PDA

View Full Version : Citizenship wait of extra 5 years for people already stucked in backlog

sagar96
06-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Hi,
We all know that so many people are stucked due to this backlog and inefficient system. Some of them have spent over 5 years (counting from priority date) waiting for the green card. It would be worse for these people to wait additional 5 years to get their citizenship. I believe it would make sense to reduce the waiting time for these people by counting 5 years from their priority date or something of that sort. Would it make sense to work with senators and congressmen to have some kind of ruling on this front to ease this pain?
Please let us know your opinion.

Thanks

xbohdpukc
06-17-2008, 10:14 PM
not gonna happen, what's the point?

sunny1000
06-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Hi,
We all know that so many people are stucked due to this backlog and inefficient system. Some of them have spent over 5 years (counting from priority date) waiting for the green card. It would be worse for these people to wait additional 5 years to get their citizenship. I believe it would make sense to reduce the waiting time for these people by counting 5 years from their priority date or something of that sort. Would it make sense to work with senators and congressmen to have some kind of ruling on this front to ease this pain?

Thanks

I like your idea. But, I think it will be a really hard sell.

Nil
06-17-2008, 10:28 PM
It certainly makes sense to go after this - some people get through a lottery.
Others like us pay our dues, taxes included for 7-8-10 yrs and then join the queue for extra 5 yrs to get a citizenship.
This is unfair. Can IV look into this matter. If the norms are eased for folks who have been law abiding and tax paying residents for 10 yrs, why not get a shot at citizenship from then on?

sagar96
06-17-2008, 10:34 PM
I believe it would really ease pain of those people who have either go sucked due to labor substitution or namecheck or July fiasco or for any other matter.

If a person has already spent 5 years or so (from priority date or whatever waiting date) and also lived for significant number of years, it would make sense to let them apply for Citizenship.

gjoe
06-18-2008, 07:20 AM
Why not ask to automatically convert all I485 pending more than 5 yrs to N400? Just my thoughts :)

gccovet
06-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Why not ask to automatically convert all I485 pending more than 5 yrs to N400? Just my thoughts :)

We all would wish that!:)

We all know, that ain't gonna happen!!!

GCCovet

RNGC
06-18-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi,

Thanks

There is nothing wrong in asking! Crying baby gets milk!

H1bslave
06-18-2008, 11:37 AM
OMG :eek: you get US Passport before GC :D

pani_6
06-18-2008, 11:49 AM
People who have been legal and have had no problems with the law for 10 -12years should be given direct Citzen ship..I know McCain had this clause in one of his Bills ..no harm in trying..we dont need to make assumptions..we can try this one..very beneficial for lots of people stuck in the Queue from 2001..and its only fair and just that this is done...

I guess we need to start writing to senators about this

Great Idea and an workable one..once the envirnment loosens after the election everything is possible:)

pointlesswait
06-18-2008, 11:59 AM
but who wants the citizenship!

or..

Lets say US introduces GC_lite:
where in ppll opting for this GC will forgo the right to apply for citenship for good.. you can be a permanent resident permanently..but never a citizen..ta da...

so you c sagar..we all can get brilliant ideas..but the point is keep the focus..

Hi,

Thanks

LostInGCProcess
06-18-2008, 12:06 PM
If they allow unrestricted travel to other countries for any amount of time( not 4 months, not 6months, not 2 years, not x years)...then, i believe, nobody would go after the US citizenship. :D

Hi,

Thanks

rsdang
06-18-2008, 12:18 PM
I think ita a great idea and we should talk to some legal experts to understand what would be a good starting point and lets propose to some law makers...

Maybe somethinglike 8 years from date of 485 Filing you application is converted to a citizenship application

Or

You can file for citizenship immediately after getting GC if you have been pending for 5 years since filing 485...

Other ideas welcome...

lord_labaku
06-18-2008, 12:31 PM
Canada counts legal residency prior to obtaining PR with a 50% weight for your citizenship criteria; US can adopt something similar.

