PDA

View Full Version : On EAD Card Finger Prints not available

newtoh1
07-22-2009, 01:44 PM
I am planning to convert from H1B to EAD.
I went for finger print process in 2007 August.On my EAD card which was issued in Aug 2008,I saw a box saying "Finger Prints not available".Will it be issue to start working on EAD?

ebizash
07-22-2009, 02:50 PM
AFAIK, all EADs issued in 2007 and early to mid 2008 had this statement. I have heard that newer EADs are coming with fingerprints etched into the card.

gccovet
07-22-2009, 02:53 PM
I am planning to convert from H1B to EAD.
I went for finger print process in 2007 August.On my EAD card which was issued in Aug 2008,I saw a box saying "Finger Prints not available".Will it be issue to start working on EAD?

If you went for Paper based EAD renewal, you would not have got a call for picture and fingerprint, if you renewed using e-file you would have got call for both and your EAD would have got FP on it.

It is absolutely okay to use the EAD w/o FP. No issues.

GCCovet

newtoh1
07-23-2009, 06:26 PM
Thanks a lot for quick responses.

1)I went for finger prints in 2007.will it expires by this time or will it be ok?
2)My concern is if it already expired and my priority date become current, I don't want to run for Fingerprints at that time.Instead I want to finish the process now itself.how do I know whether those are expired or not?

roseball
07-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks a lot for quick responses.

1)I went for finger prints in 2007.will it expires by this time or will it be ok?
2)My concern is if it already expired and my priority date become current, I don't want to run for Fingerprints at that time.Instead I want to finish the process now itself.how do I know whether those are expired or not?

I am a July 2007 I-485 filer and my initial EAD application and my last year's EAD renewal were paper based and I did not have FPs on my previous EAD cards. This year (May 2009), I e-filed my EAD renewal and mailed the supporting documents as per the instructions. Instructions clearly mentioned NOT to mail photos, so I DIDNOT mail any photos with the supporting documents. To my surprise, I got my 2 year EAD with my photo and FP on the card which were taken during my I-485 FP appointment in Oct 2007. So I guess my Photo and FPs have been digitally stored and used for issuing EAD. I only went for FP once and never received another FP notice so far and I am hoping I won't since now they have my FPs in their database. My 485 is pending at TSC and my EAD renewal was processed by TSC as well.