PDA

View Full Version : July 2007 Filer, Still waiting for FP notice? Anyone else?

gopalaj
05-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Filed case in July 2007, did not received FP notice yet? Anyone Else? Any suggestion? My wife received her FP notice ( she filed as a beneficary applicant)....Any Suggestion...Tried 3-4 time calling USCIS, Info pass...no news.

saketkapur
05-23-2008, 02:03 PM
opened 2 SRs so far.....got a notice saying wait for another 60 days....

Michigan123
05-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Filed in July 2007 . No Fp for myself and dependent.

Mount Soche
05-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Have created 3 SRs.
Last one says that it's pending background check and to wait at least 6 months.
Tired of calling - will wait since my PR (April 2006) is not current yet.

mhtanim
05-23-2008, 02:30 PM
No FP for me yet... don't care either as my PD is not current. If my PD was current, I would start making phone calls.

Aah_GC
05-23-2008, 02:32 PM
Same boat.

Spouse and I haven't recieved our FP yet. Called USCIS as recently as yesterday - "You just have to wait Sir" has been a constant reply.

Hope this is not too serious guys - what do you think? ( I saw some one getting their GC without ever doing their FP)

Humhongekamyab
05-23-2008, 03:27 PM
My friend and his wife are in the same boat.

gcformeornot
05-23-2008, 06:42 PM
What are I-140 status of you guys?

hariswaminathan
05-23-2008, 06:57 PM
I got my FP notice almost 3 months after my spouse and that too a month ago. It seems that Background check can take time (if your Birth certificate is not clear or requires additional checks - such as mine which was without my name and simply put as "Boy") they refer the check to the US Consulate in INdia which then goes about trying to track down records (you know how this can be in India). They then report back to USCIS with a clean chit after verification.

That said - this is only my opinion based on my particular case (i took an infopass appointment and found this out). You may want to do the same and not take my case as gospel.

Wish you all the Best and hope you get it soon.

mhtanim
05-23-2008, 08:01 PM
I got my FP notice almost 3 months after my spouse and that too a month ago. It seems that Background check can take time (if your Birth certificate is not clear or requires additional checks - such as mine which was without my name and simply put as "Boy") they refer the check to the US Consulate in INdia which then goes about trying to track down records (you know how this can be in India). They then report back to USCIS with a clean chit after verification.

That said - this is only my opinion based on my particular case (i took an infopass appointment and found this out). You may want to do the same and not take my case as gospel.

Appreciate your input. I feel little differently than what you have mentioned. If you follow the old IV threads, you will find that birth certificates and background checks have nothing do with FP notices. Most of the times, once you apply for I-485, as USCIS generates the receipt notice, somewhere in their system, a FP notice is generated within a few weeks of the receipt notice. I do not think they even go through your file carefully within such a short time period to review your birth certificate nor they do a background check at that stage.

Some people have mentioned that there might be a glitch in USCIS system and because of that some never received their FP notices. I think people whose I-485 got transferred from one service center to another are the majority of cases who did not get their FP notices.

People who have taken Infopass appointments got various responses from IOs. Some were told FP has to come from service centers and local offices cannot do it. Some were told due to background check, some were told due to not availability of appointments, some were told this happened due to the PD is not current etc. Interestingly enough, some actually had success with infopass appointments and got their FP notices.

I have read at least 2 posts where I-485 got approved while they never got FP notices. In both cases, they were told to appear for FP after their I-485 got approved. How USCIS can approve I-485 with someone's FP is beyond my knowledge but it appears this actually happened to few people.

The most canned answer that people have got by calling the service centers is "Your PD is not current so NO FP right now". I have decided (and advised by my law firm) not to waste my time by calling USCIS for FP till my PD becomes current.

Nil
05-24-2008, 02:28 AM
Filed mid July 2007: No FingerPrinting yet. Lawyer says calling USCIS may adversely affect and delay further.

pappu
05-24-2008, 04:17 PM
unbelievable.

What is the status of your EAD and AP applications?