Unlike GC, citizenship will have better pull (it already does as USCIS is working on weekends to clear citizenship backlogs !!!!). Thats because of the vote bank that citizens offer. (This will be the bane of any democratic system - but I am digressing)

My opinion is that such a change can only occur when a comprehensive legislation that includes illegal immigrants moves forward.

Also think that it will take until 2010 for any such comprehensive immigration reform to gather much momentum in congress.

Humhongekamyab
06-18-2008, 01:35 PM
I think it is a very good. It is something that will help everybody.

I know Australia too has something similar to this. It is worth the try; no harm in trying.

gcnirvana
06-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Two words: Baby Steps!
Lets target the 3 lofgren bills and then aim for the next. I like your idea but there is no way its gonna fly. So lets make phonecalls, contribute to IV and pray :)

BTW, can you please change the word 'stucked' to 'stuck'. I don't think there is a word like that...Sorry!

Hi,

Thanks

485Mbe4001
06-18-2008, 03:28 PM
sure its great for all. how will you try move this forward. we have a problem getting 200 people to make calls to support simple bills.

We all have grand ideas, have we had any successes so far?

I think it is a very good. It is something that will help everybody.

I know Australia too has something similar to this. It is worth the try; no harm in trying.

Green.Tech
06-18-2008, 03:33 PM
sure its great for all. how will you try move this forward. we have a problem getting 200 people to make calls to support simple bills.

We all have grand ideas, have we had any successes so far?

Good idea but where is the support.

Not enough people participating in the phone campaigns!

One financial contribution per day!

Let's focus on the tasks on hand. If we get traction in the Congress with these bills, may be we will be in a strong position at that time to move on to the next great idea. Till then, for those who believe in what IV stands for (and I hope majority of us do!), please light up those phone lines and participate in the funding drive.

Thanks.

wandmaker
06-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Funding Drive: < 225 members contributed to funding drive out of 29,684 registered members.
Phone Call Action Item: < 100 people made a phone call out of 29,684 registered members.
Currently Active Users: 734 (177 members and 557 guests)

Nothing is free on mother earth - Support funding drive and action item - Help IV to Help you otherwise most of the skilled immigrants will have to wait for more than a decade to gain LPR.

Now the choice is yours

(1) support iv on action items and funding drive
(2) do your day-to-day work (some of them based on top threads on iv)
(2a) Check VB
(2b) Check Processing Times
(2c) Receipting Delays
(2d) Read all the forums

VivekAhuja
06-18-2008, 04:12 PM
I don't see the advantage of asking USCIS to change another whole process to allow this to happen. This will delay all other current processes.
In any case, what is the immediate advantage of having US Citizenship in addition to GC? Except may be (the disadvantage) having to apply for a Visa to one's home country when you go to visit (most have no dual citizenships).

Saralayar
06-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Hi,

Thanks
Few months ago I started a thread on this thought. There were mixed thoughts and if you want, you can merge this with that thread.

bfadlia
06-18-2008, 04:39 PM
It is not an outlandish idea.. Canada already does exactly that, count the time of legal stay prior to residence approval towards the citizenship waiting period.
We can argue it doesn't break the purpose of the citizenship waiting period. That period is mainly imposed to prevent a foreign nation from quickly planting agents serving its purposes in the US, or having new voters who are not familiar with US politics.

immique
06-18-2008, 04:56 PM
it is a good idea to work on. it is perfectly logical to think that people who have waited upto 8-9 years for their green card get some reprieve in their waiting for Citizenship. they have obeyed every law and paid taxes and contributed greatly to this country and I think the Government will be considerate to this idea. IV can include this in their goals. ofcourse our immediate goal is to work on EB backlogs, but decreasing the wait times for Citizenship makes perfect Political sense as Congressmen and Senators will be more interested in us once they realize that we will be eigible for Citizenship sooner than later. this suggestion makes perfect sense

Saralayar
06-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Few months ago I started a thread on this thought. There were mixed thoughts and if you want, you can merge this with that thread.

