'th year H1b..spent 5+ years in full time job..no promotion, worked very very hard...they had me cut a cake when i left the company..got labor sub, got into consulting..but stuck in I140..now..do u think thats fair ?..when i met another guy who came from india last year, got labor, 140, EAD and is cooling his heels in consulting..sometimes when he does not have project, he goes to india for 3-4 months..comes back..does one small project, then goes back for another few months...i have been to india only 2wice..not because i cannot afford it..but because of stamping, visa etc etc etc...now do u think this is fair ??

Please...guys, don't curse each other..we are all stuck in this GC mess and instead of blaming each other..lets accept where we all are and move ahead and try to get out of this mess and lead the life we came here to lead!

Peace!

kalyan
06-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Thats exactly i am wishing.

Stop whining at USCIS.

They did a good job in last 3 years. They continue to do good job.

They are watching us, eliminating the loop holes. but its a long way to close all the loop holes .

There cannot be an Ideal system . Nature itself is not ideal always. We are not ideal

Stop whining at US govt and USCIS.

Lets make a difference if possible.

ace007
06-29-2008, 02:41 AM
My LC was filed just 3 days before 365 days prior to my 6th year end - I tried hard to get that done - now ironically I feel it would have been better otherwise :)

My lawyer told me now I will not be eligible for PP as I can get 1 year h1b extension based on LC filed 365 days prior to h1 expiry