PDA

View Full Version : Welcome New Members

bestin
06-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Friends
The past few days has witessed a lot of interest from Michigan residents in joining our chapter.However we could approve only a few heads because of the fact that some were inaccesible over phone.

We would also like to remind all members who are willing to join MI chapter to send in their phone number,IV id and your location.This would help us reach you quickly.

alterego
06-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Bestin,

I recently discussed this issue with a couple of people in southwest Michigan, in jobs and contract positions with Whirlpool corporation. I am not sure if that is where the interest is coming from, but it is quite possible. They are new blood and did not even know this organization existed and that it was instrumental in last years VB reversal. I offered to meet with a larger group of them and give a talk but asked one specific senior employee there to network and find out the potential interest of potential members. I shared with him the link to this website. I was told there are up to 50 members in various stages. Not sure how many would be interested, but....there is a pool we can tap into in one location.
There are a number of foreign nationals of many countries that work here too who are in the EB queue. Hopefully this can give a new impetus.

bestin
06-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Thats awesome.Great job alterego.I wish there are more members from SW Michigan.Since most of the new interest group have not mentioned their phone number,i am also not sure where they are from.

Almost 90% of our current members are in East Michigan.

BTB,pls check your email.

Bestin,

I recently discussed this issue with a couple of people in southwest Michigan, in jobs and contract positions with Whirlpool corporation. I am not sure if that is where the interest is coming from, but it is quite possible. They are new blood and did not even know this organization existed and that it was instrumental in last years VB reversal. I offered to meet with a larger group of them and give a talk but asked one specific senior employee there to network and find out the potential interest of potential members. I shared with him the link to this website. I was told there are up to 50 members in various stages. Not sure how many would be interested, but....there is a pool we can tap into in one location.
There are a number of foreign nationals of many countries that work here too who are in the EB queue. Hopefully this can give a new impetus.