This topic was discussed in this thread:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18393

Dingdong
01-29-2013, 10:16 PM
Counting wait time for green card processing (from priority date) to meet the 5 yr. time requirement for US citizenship was a good idea floated many years ago on this forum. It will help a lot of people if IV Core Team can include it in their advocacy agenda. This is a good time to do this as after CIR, it will be hard to fight for any changes.

Hi,

Thanks

AnnaRamdev
01-30-2013, 12:41 AM
i completely agree, even in other countries if you been on work visa half of your time is counted towards citizenshiprequirements.
specially people on h1/ead should get some credit and ithink is doable.
as idea between green card and citizenship is like probation time to make sure future citizen is of good moral character etc.
we been on probation for already 10+ years,

gc_check
01-30-2013, 09:29 AM
Notice the first message in thread was posted back in 2008. Though this is very important and helps every one, I do not this (only my view) this is as important as getting the LRP Status or addressing unwanted road block for getting LRP. Also IV (My opinion only) being a member / volunteer driven organization, would probably work on the more pressing item and use the resource they have efficiently and wisely. I am not from core, but would guess even the active volunteers working hard on this will benefit, but I think there focus is on the items that help the over all community and beyond self interest. If any one (folks want this asap) if they take lead on this item and do what it take, hope core IV will help.

bharad
01-30-2013, 09:31 AM
5 years of wait after the PR for citizen was introduced to make sure that a person has contributed to the country economically and has developed some bonding for living in the states, and when this law was introduced, I don't think we had wait time for PR, it was given at the port of entry. I may be wrong, but this is what I assume happened.

But now, we have wait time of so many years due to backlog, wastage of Visa numbers, change in laws for per-country, I feel that we should try to solve the root cause, where in after all the legal formalities are completed like labor(where the individual comes in to fulfil a requirement), I-140 where all the paritculars are verified as thoroughly as possible and then I-485 is just a formality where in the application waits for a visa number to be alloted after background checks are completed.

I feel that the background checks are very much required to make sure proper people get into US, but at the same time we should seek for starting the clock after I-140 where the individual's application for bonding with US has been verified, and the individiual should be eligible to file for citizenship as soon as PR is approved in case the individual has waited long enough.

Flyingcrow
01-30-2013, 09:32 AM
Fear its too late. There would be enough debate to realize at least some of the items that have been already proposed. As well, this is not a burning issue for many of us.

eastindia
01-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Are you guys saying IV should stop working on all items and only work on this citizenship idea? I am confused?

wangwei417
01-30-2013, 11:59 AM
I think it's an easy sell, because they got more potential votes.
I like this idea: "file for citizenship immediately after getting GC if you have been pending for 5 years since filing 485..."

let me know if we can call or write letter to our law-makers together.

spicy_guy
01-30-2013, 12:38 PM
i think it's an easy sell, because they got more potential votes.
I like this idea: "file for citizenship immediately after getting gc if you have been pending for 5 years since filing 485..."

+1.

DallasBlue
01-30-2013, 01:04 PM
If we really want to tackle unauthorized migration, we need to understand why it exists in the first place. The most important cause is our system of allocating green cards, or visas for permanent residency, which stipulates that no country may have more than 7 percent of the total each year. With an annual ceiling of 366,000 family- and employer-sponsored visas, the per-country limit is 25,620.

In practice, this means it is easy to immigrate here from, say, Belgium or New Zealand, but there are long waits — sometimes decades — for applicants from China, India, Mexico and the Philippines. These four max out on the limit every year. When critics admonish prospective immigrants — as well as the 11 million plus undocumented migrants currently in America — to “go to the back of the line,” they should realize that for many people the line is a cruel joke.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/30/opinion/reforming-immigration-for-good.html?_r=0

can senator of alabama or his staffers realise or understand ?

unluckydude
01-30-2013, 01:32 PM
Are you guys saying IV should stop working on all items and only work on this citizenship idea? I am confused?

