PDA

View Full Version : Are you nuts? This is absurd...

cleopatra
02-14-2011, 08:54 AM
I am referring to people who have no plans of contributing to the advocacy day in any way and not attending either.

Thanks to all those who contributed in any way to this event.

I may get reds for this. But I don't care. So go ahead if you want to give me some.

We have one last chance this year to get a bill passed to fix the legal immigration issues.

This requires a STRONG advocacy in addition to us calling the lawmakers. We have one chance to fix this issue this year and if it doesn't happen, you are going to wait for another 2 years or more.

We have a long way to reach the stated goal amount. This is for your own good. If you are going to anything to get your GC in any way, this is it. Either attend the event or at least make a financial contribution.

once again, if you can make it to the event, great, pls do so. If you can't make it to the event, pls. contribute in some way, at least financially.

We have more than 50K members and we are struggling to reach $50,000. What a pathetic scenario. Just wait till a handful of the racist, anti-immigrant xenophobes get ready and want to fight against provisions that will get you your legal GC. You will see millions being collected from just these handful of people.

Come on people. There are a lot of you who are just lurking in the forums and seeing if you can get your GC from others' efforts. For those of you in this boat, shame on you.

Now don't give yourself any idiotic excuses about why you are not contributing to this event. If you don't contribute in any way to this event, you are to blame for all your sufferings.

Just plain whining, bickering among fellow members or being petty will not move you any closer to GC.

If you don't contribute in any way for this event (by attending, donating airmiles, providing accomodation or in any other way that you can), or don't contribute just $50 or $100 financial donation that will help get you your freedom, what in the world will you do to get your GC? This is beyond laziness and beyond selfishness.

If you are on the fence, please indicate your commitment in respective threads as soon as possible. This will help the core team to plan better. You will thank yourself later. Please help yourself get your GC faster.

Imagine the power of 50000 active members. We would be able to get our issues noticed a lot faster and get a solution to the problems quickly.

Please donate. I did not mean to offend anyone, was just pissed off at our current state of affairs.

Please contribute in any way and make this event a huge success. Do this for yourself and your family. Are you and your family not worth it?

silveroaks
02-14-2011, 09:17 AM
Totally agree with you. I sent my check yesterday.
I think what I am going to do is copy/paste your message on as many threads as possible.

People just want someone else to do the job for them.

pappu
02-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Good post.

Michael chertoff
02-14-2011, 10:16 AM
I am referring to people who have no plans of contributing to the advocacy day in any way and not attending either.

I may get reds for this. But I don't care. So go ahead if you want to give me some.

We have one last chance this year to get a bill passed to fix the legal immigration issues.

This requires a STRONG advocacy in addition to us calling the lawmakers. We have one chance to fix this issue this year and if it doesn't happen, you are going to wait for another 2 years or more.

We have a long way to reach the stated goal amount. This is for your own good. If you are going to anything to get your GC in any way, this is it. Either attend the event or at least make a financial contribution.

once again, if you can make it to the event, great, pls do so. If you can't make it to the event, pls. contribute in some way, at least financially.

We have more than 50K members and we are struggling to reach $50,000. What a pathetic scenario. Just wait till a handful of the racist, anti-immigrant xenophobes get ready and want to fight against provisions that will get you your legal GC. You will see millions being collected from just these handful of people.

Come on people. There are a lot of you who are just lurking in the forums and seeing if you can get your GC from others' efforts. For those of you in this boat, shame on you.

Now don't give yourself any idiotic excuses about why you are not contributing to this event. If you don't contribute in any way to this event, you are to blame for all your sufferings.

Just plain whining, bickering among fellow members or being petty will not move you any closer to GC.

If you don't contribute in any way for this event (by attending, donating airmiles, providing accomodation or in any other way that you can), or don't contribute just $50 or $100 financial donation that will help get you your freedom, what in the world will you do to get your GC? This is beyond laziness and beyond selfishness.

If you are on the fence, please indicate your commitment in respective threads as soon as possible. This will help the core team to plan better. You will thank yourself later. Please help yourself get your GC faster.

Imagine the power of 50000 active members. We would be able to get our issues noticed a lot faster and get a solution to the problems quickly.

Please donate. I did not mean to offend anyone, was just pissed off at our current state of affairs.

