PDA

View Full Version : EB2 India: No Movement even possible retrogession

singhsa3
05-11-2008, 09:21 AM
For Information Only:
Based on an IV member's discussions with a high ranking official in DOS
There may be no further movements in EB2 India category for the rest of the year (July onwards till Oct).
Notes:
1. This probably does not affect June Visa bulletien
2. I am aware of this http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/cut_off_dates.html
A retrogression is a possibility.

mariusp
05-11-2008, 10:03 AM
What about the other EB categories?

Based on an IV member's discussions with a high ranking official in USCIS.
There will be no further movement in EB2 India category for the rest of the year.

gc_on_demand
05-11-2008, 10:20 AM
There will be no further movement in EB2 India category for the rest of the year.

Its not a good sign.. No hope for my PD till 2015...

santb1975
05-11-2008, 10:30 AM
IV'ans need to get Active and work to get releif for themselves

greencard_fever
05-11-2008, 11:04 AM

Till when? even there will no movement after the new FY starts? i mean Oct 2008:(

sparta
05-11-2008, 11:55 AM

Does this mean EB2 remains at Jan'04 and not move to Apr'04 as indicated by June bulletin (http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/cut_off_dates.html) at Mumbai consulate?

ski_dude12
05-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Retrogression based on what? Can you provide some more details? Also, what about the June bulletin at Mumbai consulate?

I hope you are not trying to post something to stir everyone up.

PS: Don't give me red dots for voicing my thoughts

docp
05-11-2008, 01:04 PM

Singhsa I think you meant DOS official rather than CIS as DOS decides the VB. Also it seems likely that there should be some movement in india EB2 in July followed by a possible retrogression. The reason being EB1 is still C and according to Murthy article some time ago where Mr. Oppenheimer ( quite possibly the source of the person you mentioned in your post) said that there is not enough demand for EB1 , meaning they will spill over to EB2 india and china. Also spill over from EB2 ROW will be to EB2 india and china ( that is already happening)
All this together means some forward movement for EB2 india and china. Not sure for how long though. However if CIS suddenly becomes efficient than none of this may come true.
MY 2 cents.
Please let me know what you think

zram1977
05-11-2008, 01:52 PM

Knowing the reality,it is the time to wake up and work aggressively.
To my knowledge, a continuous IV Team's campaign (with rotation of team of volunteers) in DC will be the best choice at this moment.

Thanks
Ram

hopefulgc
05-11-2008, 01:55 PM
July marks the beginning of the last quarter and my understanding was that the numbers are released per quarter.

Wonder who is the IV member who did the speaking and who did he speak to? Would he mind coming forward and sharing the details firsthand?

Also, I wonder why are we so narrowly focussed on EB2 India. Whether Eb2 moves or not doesn't really solve the aggravating retrogression faced by a majority of our EB3 India & China brothers.

amsgc
05-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Though this is not what we hoped for, it was pretty much expected. People seem to forget that the USCIS receieved 300K applications to adjust status in July '07 (Note that EB2 ROW was already current). I am surprised it has moved up to June 2004, given that the BEC cleared over 300K applications.

It seems the only reason it has moved to June 2004 is because USCIS is not able to process enough cases (which causes the visa numbers to be available). If you look at , there are plenty of EB2-I in 2003 and earlier who have not got their GCs yet. So even if the PD became current tomorow, there is still a pretty long wait ahead of us.

The only way it will make any difference to our community now is if the bill to recapture visas and remove the country cap passes. Or at the very least, an admin fix that removes the requirement for a job offer in the same occupational classification when the I-485 is adjudicated.

jchan
05-11-2008, 04:05 PM
It's been clarified many times that the '300k' LC from BEC is rumor.

Though this is not what we hoped for, it was pretty much expected. People seem to forget that the USCIS receieved 300K applications to adjust status in July '07 (Note that EB2 ROW was already current). I am surprised it has moved up to June 2004, given that the BEC cleared over 300K applications.

It seems the only reason it has moved to June 2004 is because USCIS is not able to process enough cases (which causes the visa numbers to be available). If you look at , there are plenty of EB2-I in 2003 and earlier who have not got their GCs yet. So even if the PD became current tomorow, there is still a pretty long wait ahead of us.

The only way it will make any difference to our community now is if the bill to recapture visas and remove the country cap passes. Or at the very least, an admin fix that removes the requirement for a job offer in the same occupational classification when the I-485 is adjudicated.

amsgc
05-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Check this out:

http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/eta/eta20071483.htm

A mere 30K approvals in EB2-I is enough to set you back by 10 years.