No, I guess they meant IV should also add this to the agenda. You never know, some member of congress will find it as a meaningful and valid request and could add as part of the reform.

pappu
01-30-2013, 01:33 PM
I think it's an easy sell, because they got more potential votes.
I like this idea: "file for citizenship immediately after getting GC if you have been pending for 5 years since filing 485..."

If you wanted this idea, work should have started in 2008 for the 2013 Bill. It takes a long time for any idea. By simply posting an idea, writing letters, signing petitions one cannot achieve anything. It requires a long drawn plan, lot of resources, personal time , several visits to DC every month by multiple people, many advocacy days, talking to many companies and organizations for support, attending many events of lawmakers, other organizations , attending fundraisers, raising a lot of capital to fund advocates who would do meetings every week and cover every lawmaker office and often going several times to some offices, etc etc.... This fix helps greencard holders. Good luck to you if you can get a few greencard holders in your team or have them contribute over a period of time. Many in our community only think about their greencard and are not bothered about actually fixing the problem. Once they get greencard they will not help others. One simple check is to see how many of these people writing on threads about this idea since 2008 are actually continuing donor members of a petty amount of $25 per month for high earning people like us? You will know their sincerity to the cause. It is very easy to put your ideas on the forums. Everyone is full of ideas. Even I have lot of ideas. We should consider ourselves fortunate that there is still a small group of dedicated volunteers that are working hard and making sacrifices in this IV effort while everyone else is sitting back and tracking, predicting, being arm chair critic or a freeloader.

If you or someone has the stamina, dedication, and resources to do that, go ahead and plan for this citizenship bill after a couple of years when you have gained more support. But if you get your greencard during this process will you drop out? How many hours per week can you commit for the next 3 years? There are all these questions and many more before you discuss the idea and say it is an easy sell. If it is an easy sell, try selling yourself in DC by taking a week off and meeting people. You will know. IV has come a long way and we have been doing this effort for 7 years now and know how tough it is to even get DC people to buy what we naively think are easy sell on forums.

AnnaRamdev
01-30-2013, 01:54 PM
idont know any other organisation,which have done so much for legal immigrant community'
volunteers of iv you are unmatchable
thanks pappu for all you been doing for our coming generations and for thier betterment

Administrator2
01-30-2013, 02:34 PM
idont know any other organisation,which have done so much for legal immigrant community'
volunteers of iv you are unmatchable
thanks pappu for all you been doing for our coming generations and for thier betterment

Every now and then, someone says something like this. Please don't get me wrong, we are not looking for anyone's approval or accolades. All that we request everyone do is, stand-up for yourselves. Instead of spending time writing this, we request that you spend time blogging positively about immigration reform, share your personal stories, ask others to voice their opinion and get involved, call the office of your Congressman and Senator asking them to support Immigration Reform. You will see, when we all do our share, in time it will be so much rewarding for everyone involved.

gk_2000
01-30-2013, 02:43 PM
Every now and then, someone says something like this. Please don't get me wrong, we are not looking for anyone's approval or accolades. All that we request everyone do is, stand-up for yourselves. Instead of spending time writing this, we request that you spend time blogging positively about immigration reform, share your personal stories, ask others to voice their opinion and get involved, call the office of your Congressman and Senator asking them to support Immigration Reform. You will see, when we all do our share, in time it will be so much rewarding for everyone involved.