Did you get your AOS receipt notices yet?

nepaliboy
05-24-2008, 04:56 PM
hi i had same problem . i had 3 sr request but didnot work finelly i got infopass and sheduled same day by io and told me i will receive appointment letter for biometrice i got it and had last week but i have not seen any LUD.
i called FBI and they said they send same day to USCIS and called texas service center yesterday they told me they receive it .
Any experience how long it will take to see LUD after biometric because my pd is current and filled july 2nd 2007 ?

Aah_GC
05-24-2008, 05:53 PM
unbelievable.

As far as my case is concerned - I140 approved sometime in early 2007 and received my paper-filed EAD and e-Filed AP. In line to renew them some time very soon.

gopalaj
05-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Guys,

What I am thinking if they start using Unallocated visa number ( around 300K ) and our priorities date become current..what we can do?

anantken
05-27-2008, 02:29 PM
I have also filed in July 07. Received EAD and AP but not FP. Called USCIS and had 2 SRs. One of my friend also has same problem.

My application is supposed to go to NSC, but it was forwarded to TSC. Is this might be the reason for delay? Also my I-140 was approved in 2006.

Few of my friends who filed 140 and 485 concurrently got FP very quick.

apahilaj
05-27-2008, 03:19 PM
Guys,

I would suggest keep calling them atleast once a month. I had to open 2 SRs, make n number of calls, took one infopass just to get the FP notice after almost 7 months of waiting...

rockstart
05-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Do they really check Birth Certificate and all other documents beforesending out FP notice. I thought its just automatically gets triggered based on receipt of your I 485 application. I thought they will check all the documents only when your PD gets current. Till then it will just lie there in files gathering dust.

Michigan123
06-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Still waiting.

mhtanim
06-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Still waiting as well.

irrational
06-19-2008, 10:18 AM
I am in Dallas, TSC Area. The INFOPASS here is a joke, the lady at the window checks my file and just says, you'll have to wait. :). Doesn't even allow me to go in to talk to am IO.

Calling and opening SRs doesn't seem to do anything, except we get a standard reply, the ASC will schedule when there is a slot open :)

So, I just gave up and wait till my PD is current.

-Bipin

Aah_GC
06-19-2008, 10:29 AM
Hi, Am still in the same boat.

I eFiled my EAD and apparently when you go for EAD FP you can ask for 485 FP. I know one person here who was able to get that done.

dba9ioracle
06-19-2008, 11:05 AM
I and my wife had FP done in Oct 07. but we did not get EADs so far. We got a letter in Apr 08 asking to wait for 6 more months before contacting them again. 140 was approved in Jun 07.

small2006
06-19-2008, 11:10 AM
My wife and I are in the same boat. Filed July 2007 and 2 SRs later we are still waiting. We both have our EADs and APs though. The last time I called was about 2 months ago. Haven't called since. Makes my blood boil just to hear the same excuse. Why can't they just do their job?:mad:

snhn
06-19-2008, 11:53 AM
I have had my finger prints done. However my friend here at work has not has his finger prints done yet. He is a July filer. The strangest thing though is this. Our HR contacted USCIS, and they were told theat name check is already cleared. How is that possible when no finger prints were given.

so i background and name check are 2 different things. Whic takes longer to complete. I ask because, now I am wondering if name check is cleared and what if there is a hold on background check.

I am EB3 world Aug 2005 PD and RD for 485 in TSC is Aug 8, 2007. So I still have a few more months before they eve get to my file.

md_jul_03
06-19-2008, 11:55 AM
My wife and I are still waiting to get our FP done.

I have had my finger prints done. However my friend here at work has not has his finger prints done yet. He is a July filer. The strangest thing though is this. Our HR contacted USCIS, and they were told theat name check is already cleared. How is that possible when no finger prints were given.

so i background and name check are 2 different things. Whic takes longer to complete. I ask because, now I am wondering if name check is cleared and what if there is a hold on background check.

