PDA

View Full Version : Visiting canada on AP/H4

aniraj
02-03-2011, 03:31 PM
My wife has a valid H4 stamp in her passport till Jun2011 while my daughter has valid H4 but no stamp in her passport. Both are visiting Canada this week end.
My wife wants to re-enter on H4 as she does not have AP & my daughter wants to
re-enter on AP as she does not have stamp in her passport.
Gurus could you see any issue since they are travelling together?
(They are flying not driving)

aniraj
02-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Just for the information & thought would share the experience:
My wife & Daughter visited CAnada: my wife with a valid H4 stamp till Jun 2011 & my daughter with AP since she had no stamp of H4 in her passport (She had a renewed H4 I 539 but did not restamp)
While going we went to the check in counter & asked the lady at check in counter to remove the I-94's
While coming at Toronto airport my wife got the new I-94 stamped till June 2011 at the immigration counter & then she went to secondary inspection room with my daughter for her AP & I-94 stamp. Other thatn an hr of wait everything was normal. The lady at secondary inspection asked my wife if the daughter has unexpired H4 & my wife said no but she has the renewal notice till June 2011 & offered her if she (the officer) would liked to see it but she said no.
Then they had to wait for an hr as there is no token system once you submit yr papers at secondary inspection & they call you in random order near the window again. When both of them were called instead of the initial lady officer there was a guy who actually was very nice & in fact taleked to my daughter about how she liked to live in US & about the recent weather & big snow storm etc.etc & they were through to the gate for boarding!
One interesting thing though is my wife flew united & she printed the boarding passes on line with every information regarding the documents pre entered but the lady on first immigration counter said those were not the correct boarding passes & she had to go again to the check in counter & get the boarding passes again from the check in counter.
So I wonder if it is useful to web check in when you are travelling to Canada & coming back thru US immigration
Rest was all well without any issues.
Thought would help all those who wanted to know.