Please contribute in any way and make this event a huge success. Do this for yourself and your family. Are you and your family not worth it?

Great Post

eastindia
02-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Great Post

So are you going to contribute now?

Just saying great post is of no value.

sukhwinderd
02-14-2011, 12:50 PM
still we can accumulate $100,000 - $250,000 @50,000 members.
c'mon guys $2, this is the least we can do. cost to file EAD/APs at current rate is
nearly $1500 for 2 years for 2 people (used to be $1500 for 1 year, without IVs effort).
and a large number of us will need atleast 5 renewals.

checks can be mailed to

Immigration Voice
3561 Homestead Rd #375,
Santa Clara, CA 95051

i will match 50 donations of $2.

neil.0505
02-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Gtla

PHANI_TAVVALA
02-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Thanks for letting us know. Donated some amount ($50). I wish I could have attended in person but will be out of the country starting March 25th.

mk26
02-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Is it possible to reach out to those 50000 memebrs by phone or email and ask everyone to donate atleast $2. there may be members not frequent in visiting IV forum to read these..any suggestion?

forever_waiting
02-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Very well said.
The hallmark of our community is (with a few exceptions) to be completely indifferent about the EB immigration issue until they face a problem which is when they post an "Urgent" query on these forums.
We always assume that there are hundreds of others to do the job...so why should I care? There are about a 100 people viewing this thread right now...most will agree with the original post but will go away thinking the "others" will act and make the situation right.

We need to change this attitude.
Most of the IV-Core members have already got their GCs and are still working for this cause on a day-to-day basis. The LEAST we can do is ACT, CONTRIBUTE, PARTICIPATE and help them out.

And before I get questioned, let me make it clear that I have contributed to IV and also booked travel/accomodation to be in DC from April 3rd-6th.
Lets get this going.

hello
02-14-2011, 01:45 PM
Good Post

sukhwinderd
02-14-2011, 01:50 PM
email seems to be viable option if senior/founding members approve. we dont want
to be labeled as organization who sends spam.

i am hopeful people wont mind $2/$5 contributions if we can spread the
idea accross 50,000 members.

1. members can setup online bill pay to a person. Bank of America allows payments to be made to anyone, dont know the minimum amount, dont know if other banks offer same functionality.

2. even nice would be to contribute small amounts monthly, so that IV has some money for lobbying effort.

but for this to be successful all of us has to contribute.

subho
02-14-2011, 02:04 PM
I have just donated $50 via paypal.

Transaction ID: 4DV82205KJ1236646

Hopeful567
02-14-2011, 02:15 PM
I contributed 50$ for this event. This is in addition to my monthly recurring contribution.

Folks-This is a very small price to pay to make the lawmakers in this country see some reason to ensure that the GC logjams get removed and this country continues to attract the best and brightest. Otherwise, I even shudder to think of future of the next generation of people here.

The broken process on legal immigration has at least as much to do with this country's future as with our individual GC cases.

Is there a way we can rope in other organizations like CompeteforAmerica etc into this effort ?

princeusa2006
02-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Paid $50 by paypal

tonyHK12
02-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Great advice Cleopatra!
thank you subho, hopeful567, princeusa2006 for your donation. Can you also post the amounts on the thread below, which we use for accounting:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1904554-action-item-advocacy-day-contributions-6.html#post2356773

indigo10
02-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Donated 50$ through Paypal. Updated the other thread with the transaction details.

Transaction ID for this payment is: 1D504889D3935344T.

cleopatra
02-14-2011, 03:11 PM
I am glad to see people contributing after reading this thread. I am sure you were on the fence and would have contributed eventually anyway. Thanks for helping yourself, your family and this community.

If you are reading this and thinking this is just another thread and you have no plans of contributing for this event, I have no words to describe your foolishness.

You are not doing anyone a favor by contributing or donating for this event. You are just helping yourself and your family. Do you feel you are helping someone or doing a favor when you do something for your family , say buy food for them? In the same way, help yourself and your family achieve freedom faster and live your dreams by getting a fix for your problem. How long do you want to be in this limbo?

Heck, I am NOT being selfless here. I am selfish too about my GC and I want to get greened faster, which is why I have a recurring monthly contribution and also donated for this event.

I am not asking you to do an altruistic act. I am just asking you not to be stupid and give yourself any idiotic excuses for not contributing.