I am EB3 world Aug 2005 PD and RD for 485 in TSC is Aug 8, 2007. So I still have a few more months before they eve get to my file.

bestofall
06-19-2008, 12:36 PM
we are July 2 filer , TSC
EAD AP received in Sep 2007
Even We renewed EAD in May 2008 , got EAD Card production email 2 days ago.
No FP for both of us till now :(
Called USCIS couple of times .. no result
One time the I/O at TSC told me that they directed loacal ASC to schedule FP for us , so they have to do as per dates availability .....

still waiting

PD : Mar 2005 EB2 INDIA
485 Applied: July 2 2007
140 : Approved April 2007

chem2
06-19-2008, 01:48 PM
guys, until yesterday, i was in the same boat as all of you.
i-140/485/131/765 concurrently filed with tsc in Aug 2007. recd receipt notices, ead and ap without any problems in oct and nov 2007, but no fingerprint notices. called uscis couple of times (didn't open any sr's though), got standard response- application is under review, you'll be sent notices as part of the review process, don't ask when.
asked lawyer why no biometrics and he said that a lot of their clients have not recd theirs, but they were starting to see some come through (this was back in feb 2008). i also asked lawyer if it was advisable to contact local congressman/ senator for help and he advised against it, apparently if your file is with an io and your congressman/ senator sends a query, uscis has a limited amount of time to respond and the file is typically pulled from the io (don't know if i believe this, but that was the line i was fed).

finally got fed up and contacted local congressman's office; no help there either, got canned response from tsc- we recd x million applications last july and august and are trying to work through them.
then last month, i asked my senator's office to find out what was going on. this time i got a reponse back from tsc saying that they would send out notices shortly, if they hadn't done so. lo and behold, a week after receiving the tsc response from my senator's office, both my spouse and i recd fingerprint notices, which we completed yesterday.

Nil
06-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Mid July filer myself and spouse.
EAD renewed already, AP approved last year.
No Fingerprinting yet. Lawyer says calling USCIS may adversely affect the case.
Pls can someone clarify if there is no FP, will it stop issuance of GC or the new rule - if I485 pending for 6 mths will apply and it will not affect GC issuance?

GCapplicant
06-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Waiting for our AP still...called them ...the IO said we have to wait and they know its active??.Applied July
They have approved for our 5 yr old son two months back in Apr..Not for the adults.

Aah_GC
06-19-2008, 05:23 PM
My lawyer tells me that not receiving FP notice is not a big deal as one would have to renew it every year anyway. Not sure how accurate that is - but hopefully we are all cool here with no FP done so far. It's going to be one year.

Michigan123
06-19-2008, 06:08 PM
No fp yet:p:p:p
After some time :confused:
then may be I will :D

sunitharay
06-19-2008, 11:56 PM
I am a July 2007 filer (and my PD is now current on EB2) - my family and I never received our FP notices. So, we went to the nearest FP facility and requested the officer there if we can get it done. First they said to go to Infopass. Then, after I requested again, he made a quick phone call and asked us to get them done right then and there! So, give it a shot and go to your nearest FP center.

EB3_SEP04
06-29-2008, 05:26 PM
unbelievable.

Hello experts,
I'm a july fiiler and received my EAD/AP in sep 07, i'm now applying for EAD/AP renewal but have not recieved FP notice yet. Was checking if anyone in the same boat and found this thread, feels better :)

Does the FP notice go to lawyer's address?

I changed employer and moved from NJ to MA 6 months ago, but have not informed USCIS about employer/address change. Neither have filed G28, my prev employers attorney is still the representative and i haven't agreed to retain their services. I understand i need to do it ASAP. I have address forwarding, But what communications could i have missed so far? is lawyer bound to contact/forward me for the docs (of course for a fees)?

Thanks.

shantak
06-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Hello experts,
I'm a july fiiler and received my EAD/AP in sep 07, i'm now applying for EAD/AP renewal but have not recieved FP notice yet. Was checking if anyone in the same boat and found this thread, feels better :)

I changed employer and moved from NJ to MA 6 months ago, but have not informed USCIS about employer/address change. Neither have filed G28, my prev employers attorney is still the representative and i haven't agreed to retain their services. I understand i need to do it ASAP. I have address forwarding, But what communications could i have missed so far? is lawyer bound to contact/forward me for the docs (of course for a fees)?