Thanks for rejecting the sycophancy. The forum is, unfortunately, all talk and no action (yes, myself included)

Administrator2
01-30-2013, 02:46 PM
Thanks for rejecting the sycophancy. The forum is, unfortunately, all talk and no action (yes, myself included)

Talk about yourself, not the entire forum. There are a lot of matured people on the forum who are very actively involved, which is in large part the reason we have very favorable view of our provisions. Nothing happens by itself. Please take a look at The President's proposal and the Senate I2 bill introduced yesterday.

gk_2000
01-30-2013, 06:38 PM
Talk about yourself, not the entire forum. There are a lot of matured people on the forum who are very actively involved, which is in large part the reason we have very favorable view of our provisions. Nothing happens by itself. Please take a look at The President's proposal and the Senate I2 bill introduced yesterday.

Looked it up. It is indeed very commendable

simple.life
01-30-2013, 09:04 PM
anyone who has green card and is eligible for ssn benefits should be able to apply for citizenship.

to be eligible for ssn, one has to earn 40 credits but you can earn only 4 credits every year so 10 years of work in total.

unluckydude
01-30-2013, 09:17 PM
anyone who has green card and is eligible for ssn benefits should be able to apply for citizenship.

to be eligible for ssn, one has to earn 40 credits but you can earn only 4 credits every year so 10 years of work in total.

Really ?

a.j.2048
01-30-2013, 10:49 PM
Well, US citizenship also means being in hock to the IRS for life. Even giving up citizenship costs $400, and they'll still come after you for tax. Why would anyone want that?

Non-immigrant status is perfect for tax-averse high income people (most of EB pool hopefully). Minor changes are all that is necessary - maybe invent a new permanent non-immigrant status.

simple.life
01-31-2013, 01:27 AM
Really ?

Social Security Publications (http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10072.html#a0=1)

unluckydude
01-31-2013, 06:54 AM
Social Security Publications (http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10072.html#a0=1)

We all know about the 40 credits, where in the naturalization rule that states the provision of 40 credits is enough ?

By looking at your profile, you have your h1 from '01, got your PR in '11 and you must have accumulated enough credits to satisfy the rule . Did you become a citizen yet?

spicy_guy
01-31-2013, 09:15 AM
We all know about the 40 credits, where in the naturalization rule that states the provision of 40 credits is enough ?

By looking at your profile, you have your h1 from '01, got your PR in '11 and you must have accumulated enough credits to satisfy the rule . Did you become a citizen yet?

You don't need to become a citizen to claim SS benefits. You just need 40 credits. You need to refer to the SSA documents.

unluckydude
01-31-2013, 11:02 AM
You don't need to become a citizen to claim SS benefits. You just need 40 credits. You need to refer to the SSA documents.

I guess you did not read the complete thread, I am not talking about SS benefits. Please see below.

spicy_guy
01-31-2013, 12:04 PM
I guess you did not read the complete thread, I am not talking about SS benefits. Please see below.

Aaah.!.. I overlooked it.

Thanks!

simple.life
01-31-2013, 10:35 PM

i was responding to Pappu's note about other ideas besides the priority date idea.

btw its not only h1, credits are earned on f-1 using cpt/opt.

greyhair
02-01-2013, 08:06 AM
Someone waiting for 5 yrs in backlogs wants citizenship laws changed to benefit 5 yrs from priority dt.
Someone else waiting for 5 yrs since I-140 wants citizenship laws to changed to count 5 yrs from I-140.
Another person waiting for 5 yrs in I-485 wants it to be changed to count 5 yes from applying I'485.
Then same thing with 40 credits for SSN and blah blah blah blah

We want every law customized to benefit our individual situation that its getting to a point of being absurd. Without actually doing diddly sqwat people post action action items for someone else to work on. Can there be a better example of laziness of mind and body? I will search around, or just hang around here and see more of this coming :-)

spicy_guy
02-01-2013, 08:22 AM
Someone waiting for 5 yrs in backlogs wants citizenship laws changed to benefit 5 yrs from priority dt.
Someone else waiting for 5 yrs since I-140 wants citizenship laws to changed to count 5 yrs from I-140.
Another person waiting for 5 yrs in I-485 wants it to be changed to count 5 yes from applying I'485.
Then same thing with 40 credits for SSN and blah blah blah blah

We want every law customized to benefit our individual situation that its getting to a point of being absurd. Without actually doing diddly sqwat people post action action items for someone else to work on. Can there be a better example of laziness of mind and body? I will search around, or just hang around here and see more of this coming :-)

I was about to say this. But one thing is, even one of them happens, everyone will benefit. But we just need to think which is rationale.