Be selfish, help yourself and your family. Contribute.

PrinceVA
02-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Want to donate 50$ more but I dont see option for donating 50$ one time.

I will email my checks soon.

Thank you and keep up the good work and All the best to ALL of us. :)

PrinceVA
02-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Hey, Why my status is Junior Member yet? Not a donor? Any charges for that :) ?

gk_2000
02-14-2011, 04:10 PM
email seems to be viable option if senior/founding members approve. we dont want
to be labeled as organization who sends spam.

i am hopeful people wont mind $2/$5 contributions if we can spread the
idea accross 50,000 members.

1. members can setup online bill pay to a person. Bank of America allows payments to be made to anyone, dont know the minimum amount, dont know if other banks offer same functionality.

2. even nice would be to contribute small amounts monthly, so that IV has some money for lobbying effort.

but for this to be successful all of us has to contribute.

Why so concerned about being named as spam? If anyone doesn't want the emails let them close their account. Is this labeling more important than getting the work done? Just my .02
As for emails, we do get lots of emails from IV, just if we participate in forum. And AFAIK there is no way to stop those. Just saying, because there is a little inconsistency in the policy

PrinceVA
02-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 58X110357B795622J).

All the best.... to All of us.

indigokiwi
02-14-2011, 06:06 PM
I am glad to see people contributing after reading this thread. I am sure you were on the fence and would have contributed eventually anyway. Thanks for helping yourself, your family and this community.

If you are reading this and thinking this is just another thread and you have no plans of contributing for this event, I have no words to describe your foolishness.

You are not doing anyone a favor by contributing or donating for this event. You are just helping yourself and your family. Do you feel you are helping someone or doing a favor when you do something for your family , say buy food for them? In the same way, help yourself and your family achieve freedom faster and live your dreams by getting a fix for your problem. How long do you want to be in this limbo?

Heck, I am NOT being selfless here. I am selfish too about my GC and I want to get greened faster, which is why I have a recurring monthly contribution and also donated for this event.

I am not asking you to do an altruistic act. I am just asking you not to be stupid and give yourself any idiotic excuses for not contributing.

Be selfish, help yourself and your family. Contribute.

When I went to the advocacy day contributions thread today to look at the progress, I noticed a lot of contributions today. This thread might have helped with that :) Strong language, but good work :) Keep posting!

keerthisagar
02-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Why so concerned about being named as spam? If anyone doesn't want the emails let them close their account.
Don't you think that by spaming, IV's name will be tarnished? What good will it be? Short term thinking will never solve anything, its more likely to complicate matters.

Is this labeling more important than getting the work done? Just my .02
Isn't donating to your(not literally you) own cause worthwhile? Don't you believe the contribution will actually help in getting the work done?

As for emails, we do get lots of emails from IV, just if we participate in forum. And AFAIK there is no way to stop those.
Really? How many emails have you gotten from IV in the past 3 months?

Just saying, because there is a little inconsistency in the policy
What policy are you talking about?

Personally, I have not received any email from IV unnecessarily. And that says a lot about the organization!

Before you question me, I have donated to the DC event and also have registered to attend the event.

Whether the contribution is $2 or $200 - it is the "will" of the member. If people believe the cause will help, then people should donate what they can, when they can. Why make a big deal? It is unlikely that members will participate in large numbers just because it is $2. Infact, human nature is such that a member planning on donating $100, will now donate $2 because that is what is being called for. Admins can correct me if I am wrong, but such efforts will actually bring in less funds!

Just the flip side of the .02c

gk_2000
02-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Why so concerned about being named as spam? If anyone doesn't want the emails let them close their account. Is this labeling more important than getting the work done? Just my .02
As for emails, we do get lots of emails from IV, just if we participate in forum. And AFAIK there is no way to stop those. Just saying, because there is a little inconsistency in the policy

Personally, I have not received any email from IV unnecessarily. And that says a lot about the organization!

I am talking about the "notification mail" from IV when someone posts to the thread on which you have posted. Not that I consider them spam, because spam is when you get emails from people you dont know and have no contact with, in other words "unsolicited". In our case, being an IV member allows IV admin to send notifications and action alerts directly to email addresses. So, I suggest to IV not to paint yourselves in a corner unnecessarily on this non-issue

Before you question me, I have donated to the DC event and also have registered to attend the event.