Thanks.

Dont worry dude, there are a lot of us here who did not get FP done for I-485. This should have no impact on EAD and FP renewals

mhtanim
06-29-2008, 11:56 PM
Hello experts,

Thanks.

Any non US Citizen needs to notify the USCIS of change of address within 10 days of moving. Please read the following at this site: http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/form_ar11.html

If you have the receipt numbers issued by the USCIS, you should be able to track the status of your application online. I wouldn't rely on the lawyer to forward you anything on a timely manner specially if you are not going to retain him/her.

As far as FP, I am a July filer and have never received my FP Notice. There are many like us who have not received any FP notices so far. Good luck to all of us.

indian111
06-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi ,

Me and my wife applied for 485 in last July 07 but never received fingerprinting . Recently my wife applied for EAd and she did gte the biometrics done but for me ,I am still on H1 and did not receive any FP yet .

140 approved.
PD Mar -2006 EB2

Thanks,
indian111.

Michigan123
07-28-2008, 06:29 PM
No FP July 2007 Filer.
:D:D:D:D
Looks like I will get GC without Bio,FP,Namecheck etc .........:p

mhtanim
07-28-2008, 06:51 PM
No FP July 2007 Filer.
:D:D:D:D
Looks like I will get GC without Bio,FP,Namecheck etc .........:p

Well... I think I remember seeing one person who claimed to have got his GC without FP and he was later asked to do FP. I don't know if that was true or not.

Anyway, I am a July 2007 filer. My application was filed at NSC but got transferred to CSC. Later it got transferred back to NSC. I didn't receive FP notice till the second week of July 2008. I never made any service requests for FP.

I applied for EAD and AP renewal in May 2008 and don't know if that had to do anything with the FP notice.

When I asked my lawyer in the past what I do should do as I have not received my FP notice, my lawyer told me something like "Don't worry about your FP. The USCIS knows that you have to do your FP and will send you notice when it's needed".

Good luck to you guys who are still waiting.

saketkapur
07-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Hi
I am in the same boat....opened last SR 2 weeks back. Since my PD is not current I guess I will just keep opening SRs.....will take an infopass if they are still not done and PD is current.
Any suggestions?
regards
Saket

irrational
07-29-2008, 11:09 AM
My PD is current and still waiting!.. :confused:

I have opened about 4 SRs and it didn't help!

Waiting for now !!

StuckInTheMuck
07-29-2008, 11:37 AM
I am looking into this thread for the first time, and would like to share my experience (I wrote about it on other EAD-related threads). I am a July 2 ('07) filer too, and was waiting for over 11 months for the FP notice (never called for the useless SR), when my EAD renewal came up. I deliberately e-filed that renewal to get the FP notice for EAD (paper-filing EAD renewal does not require FP). I took a copy of my I485 receipt notice while visiting the local ASC office, and told them about my long wait for the other FP. They readily took both FPs (code-3, combining code-1 for I485 FP and code-2 for EAD FP), and also told me I should have taken infopass after waiting only 2-3 months for the I485 FP notice.

shankar_thanu
07-29-2008, 11:58 AM
I had the same issue, I applied in July, got the EAD, AP without delays, but didnt get FP notices. This was exact same scenario with a co-worker and his wife. Our lawyer had sent all our applications (4 in total) in the same package. After 2 Service requests, we finally got an infopass and went to get more info..

After some initial confusion, we were given an explanation saying, we all had attached a picture along with the EAD application, and that somehow screwed up the workflow in CIS. They used the pictures and issued EADs and if we hadn't attached the pictures, they would have called for FP, taken the picture at that time and issued EAD. Honestly I thought it was a load of crap, but my colleague went the next day with his wife, they gave the same explanation.