Most of all, just wishing something would be good, not going to help. We'll have to collectively decide and work on this to bring this to law makers. This takes money, time and and energy from every individual, who directly or indirectly gets benefited.

waitingnwaiting
02-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Someone said they are brainstorming ideas. Why don't we assign responsibilities to people who came up with the idea. The person who started the thread should take the headship of this bill. How can we contact him?

simple.life
02-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Without actually doing diddly sqwat people post action action items for someone else to work on. Can there be a better example of laziness of mind and body

yes, visiting a forum and not posting an idea is most likely more lazy than actually posting an idea without any action. :D

can't even have a discussion anymore without somebody crying about "action items"

greyhair
02-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Someone said they are brainstorming ideas. Why don't we assign responsibilities to people who came up with the idea. The person who started the thread should take the headship of this bill. How can we contact him?

You are funny. I thought you have been around enough to know that everyone will just post and argue for provisions that will help their individual situation. Other than asking to pass a law that says "This bill gives green card to Mr. Radhe Shyam....." most posts here are so customized that its meant to fix the problem of only the guy or gal posting the suggestion.

sunny1000
02-04-2013, 11:57 AM
You are funny. I thought you have been around enough to know that everyone will just post and argue for provisions that will help their individual situation. Other than asking to pass a law that says "This bill gives green card to Mr. Radhe Shyam....." most posts here are so customized that its meant to fix the problem of only the guy or gal posting the suggestion.

So how about this - reduce the wait time of 5 years to get citizenship to 3 years for those who have EB green card. This is similar to what the law makers did to spouses of U.S citizens by reducing the wait time to 3 years from 5 years.

Now, before you raze me for posting this idea (yes, I admit that I am one of those arm chair bloggers) I will disclose that I have a green card and I waited 10 years to get it. So, please take this idea with a grain of salt.

greyhair
02-04-2013, 12:10 PM
So how about this - reduce the wait time of 5 years to get citizenship to 3 years for those who have EB green card. This is similar to what the law makers did to spouses of U.S citizens by reducing the wait time to 3 years from 5 years.

Now, before you raze me for posting this idea (yes, I admit that I am one of those arm chair bloggers) I will disclose that I have a green card and I waited 10 years to get it. So, please take this idea with a grain of salt.

Great idea! You forgot to say that your idea is "easy sell", "no brainier", "low hanging fruit", "should be easily done by next week if we only ask" and "who owns the action item to make it happen because you said so".

spicy_guy
02-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Great idea! You forgot to say that your idea is "easy sell", "no brainier", "low hanging fruit", "should be easily done by next week if we only ask" and "who owns the action item to make it happen because you said so".

Lol! and "IV should seriously consider this" :rolleyes:

sunny1000
02-04-2013, 03:56 PM

Yeah...mock me...that will make you get your point across faster:rolleyes:

Flyingcrow
02-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Lets get together an action plan for this and execute on it..This will benifit everyone from people in immigration queue or people who have GC's...

This is the time to get this idea across and work on Lobbying effort...there is a good chance that this will get accepted if we can present this in a right way...

Anyone for putting together an action plan on this with me?

:rolleyes:

greyhair
02-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Lets get together an action plan for this and execute on it..This will benifit everyone from people in immigration queue or people who have GC's...

This is the time to get this idea across and work on Lobbying effort...there is a good chance that this will get accepted if we can present this in a right way...