I try to accommodate all valid discussions my friend. And I don't care anyone gave money etc or not. If I feel someone has a point, I will agree, or else say I don't agree and offer the reason if applicable

Whether the contribution is $2 or $200 - it is the "will" of the member. If people believe the cause will help, then people should donate what they can, when they can. Why make a big deal? It is unlikely that members will participate in large numbers just because it is $2. Infact, human nature is such that a member planning on donating $100, will now donate $2 because that is what is being called for. Admins can correct me if I am wrong, but such efforts will actually bring in less funds!

Regarding this, in my own case, if a charity asks me for $2 in a cause I consider worthy, I would come up with $10. IMO it is hard to sit and predict what will happen. An actual exercise might be worth it

gk_2000
02-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Another couple of points to the above:

- Mailing people asking for money is not an "unnecessary" email. Barack Obama does it. Everyone does it. In fact, they have always done it. Provided, the person has voluntarily agreed to receive emails, there is no harm

- Unless you ASK for money, you are NOT going to get it. So prepare inspirational emails, and start ASKING. You may be surprised.

- There are many more examples I could quote (just ask me for it). In fact, so numerous that you could just take it for granted, soliciting donations via email to members of your group, is NOT spam.

tonyHK12
02-14-2011, 09:45 PM
I am talking about the "notification mail" from IV when someone posts to the thread on which you have posted.t

It looks like you have automatically turned on subscriptions. Whenever you post a message/reply, scroll down below the edit pane and submit button. You will see "Additional options" where you can stop subscribing and email notifications. You can see the list in your profile since you probably already have subscribed to many.

gk_2000
02-14-2011, 09:47 PM
It looks like you have automatically turned on subscriptions. Whenever you post a message/reply, scroll down below the edit pane and submit button. You will see "Additional options" where you can stop subscribing and email notifications. You can see the list in your profile since you probably already have subscribed to many.

Thanks. I was just too lazy to find out about that.

But the mails from IV don't bother me so much. Maybe I will turn it off some other time :)

actaccord
02-14-2011, 10:02 PM
the idea of sending one email about the advocacy event and different ways to contribute and participate.

I can safely assume 80% (unsafe bet 95%) of members are inactive or not bothered to check the forum regularly. We could wake up at least 50% of inactive members and get some reasonable response.

I do agree frequent emails will turn off people from this forum but once in a year should be fine.

keerthisagar
02-14-2011, 10:44 PM
Another couple of points to the above:

- Mailing people asking for money is not an "unnecessary" email. Barack Obama does it. Everyone does it. In fact, they have always done it. Provided, the person has voluntarily agreed to receive emails, there is no harm

- Unless you ASK for money, you are NOT going to get it. So prepare inspirational emails, and start ASKING. You may be surprised.

- There are many more examples I could quote (just ask me for it). In fact, so numerous that you could just take it for granted, soliciting donations via email to members of your group, is NOT spam.

Tony answered about turning of the option of subscribing to the thread. Since you have subscribed for it, technically IV is not sending you the email. But since you do not have a problem with it, lets leave it at that!

You are absolutely right! I receive a lot of emails (and I have signed up for it) from Obama - seeking donations for many things. I have donated to the campaign twice, but not for every email I receive. Infact, I don't open many of them either. (Yes, it is not right, but that is the truth!)

Second of all, who is stopping any one from sending money of any denomination?

Any mass email sent to members (that is the only option - as it is impossible to send email out to 50,000 members in small batches) will automatically go into junk mail! Many members give incorrect emails or accounts that are not checked often. If members are not visiting the IV webpage, it is unlikely that they will contribute either. Again, just my opinion.

An actual exercise might be worth it
Advocacy Days in DC 2011 is an actual exercise that is worth it :)

sac-r-ten
02-15-2011, 09:30 AM
Why there isn't an option to contribute less than $50? I am leaving this country because of my pathetic visa situation, but still want to contribute for this community before leaving. But want it to be less than $50. How do i?

PS: Few years back there was an option for $25 as well, had contributed at that time.

thanks.

eastindia
02-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Why there isn't an option to contribute less than $50? I am leaving this country because of my pathetic visa situation, but still want to contribute for this community before leaving. But want it to be less than $50. How do i?