It's been clarified many times that the '300k' LC from BEC is rumor.

srkamath
05-11-2008, 05:57 PM
If you look at the IV Tracker and painfully count the number of EB2-IN cases, it seems possible that as few as 8000 people might be in line before Oct05 (my PD as an example). Out of all EB2-IN applicants out there, how many do you think have reported on IV / ? My guess was one out of three - i could be wrong.

Just a suggestion - we (IV members) could start contacting our friends / acquaintances and get them to sign up for IV and post their data or at the least we should get their info and add it to the database.

The USCIS / DOS are not transparent enough, but we can forget them and get our own information. I'm pretty sure that such a campaign has been run in the past, maybe we could do it again.

wellwisher02
05-11-2008, 06:21 PM
July marks the beginning of the last quarter and my understanding was that the numbers are released per quarter.

Wonder who is the IV member who did the speaking and who did he speak to? Would he mind coming forward and sharing the details firsthand?

Also, I wonder why are we so narrowly focussed on EB2 India. Whether Eb2 moves or not doesn't really solve the aggravating retrogression faced by a majority of our EB3 India & China brothers.

-----
The message by a senior IV member (with 642 posts) that 'EB2 retrogression is a possibility' is ushering in negative vibes. Message needs to be clearly communicated if an IV member had a conversation with immigration authorities. This 'thread' seems to tie everything into 'knots' as opposed to unravelling the issues via suggestions and proposed action.

singhsa3
05-11-2008, 08:44 PM
I believe it is not applicable to June Visa bulletin but for the rest of the year till Oct

singhsa3
05-11-2008, 08:59 PM
If you are really serious, check with you chapter leader. He needs your help regarding certain bills.

If you look at the IV Tracker and painfully count the number of EB2-IN cases, it seems possible that as few as 8000 people might be in line before Oct05 (my PD as an example). Out of all EB2-IN applicants out there, how many do you think have reported on IV / ? My guess was one out of three - i could be wrong.

Just a suggestion - we (IV members) could start contacting our friends / acquaintances and get them to sign up for IV and post their data or at the least we should get their info and add it to the database.

The USCIS / DOS are not transparent enough, but we can forget them and get our own information. I'm pretty sure that such a campaign has been run in the past, maybe we could do it again.

amsgc
05-11-2008, 09:00 PM
I believe it is not applicable to June Visa bulletin but for the rest of the year till Oct

Thanks for the information. If possible, could you elaborate on what transpired in the discussion? Did the USCIS give out any numbers regarding how many applications were pending in this category before and after June 04?

singhsa3
05-11-2008, 09:07 PM
I don't think it was anything in particular . Some members of IV are in regular touch with the officials. By the way , it is DOS and not USCIS, my bad.
Thanks for the information. If possible, could you elaborate on what transpired in the discussion? Did the USCIS give out any numbers regarding how many applications were pending in this category before and after June 04?

wellwisher02
05-11-2008, 09:59 PM
-----
The message by a senior IV member (with 642 posts) that 'EB2 retrogression is a possibility' is ushering in negative vibes. Message needs to be clearly communicated if an IV member had a conversation with immigration authorities. This 'thread' seems to tie everything into 'knots' as opposed to unravelling the issues via suggestions and proposed action.

---

After posting my reply as above, the original post has been edited by the originator to provide some more info. On the other hand, it looks like my above message has been taken amiss, going by the change in Green dots from 3 to 1.

singhsa3
05-11-2008, 10:06 PM
The reasons I expressed my unhappiness was the following
You talk about the actions. I have very strong history of such actions. Can the same thing be said about you?. So coming from some one who just talk the talk and cannot walk the walk is not acceptable.
Your chapter leaders are try to execute a very important plan. Do you even know what it is?

So when you start walking the talk then raise finger on me.

And oh! by the way, I did send you the name of the DOS official and our IV liasion in the comment that I left for you.

---

After posting my reply as above, the original post has been edited by the originator to provide some more info. On the other hand, it looks like my above message has been taken amiss, going by the change in Green dots from 3 to 1.

wellwisher02
05-11-2008, 10:23 PM
You talk about the actions. I have very strong history of such actions. Can the same thing be said about you?. So coming from some one who just talk the talk and cannot walk the walk is not acceptable.
Your chapter leaders are try to execute a very important plan. Do you even know what it is?

And oh! by the way, I did send you the name of the DOS official and our IV liasion in the comment that I left for you.
===
Your response is absolutely unprofessional to say the least. I'd not want to stoop to such a low level to refute what you said word for word. You, being the most action-oriented IV person (going by what you said), do not have the etiquette nor the niceties of dealing with a reply that has gone against your grain!