Anyone for putting together an action plan on this with me?

I don't have Microsoft Projects 2010 to create this action plan otherwise I would have worked with you. I've Microsoft Projects 2008, will that work?

Got two new once - "will benifit everyone from people in immigration queue" and "is a good chance that this will get accepted if we can present this in a right way".

augustus
02-05-2013, 12:47 AM
I think those of us who have been waiting years in line for green card should not be waiting another 5 years for citizenship. Persons with STEM degree holders from US universities in line for more than 5 years should be given faster citizenship. When illegals can fight for this, we can too? Why don't we push our fight to getting faster citizenships?

greyhair
02-05-2013, 07:48 AM
Feel free to call me anytime at 814-555-1212 or send me your cell number and I will calk you. Lets get this Microsoft Projects 2008 cracking baby.

simple.life
02-06-2013, 01:25 AM
microsoft project 2008 doesn't go beyond 999999 days so you will definitely need project 2013 for this task.

greyhair
02-06-2013, 07:13 AM
microsoft project 2008 doesn't go beyond 999999 days so you will definitely need project 2013 for this task.

Which is why I want to work with Tiger and make the "plan". I expect Tiger's plan will reduce it to 99 days. Limitation of MS Project is no longer a problem. We have Tiger on our side :rolleyes:

Flyingcrow
02-06-2013, 08:13 AM
Which is why I want to work with Tiger and make the "plan". I expect Tiger's plan will reduce it to 99 days. Limitation of MS Project is no longer a problem. We have Tiger on our side :rolleyes:

999,999 is 2739 years :eek:!

unluckydude
02-06-2013, 09:42 AM
999,999 is 2739 years :eek:!

@greyhair, @flyingcrow - what are you guys talking about?

The Alchemist
02-06-2013, 03:28 PM
...let's just ask them to grant us citizenship, if we can clear this test..
Could you pass a US citizenship test? - Who signs bills? - CSMonitor.com (http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2011/0104/Could-you-pass-a-US-citizenship-test/Who-signs-bills)
i just did...so guess i should be made a citizen now!

*for those who might not get the joke, please do take it seriously!

waitingnwaiting
02-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Could you pass a US citizenship test? - Who signs bills? - CSMonitor.com (http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2011/0104/Could-you-pass-a-US-citizenship-test/Who-signs-bills)

This is the lowest hanging fruit I have seen in my life. IV should seriously consider this idea. Can someone create a petition so that we can all sign it?

greyhair
02-06-2013, 06:18 PM
This is the lowest hanging fruit I have seen in my life. IV should seriously consider this idea. Can someone create a petition so that we can all sign it?

Good God :rolleyes:

unluckydude
02-06-2013, 06:30 PM

Are these sarcastic remarks or frustration from waiting for so long ? I guess even I am in the same boat having been in the country for 14 years and still have no status to claim.

paridhi123
01-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Friends please take a moment to read and sign this. It's my petition to Speaker #JohnBoehner and the #UShouseofrepresentatives. This petition is for acting on the High Skilled Immigration reform. I am sure many of you would agree and would like to act. Let us atleast do our part. Please sign and support me !!

We need 100 signatures for this petition to be sent to the speaker #JohnBoehner and #UShouseofrepresentatives ... Please click on the link and sign this petition and share this to have your friends sign it too !!

http://www.change.org/petitions/john-boehner-and-u-s-house-of-representatives-and-barack-obama-petition-to-approve-the-high-skill-immigration-reform?share_id=sWRrEYDZSm&utm_campaign=share_button_action_box&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

sanprabhu
01-21-2014, 01:06 PM

Here is your petition:

http://www.change.org/petitions/us-congress-naturalization-time-frame-for-green-card-holders?utm_source=guides&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=petition_lonely

spicy_guy
04-08-2016, 04:59 PM
I guess, the better idea (selling) is that, the dates should start from the time they file 485.