Anyway, we got an appointment for FP, they can issue appointments for FP when you go with an infopass.

This was in the Washington,DC office in Fairfax.

far_from_gc
10-20-2008, 05:05 PM
I haven't received mine. I am on my 4th SR. I have to wait 45 days before I can take an infopass appointment.

saketkapur
10-20-2008, 08:07 PM
I went through a similar situation with TSC...opened 4 SRs....finally got tired and took an infopass....got the appt for next day(they create a temporary notice).....I did my FP on 8/20/08 more than a yr after the filings. The online system showed an LUD the very same day......

I would suggest taking an infopass....worked for me

regards
Saket

saketkapur
10-20-2008, 08:08 PM
I haven't received mine. I am on my 4th SR. I have to wait 45 days before I can take an infopass appointment.

I did not wait for the 45 days from the 4th one...used the 3rd one to register for infopass online.........

drak70
10-20-2008, 08:18 PM
I efiled on July 27,2007 . 485 went on TSC-WAC-TSC tour.I recieved my FP notice on 1st Oct 2008 for code-3 appt date of 15the Oct.
I didnot file any SR or infopass

What triggered it, Maybe its
1) I entered on Advance parole on 1st Oct 2008
2) It was 15 months after filing( the life of present FP
3) Maybe they actually started working on my file

far_from_gc
10-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Yesterday we received my daughter's FP notice. Three of us are still waitting. Is it normal?

jayakesh
10-24-2008, 05:29 PM
Me too , July filer and not yet got FP. Called USCIS 2-3 times and 1 infopass appointment, nothing happened yet. My date was also current in Sep'08

mhtanim
10-24-2008, 09:31 PM
I am a July 2007 filer as well. Mine is NSC-CSC-NSC case. After waiting for a long time, received FP notice in mid July 2008. No service requests were made.

The FP notice came after I filed for EAD and AP renewal. Do not know if it was just a coincidence.

alisa
10-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Yesterday we received my daughter's FP notice. Three of us are still waitting. Is it normal?

You are dealing with USCIS here. Everything is normal.

soulat
10-28-2008, 02:54 PM
Hello all,

My 485 was filed in August '07 and I received my EAD and AP within 2 months and 4 months respectively. My FP notice never came. So I called the USCIS and spoke with an officer at the TSC and she said that she'd request that my biometrics be scheduled. This conversation took place in June. They said that I'd be hearing from them in 45 days. So after not hearing anything for 45 days I called USCIS again. The immigration officer I spoke with this time said that she had no way of knowing if a request had been made in June and that the only thing she could do was to re-request it. She did that and thank God, I received an appointment notice yesterday in the mail (Oct. 27th).

I don't know if any of the calls helped but there's no harm in calling them and make the appointment requests. In case you want to know how to speak with an immigration officer at your respective USCIS service center, use the instructions listed below; these were obtained from a forum within Immigration Voice (link included at the bottom). USCIS has changed the phone menu options somewhat recently and so these steps have been updated for the new menu options. Hope this helps.

Best wishes!

===========================================

How To Reach the Service Centers (TSC and NSC)

All,

This question is asked at least once a day -- so I'm posting this and asking the moderators to make this a sticky (and perhaps remove some of the older outdated stickies?)

I'll use TSC as an example, if you enter a NSC receipt number you'll end up at NSC (TSC receipt numbers start with SRC, I think NSC receipt numbers start with LIN)

Call 1-800-375-5283

Press 1 to select English

Press 2

Press 1

Now enter your receipt number SRCxxxxxxxxxx

Voice asks if SRC press 1

Then reads out application number, if correct, press 1 (now listen to the case update info..blah blah)

Part way through the blah blah press 3

Wait a moment and press 4

(now if you hear a male voice telling you that no IO is available, it will redirect it to National Customer Service Center (NCSC) you can cut the phone.. and try the same steps)

You should hear "You have reached the TSC of USCIS…" OTHERWISE you have been bounced to NCSC. NCSC only sees what you see when you login to check case status at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp i.e. you will not get any useful information out of them.