PS: Few years back there was an option for $25 as well, had contributed at that time.

thanks.

You can send a check too

CRAZYMONK
02-15-2011, 09:54 AM
Donated $100 by paypal

cleopatra
02-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Sorry to see you leave. Thanks for your contribution. You can send in a check for the amount if you don't see any option to contribute the amount you want to.

If you are still reading this with no plans to contribute should be ashamed of yourself. Here is a person leaving the country and still contributing to the cause from which he is not going to benefit in any way.

On the other hand, you are not ready to do anything to change your situation. If you are content that you have EAD or AP and are happy to wait for your GC, you are at the height of your ignorance. If you continue to do this, you will think back and rue this indifference.

A few years back, there was lot of sympathy for undocumented, now due to various reasons, it has reduced dramatically or people have at least become indifferent. It will not take much for the situation to change for you too. Unless you have GC on hand, you are still vulnerable.

Think of it as a last chance for the next 2 years. If we don't get something done this year, you can kiss your GC goodbye for another 2 years.

Realize the seriousness of the situation and help yourself. Like I mentioned before you are not doing anyone a favor, you are just helping yourself by contributing for this event.

Get out of your comfort zone and contribute. You will thank yourself later thinking back to this moment.

Only idiots will keep doing what they do and expect different results. You have been quiet long enough with no end in sight. Shed your laziness/indifference/ignorance and contribute to get yourself out of this limbo.

Contribute NOW.

Michael chertoff
02-15-2011, 10:51 AM
So are you going to contribute now?

Just saying great post is of no value.

Sure sir, I will do what ever I can.

Thanks.

MC

StarSun
02-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Members,
Thank you for your contributions and IV appreciates your donations. However, contributions alone will not solve the problem. We need members to participate in the DC event. We need informed members meeting with staff members/lawmakers and seek legislative relief this year for high skilled legal immigrants.

Advocacy event will be the best thing you can do this year for faster GCs.

amitjoey
02-15-2011, 11:44 AM
Sorry to see you leave. Thanks for your contribution. You can send in a check for the amount if you don't see any option to contribute the amount you want to.

If you are still reading this with no plans to contribute should be ashamed of yourself. Here is a person leaving the country and still contributing to the cause from which he is not going to benefit in any way.

On the other hand, you are not ready to do anything to change your situation. If you are content that you have EAD or AP and are happy to wait for your GC, you are at the height of your ignorance. If you continue to do this, you will think back and rue this indifference.

A few years back, there was lot of sympathy for undocumented, now due to various reasons, it has reduced dramatically or people have at least become indifferent. It will not take much for the situation to change for you too. Unless you have GC on hand, you are still vulnerable.

Think of it as a last chance for the next 2 years. If we don't get something done this year, you can kiss your GC goodbye for another 2 years.

Realize the seriousness of the situation and help yourself. Like I mentioned before you are not doing anyone a favor, you are just helping yourself by contributing for this event.

Get out of your comfort zone and contribute. You will thank yourself later thinking back to this moment.

Only idiots will keep doing what they do and expect different results. You have been quiet long enough with no end in sight. Shed your laziness/indifference/ignorance and contribute to get yourself out of this limbo.

Contribute NOW.

good post. Agree. This will be the only chance untill 2013.

indigo10
02-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Click on the below link and it will give you option to donate 50$ one time:
Immigration Voice - PayPal Donate (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/misc.php?do=donate)

Want to donate 50$ more but I dont see option for donating 50$ one time.

I will email my checks soon.

Thank you and keep up the good work and All the best to ALL of us. :)

j_bhardwaj@yahoo.com
02-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Just contributed $50 ..proudly supported 2010 event in DC by donating for Airfare for someone and hotel room for 3 day

j_bhardwaj@yahoo.com
02-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Please contribute to the cause in terms of money , time or both..I am one of the many benefactors of March 2007 drive which helped me get EAD.

gk_2000
02-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Any mass email sent to members (that is the only option - as it is impossible to send email out to 50,000 members in small batches) will automatically go into junk mail! Many members give incorrect emails or accounts that are not checked often. If members are not visiting the IV webpage, it is unlikely that they will contribute either. Again, just my opinion.
Advocacy Days in DC 2011 is an actual exercise that is worth it :)

These opinions are just opinions. I say, just let the computer handle the grunt work and send out the emails, even making it batch by batch if necessary (though I don't see why). After all, one doesn't have to work with snail mail (sticking envelope, stamp, address etc) for that

Let the mails bounce, or whatever. As for automatically going to junk mail, I believe most people do check their junk mails too, so a good subject line might be what it takes for many to open it. If you keep positive mindset, things can happen.

