PDA

View Full Version : Re-Enter USA with Advance Parole expiring in 2 Days


karthikdurai
02-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Hi Everyone,

My AP is valid until JUNE 27 2011, (Here is the line from the I-512L, Presentation of the Original Document prior to June 27 2011 allows a customs and border protection inspector at a port-of-entry to parole the named bearer) I'm travelling to India during May / June and will be entering LAX back on June25. Will this be an issue as my AP is expiring in next couple of days.

Experts please let me know your thoughts on my situation whether it is safe to travel and getting in back will not be of an issue.

Thanks if you can help me out

Regards
Karthik

Michael chertoff
02-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Hi Everyone,

My AP is valid until JUNE 27 2011, (Here is the line from the I-512L, Presentation of the Original Document prior to June 27 2011 allows a customs and border protection inspector at a port-of-entry to parole the named bearer) I'm travelling to India during May / June and will be entering LAX back on June25. Will this be an issue as my AP is expiring in next couple of days.

Experts please let me know your thoughts on my situation whether it is safe to travel and getting in back will not be of an issue.

Thanks if you can help me out

Regards
Karthik

why dont you apply for renewel?

Thanks

MC

sunny1000
02-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Hi Everyone,

My AP is valid until JUNE 27 2011, (Here is the line from the I-512L, Presentation of the Original Document prior to June 27 2011 allows a customs and border protection inspector at a port-of-entry to parole the named bearer) I'm travelling to India during May / June and will be entering LAX back on June25. Will this be an issue as my AP is expiring in next couple of days.

Experts please let me know your thoughts on my situation whether it is safe to travel and getting in back will not be of an issue.

Thanks if you can help me out

Regards
Karthik

Technically, there should not be an issue. But as the other poster suggested, it may be better to extend it since you are still outside the 120 day window for application.

karthikdurai
02-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Thanks MC thats a valid Point.

There are 2 reasons that I thought of for not applying / renewing.

1) I'm not planning on going anywhere after / atleast for a year.

2) My wife's AP filed last year took Six months to get approved and what happens if you fly out while your AP is pending / sent for renewal. I read in this forum, not fly out, while you AP is pending.

Appreciate your time.

Regards
Karthik

karthikdurai
02-02-2011, 01:52 AM
Hi Sunny1000...Thanks for your reply and I have moved down a day and going to get in on Jun24th, that will get me 3 days...Just to be safe. I have read other threads with immig.voice and most of them are saying technically they can get in on last /Final Day of the Validity.

Any body any additions to this...if you can please register your thoughts.

Regards

gmb
02-02-2011, 02:17 AM
2) My wife's AP filed last year took Six months to get approved and what happens if you fly out while your AP is pending / sent for renewal. I read in this forum, not fly out, while you AP is pending.
This is not an issue in your case. It's okay to travel out while your AP application is pending as long as you have a valid current AP. I did this last year after my lawyer confirmed this to me. I also remember seeing a USCIS memo to this effect.

CHHAYA
02-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Hi Everyone,

My AP is valid until JUNE 27 2011, (Here is the line from the I-512L, Presentation of the Original Document prior to June 27 2011 allows a customs and border protection inspector at a port-of-entry to parole the named bearer) I'm travelling to India during May / June and will be entering LAX back on June25. Will this be an issue as my AP is expiring in next couple of days.

Experts please let me know your thoughts on my situation whether it is safe to travel and getting in back will not be of an issue.

Thanks if you can help me out

Regards
Karthik

In 2008 we landed EWR within 5 days of expiring date of AP and no issues. My AP expiration date was 7/20/08 and we landed on 7/15/08 w/o any hassels.

sunny1000
02-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Thanks MC thats a valid Point.

There are 2 reasons that I thought of for not applying / renewing.

1) I'm not planning on going anywhere after / atleast for a year.

2) My wife's AP filed last year took Six months to get approved and what happens if you fly out while your AP is pending / sent for renewal. I read in this forum, not fly out, while you AP is pending.

Appreciate your time.

Regards
Karthik

If I were you, I would still renew the AP and keep it handy as your PD is still a couple of years away before becoming current. There will be no issues with a new AP pending as long as you have an approved AP in hand for the travel.

h1techSlave
02-02-2011, 11:35 AM
we must always have a current and valid AP even if we have no plans of travel.

Last year we were thinking that "1) I'm not planning on going anywhere after / atleast for a year.". Then one of our parents had an accident and we could not go, because there was no valid AP.

I guess, we can not take any chance on AP or EAD. Apply prior to the 120th day of expiry.

Thanks MC thats a valid Point.

There are 2 reasons that I thought of for not applying / renewing.

1) I'm not planning on going anywhere after / atleast for a year.

2) My wife's AP filed last year took Six months to get approved and what happens if you fly out while your AP is pending / sent for renewal. I read in this forum, not fly out, while you AP is pending.

Appreciate your time.

Regards
Karthik

minimalist
02-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Thanks MC thats a valid Point.

There are 2 reasons that I thought of for not applying / renewing.

1) I'm not planning on going anywhere after / atleast for a year.

2) My wife's AP filed last year took Six months to get approved and what happens if you fly out while your AP is pending / sent for renewal. I read in this forum, not fly out, while you AP is pending.

Appreciate your time.

Regards
Karthik

2 is more legitimate reason and people answered that it is not an issue.
For the first one if you are thinking about saving 360$, think if some strikes/riots in India/country you are traveling thru or a weather event similar to the one that stopped flights al over Europe were to happen.
In my opinion , not renewing will be a huge risk. The reward of saving 360$ is not worth it.

manish1905
02-03-2011, 01:47 PM
what if your flight delayed or you fall seek and couldn't travel.I believe it would be a risky move having only 2 days or margin.

MS