Once you get an IO, be very polite, and take notes for your records. Ask them for their badge number. That way you can reference each conversation by date and the badge number of the IO.

Edit to add: I recommend that people ask the IO to search by A #. One of the IOs told me this when I asked her how come she could see all these details about when the namecheck cleared, the movement of my file, when the file request was made etc, whereas it was clear that the screen based on my receipt number didn't show any of this.

Btw, what the IO told me about the exact date when my namecheck cleared etc was confirmed through an independent inquiry by the Ombudsman. So it wasn't made up bs.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18581

soulat
10-28-2008, 07:57 PM
As I mentioned in the post earlier (see above), my biometrics appointment came in yesterday.

I have a quick question for those who have already gotten their biometrics/fingerprinting done; how early should I show up for the appointment? I have been asked to show up at 10 AM. I have heard that normally there's a decent number of people who go to the USCIS on a given day so I just want to make sure that I'm not late for the appointment. Any insights will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

indian111
10-29-2008, 12:28 AM
For some of you who said they received fingerprinting after EAD filing might be the EAD fingerprinting whne efiled .Your 485 biometrics will be code 3 (photo+10 fingers + singature ).

We have filed 485 in July 07 but have not received 485 biometrics.
Opned several SRs , called Nationla Service center, went for 2 infopass appts .
Doono what triggerdedit , but we finally got it in sep 08 .
My wife actually have given her 485 biometrics when she went for her EAD bioemtrics.It doesnt help always but worh trying .

Hello all,

My 485 was filed in August '07 and I received my EAD and AP within 2 months and 4 months respectively. My FP notice never came. So I called the USCIS and spoke with an officer at the TSC and she said that she'd request that my biometrics be scheduled. This conversation took place in June. They said that I'd be hearing from them in 45 days. So after not hearing anything for 45 days I called USCIS again. The immigration officer I spoke with this time said that she had no way of knowing if a request had been made in June and that the only thing she could do was to re-request it. She did that and thank God, I received an appointment notice yesterday in the mail (Oct. 27th).

I don't know if any of the calls helped but there's no harm in calling them and make the appointment requests. In case you want to know how to speak with an immigration officer at your respective USCIS service center, use the instructions listed below; these were obtained from a forum within Immigration Voice (link included at the bottom). USCIS has changed the phone menu options somewhat recently and so these steps have been updated for the new menu options. Hope this helps.

Best wishes!

===========================================

How To Reach the Service Centers (TSC and NSC)

All,

This question is asked at least once a day -- so I'm posting this and asking the moderators to make this a sticky (and perhaps remove some of the older outdated stickies?)

I'll use TSC as an example, if you enter a NSC receipt number you'll end up at NSC (TSC receipt numbers start with SRC, I think NSC receipt numbers start with LIN)

Call 1-800-375-5283

Press 1 to select English

Press 2

Press 1

Now enter your receipt number SRCxxxxxxxxxx

Voice asks if SRC press 1

Then reads out application number, if correct, press 1 (now listen to the case update info..blah blah)

Part way through the blah blah press 3

Wait a moment and press 4

(now if you hear a male voice telling you that no IO is available, it will redirect it to National Customer Service Center (NCSC) you can cut the phone.. and try the same steps)

You should hear "You have reached the TSC of USCIS…" OTHERWISE you have been bounced to NCSC. NCSC only sees what you see when you login to check case status at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp i.e. you will not get any useful information out of them.

Once you get an IO, be very polite, and take notes for your records. Ask them for their badge number. That way you can reference each conversation by date and the badge number of the IO.

Edit to add: I recommend that people ask the IO to search by A #. One of the IOs told me this when I asked her how come she could see all these details about when the namecheck cleared, the movement of my file, when the file request was made etc, whereas it was clear that the screen based on my receipt number didn't show any of this.

Btw, what the IO told me about the exact date when my namecheck cleared etc was confirmed through an independent inquiry by the Ombudsman. So it wasn't made up bs.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18581