And as for Advocacy day, isn't this fund collection for advocacy day? What can you do without funds? Put in your own? Come on! I for one, don't feel that rich :)

ardnahc
02-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Great post by Cleopatra!

Since I am unable to help in other ways, I donated $25. Thanks

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # *****************)
Business Name: Immigration Voice (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Email: donations@immigrationvoice.org

salshaik
02-15-2011, 06:20 PM
Contributed $100

tonyHK12
02-15-2011, 07:26 PM
thanks j_bhardwaj@yahoo.com, ardnahc and salshaik for your contributions

mk26
02-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Why IV does not have option to accept less than $50 using online payment (Paypal, visa, master etc..) any specific reason ? Just wondering people might want to donate less then $50 using online payment.There are lazy people in the world who does not want to write a check and drive to USPS to post :)

cleopatra
02-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Why IV does not have option to accept less than $50 using online payment (Paypal, visa, master etc..) any specific reason ? Just wondering people might want to donate less then $50 using online payment.There are lazy people in the world who does not want to write a check and drive to USPS to post :)

While I understand your concern and where you are coming from, I think if someone thinks this is an excuse for not contributing, it is one of the most idiotic excuses ever. It is not laziness that we are talking about here. It is sheer stupidity.

For those of you who still have not contributed:

Come on, I am sure you can contribute at least $50. Regular donors who realize the importance of advocacy have already contributed. Others who realized later are also contributing. So the only ones left out are those that are on the fence and the tirekickers who shamelessly want to see if they can benefit from others' efforts.

What you don't realize is if we do not have the numbers to show for it, our issues will not get noticed and we will not have a solution. By not participating and thinking others will handle everything, you are dooming yourself to be in this limbo for a long time to come.

If we loose this window of opportunity, we probably may not get one for the next 2 years if all. Heck, it might even slip us entirely if extreme right wing gets elected as majority.

With our issues not being noticed, the only issues that will get noticed are those that the undocumented face. I read somewhere that the undocumented lobby spent more than $300 million to get their bills passed. I am not sure if the number is right or not. But regardless, if any high number is true, then this is probably coming from people in the unskilled category.

I have nothing against the undocumented. Supposedly these are people who do not have the skills to come in through legal means. But it seems they understand the system better than you do. It is your sheer indifference and laziness that is keeping you in this situation.

We have one last chance for the next 2 years. If we can get 50K members active just for a few months this year, we can get our issues noticed and may even get a solution to them.

Lets hope the light dawns on you if you think others will take care of everything and you don't have to participate. Only if you participate, you will get what you are looking for.

Participate and contribute.

desigirl
02-16-2011, 10:13 AM
I will get reds for saying this............

but the fact of the matter is ...............

members in this forum would like to waste time on such threads such as - what if each state was a country in India - and suddenly remember that they are billed by the hour when they have to take time off to participate in the DC event!

imh1b
02-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Cleopatra. Good posts.

Your name is very enticing and glamorous. You should also add an Avatar in your profile. Seems your thread is having an impact on people. You should post on other websites too.

PrinceVA
02-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Guys,

Why the amout of donation received doesnt change. I saw it 300$ before I contributed and after that saw many people replied that they have contributed.

Can anyone tell me the reason ? Just wanna know how much we have collected and how much to go ?

tonyHK12
02-16-2011, 09:31 PM
The official tracker thread is at Action item: Advocacy day contributions - Page 9 - Immigration Voice (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=1904554)

We are at $5375 chasing $50,000

Guys,

Why the amout of donation received doesnt change. I saw it 300$ before I contributed and after that saw many people replied that they have contributed.

Can anyone tell me the reason ? Just wanna know how much we have collected and how much to go ?

actaccord
02-16-2011, 09:53 PM
stop using this thread for updating your donations. Please use http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1904554-action-item-advocacy-day-contributions.html.

