PDA

View Full Version : Forgot Address Change and RFE sent to old address

upendra
06-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Hi Guys,

I have moved to new place and made a request for mail forward with post office. I didn't change the address @ USCIS. I got an e-mail saying RFE was sent today (6/9/08).

Will the mail be bounced back?has anybody faced this situation?what are my options now?

any help is greatly appreciated...thanks!

bheemi
06-09-2008, 05:07 PM
most of the times USCIS letters will not be forwarded to new address. This is rule at USCIS issued long back(dont remember), that their letters will not be forwarded to any other address. I suggest to talk to local post man and request him to keep at the location so u can go and pick it up.

upendra
06-09-2008, 05:14 PM
thanks Bheemi...how to get hold of local postman? sorry for the stupid question, but I am in kind of panic situation...

jayleno
06-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Hi,

You dont have to get hold of the postman. You can call the nearest post office and find out the location of your mail and try that way. May be you will get access to the mail by showing proper ID.

talash
06-09-2008, 05:37 PM
here is what i think may be done .
change address online to old address NOW .call the old post office (WITH OLD ADDRESS) and ask them to hold ur mail .They can hold all ur mail for max of one month .when ever u have a chance go to post office at old location and pick up ur mail .After u see RFE in that mail smile and change ur address online to new address again .Please dont forget to change ur address on all pending application with CIS and fill AR11 in necessary .
Hope this helps .

chantu
06-09-2008, 05:39 PM
My I140 RFE was sent to old address and it automatically got forwarded to my new address. I filled change of address at USPS. So USPS may forward it to your new address if you already done change of address in USPS.

bestin
06-09-2008, 08:13 PM
My I140 RFE was sent to old address and it automatically got forwarded to my new address. I filled change of address at USPS. So USPS may forward it to your new address if you already done change of address in USPS.

I thought 140 RFE goes to the employer/attorney isn't true?

mallu
06-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Hi Guys,

I have moved to new place and made a request for mail forward with post office. I didn't change the address @ USCIS. I got an e-mail saying RFE was sent today (6/9/08).

Will the mail be bounced back?has anybody faced this situation?what are my options now?

any help is greatly appreciated...thanks!

I had changed my address with USCIS TSC and they confirmed they have new address. Still, those baffoons sent RFE to my previous address. Luckily the post office forwarded it to me.

chantu
06-10-2008, 12:02 AM
I thought 140 RFE goes to the employer/attorney isn't true?

Yes..it is true..but it came to my old address and got forwarded to my new address. You can refer to my previous posts. My employer also was surprised about this. One way it was good for me, because I came to know about my I140 status and now it approved.

senthil
06-10-2008, 11:10 AM
check with your attorney ( if you are representing thru some ). they might get a copy of that rfe too. in my case the attorney got it and i did not. good luck