PDA

View Full Version : Canadian PR & US Greencard

illuminati
06-21-2008, 10:22 PM
I know this issue have been discussed several times before, but I am trying to get practical answers from Guru's.

About to apply for my Canadian PR next week and my current status is
H1B (1.5 Years Left) and US GC Status : EB-2 (India) (Aug 2006), I-140 Approved , but havent filed for I-485 yet. As one could imagine Canadian PR is just a backup and I want to understand risks and potential issues in future.

1) Does appying/getting a Canadian PR before fling I-485 a issue? I know lot of folks did it , but was trying to see how you handled the issue at 485 Stage.

2) Although, I am not expecting my I-485 dates will be current very soon, what happens in case if I apply for 485 and Canadian PR is approved.

3) Can USCIS reject your I485 process if it sees canadian PR or do they send a RFE ?? I can always say that I will forgo my canadian PR once I get US GC , but do they buy it or would they make a issue out of it.

Thanks for all your time and hope this question would clear up lot of questions for other folks.

senk1s
06-22-2008, 01:39 AM
Some think its wasted money, some think its a worthwhile backup

1. No - nothing about canadian PR is required, only country of citizenship

2. Nothing happens

3. I dont know what LOE is - already having a canadian PR doesnt affect 485 (we've done the same) - you cannot maintain PR of 2 countries at the same time

illuminati
06-22-2008, 08:38 AM
Thanks for your update. Sorry about the LOE. Lately, I had been doing lot of project management. I meant RFE.