Don't expect every thread will be updated with current contribution. Please stick to the topic of each thread.

StarSun
02-17-2011, 10:24 AM
Everyone in this forum is waiting for their GC. For many years.

Here is an opportunity to actively change the status-quo.

Does this event come with guarantees? No. Nothing in life ever comes with it.

Hoping the next guy will represent you? The other guy is hoping for the same!

At some point you have to ask yourself the question - IV is working on my behalf, and it is asking for my help. Do I help IV help me or not? You have to take the decision.

cleopatra
02-17-2011, 11:52 AM
Take this opportunity to fix the issues you are facing. Participate in this event, make it a grand success and you will get your GC soon.

What is guaranteed is if you don't participate, the issues will not be fixed for the next few years.

You have a small window of opportunity to get the issues fixed.

Participate and act NOW.

iak1973
02-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Just contributed $50 using paypal
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 24209705S98757631

actaccord
02-17-2011, 12:14 PM
appropriate thread (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1904554-action-item-advocacy-day-contributions.html) to update your contributions...this will help us to update current contributions to everyone in single thread instead of updating every thread.

This thread is not for updating your contributions....

Just contributed $50 using paypal
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 24209705S98757631

sofarsogood
02-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Just donated. Can somebody get me access to donor forum?

Thx

actaccord
02-17-2011, 07:26 PM
to get access...Just donated. Can somebody get me access to donor forum?

Thx

indigokiwi
02-17-2011, 09:55 PM
You mean send a PM to StarSun, not StarRun :)

chanduv23
02-17-2011, 10:04 PM
You mean send a PM to StarSun, not StarRun :)

You want to send the Prime Minister to StarSun :D :D

gk_2000
02-17-2011, 10:13 PM
You want to send the Prime Minister to StarSun :D :D

No, probably the prime minister to starrun and private message to starsun :p

lvinaykumar
02-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Happy to Contributed
50$ : Confirmation Number 0B948946301634843.

Go IV Go

sripk
02-17-2011, 10:35 PM
I really appreciate the efforts of IV to help us all stuck in this GC mess for a long time!!
I contributed $50 and also available to help with any action items for this effort. I know this is a long and painful road to GC and needs lot of patience but i think together we are a strong community! How about using Face book effectively to connect as i bet most of them actively spend time on FB! Do we already have a FB page for IV?

actaccord
02-17-2011, 11:13 PM
corrected my typo...You mean send a PM to StarSun, not StarRun :)

StarSun
02-18-2011, 10:47 AM
I really appreciate the efforts of IV to help us all stuck in this GC mess for a long time!!
I contributed $50 and also available to help with any action items for this effort. I know this is a long and painful road to GC and needs lot of patience but i think together we are a strong community! How about using Face book effectively to connect as i bet most of them actively spend time on FB! Do we already have a FB page for IV?

IV Advocacy on FB (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=197404886938254)

indigokiwi
02-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Happy to Contributed
50$ : Confirmation Number 0B948946301634843.

Go IV Go

Did you post this on the official tracker for Advocacy day contributions? http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1904554-action-item-advocacy-day-contributions.html

tonyHK12
02-19-2011, 02:27 PM
Did you post this on the official tracker for Advocacy day contributions? http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1904554-action-item-advocacy-day-contributions.html

Got him. I'm reading both threads.

indigokiwi
02-21-2011, 01:34 AM
Bumping this thread up...

StarSun
02-21-2011, 10:26 AM
I need members from IN, KY, TN, KS, NE, NV, AZ, NM, AR, OK

tonyHK12
03-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Only 2 weeks to go for Advocacy days 2011
Amount raised = $19,250, target = $50,000

indigokiwi
03-17-2011, 10:02 AM

Bumping this thread up.

jaggu bhai
03-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Very NIce post....

I thought of waiting till last moment and donate...
but It may be too late, as I may forget to do so, or some other emergency requirements...
But reading this thread.....helped me to contribute right away....
:)

ravi98
03-18-2011, 11:32 AM
bumping :)

tonyHK12
03-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Amount raised = $19,450, target = $50,000

Cleopatra said:

"I am referring to people who have no plans of contributing to the advocacy day in any way and not attending either.

Please contribute in any way and make this event a huge success. Do this for yourself and your family. Are you and your family not worth it?"