PDA

View Full Version : Overstayed last visit, will it affect reentry ?

sadanand
02-09-2011, 01:46 AM
My mom has a 10 yr multiple entry visa to US, she was here last in 2008 & was suppose to leave US in dec 2008, we applied for extension for her before her I 94 expired, but didnt receive any reply from USCIS. she did stay 2 months after the expiry of I 94 & left in feb of 2009 & in march received a reply that her application was denied.
Now she wants to visit us again for 4 months. Will the fact that she stayed 2 months past her initial date on I 94 affect her entry r visa ??
Secondly she doesnt have the previous receips number r the letter of denial , will she need it at the port of entry ?
Is there a way of getting retreiving the receipt number r the latter ??
Thanks a lot in advance. Have been trying to get the answers calling the USCIS since 2 days in vain

sadanand
02-09-2011, 01:48 AM
Hi all ,
still trying to find a way to retrieve the letter of denial from USCIS in vain.
Tried contacting them on phone , email , no use . no definite info available .
Does any one here know if FOIA (freedom of information act) form can be used to retrieve the previous letter of denial for extension of visitors visa ???
PLease please any info is appreciated.

sunny1000
02-09-2011, 02:07 AM
My mom has a 10 yr multiple entry visa to US, she was here last in 2008 & was suppose to leave US in dec 2008, we applied for extension for her before her I 94 expired, but didnt receive any reply from USCIS. she did stay 2 months after the expiry of I 94 & left in feb of 2009 & in march received a reply that her application was denied.
Now she wants to visit us again for 4 months. Will the fact that she stayed 2 months past her initial date on I 94 affect her entry r visa ??
Secondly she doesnt have the previous receips number r the letter of denial , will she need it at the port of entry ?
Is there a way of getting retreiving the receipt number r the latter ??
Thanks a lot in advance. Have been trying to get the answers calling the USCIS since 2 days in vain

Your mom did not break any rules. Her extension application was applied in a timely manner and was pending when she departed the U.S. So, she should be ok.

It is advisable to carry the copy of the old I-94, the copy of the extension application/receipt and a copy of airlines ticket/boarding pass to show departure date etc., to show timeline, in case the officer asks for it. But, I don't know if it is required as they may have everything on the computer.