Good show! And how!

singhsa3
05-11-2008, 10:40 PM
First I don't think it was unprofessional.
Second, tell me your level and I will try to match that
Third, you don't smell or talk like a winner.
Fourth, you are the one who gave me the red first. Now don't deny it because I can see it!

===
Your response is absolutely unprofessional to say the least. I'd not want to stoop to such a low level to refute what you said word for word. You, being the most action-oriented IV person (going by what you said), do not have the etiquette nor the niceties of dealing with a reply that has gone against your grain!

Good show! And how!

hopefulgc
05-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Is there anybody else from IV who can throw light on this and lend credibility to what Mr. singhsa3 is stating?

Why can't this information be reported professionally with the complete transcript of what DOS said?

Why are there so many cover and blinds and smokes and mirrors over a simple thing like this?

singhsa3
05-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Of course, and that is a professional and constructive way of asking. Thanks

Please contact Vamsi Poondla , your state chapter lead. There was a IV call that happened yesterday.

Is there anybody else from IV who can throw light on this and lend credibility to what Mr. singhsa3 is stating?

Why can't this information be reported professionally with the complete transcript of what DOS said?

Why are there so many cover and blinds and smokes and mirrors over a simple thing like this?

hopefulgc
05-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Yesterday? Wow... i guess DOS works on saturday.

BTW.. you might wanna watch your attitude there, chief.

and JSYk

"There was an IV call..."
as opposed to
"There was a IV call"

Transcripts anyone?

Of course, and that is a professional and constructive way of asking. Thanks

Please contact Vamsi Poondla , your state chapter lead. There was a IV call that happened yesterday.

santb1975
05-12-2008, 12:19 AM
Please channel all your energies positively. We have lots of work to do and we need volunteers to work on some important issues

The IV call that happened yesterday was between Chapter Leaders. Contact your state chapter leads for more info/ action items and please help them out. We need to really work hard to get relief to all of us

drirshad
05-12-2008, 01:00 AM
05/11/2008: Pending Employment-Based Immigration Bills in Congress Monitor

* Currently there are 13 bills which are pending in the House and the Senate which we reported earlier. Most of these bills are related to extension of the laws that face sunset or H-1B number increase and other nonimmigrant visa relief or employment-based immigrant relief either through recapture of the unused numbers and reform of the immigration categories. Out of these bills, only Religious Worker visa extension bill passed in the House and referred to the Senate for its action, and all other bills remain stuck at the level of Judiciary Committee of House or Senate. We are posting the list of these bills to remind the business community of need for their increased action to push these bills for the earlier mark-ups.

H.R. 5060 5-Year P Visas for Athletes (Sanchez)
H.R. 5569 EB-5 Investor Immigration Regional Center Law Extension (Lofgren)
H.R. 5570 Extension of Religious Worker Law (Lofgren)
H.R. 5571 Conrad 30 NIW Extension for Foreign Doctors (Lofgren)
H.R. 5630 H-1B Increase (Gifford)
H.R. 5642 H-1B Increase Bill (Lamar Smith)
H.R. 5882 EB Visa Number Recapture (Lofgren)
H.R. 5921 Country Limit Elimination (Lofgren)
H.R. 5924
H.R. 5634

Nursing Immigration Relief (Waxler)

Certain Ph.D. Exempt form Numberical Limit (Kennedy)
S. 2653 Action Act (Coleman) including Reinstatement of EB Nonimmigrant Visa Revalidation
S. 2839 Global Competitive Act (Cornyn) including Recapture + H-1B Number Increase
S. 2868 DV Lottery Substitued by EB Immigrants (Gregg)

wellwisher02
05-12-2008, 07:46 AM
Please channel all your energies positively. We have lots of work to do and we need volunteers to work on some important issues

The IV call that happened yesterday was between Chapter Leaders. Contact your state chapter leads for more info/ action items and please help them out. We need to really work hard to get relief to all of us
----

Agree with you. However, senior member like Singh ought to be professional in his response, accepting constructive criticism for better communication. He should not measure other members' corn by his own bushel. On the contrary, his response smacks of childish and amateurish behaviour. You're absolutely right that we need to exude positive energy. That's exactly what I said in my response to Singh since his message (since edited) was blunt and ushering in negative vibes.
BTW, my reputation has gone down to RED (from 3 green dots to 2 green dots to 1 red in a span of 6 hours). Why? Because my response is not appreciated. So much for candid discussion and appreciation of constructive criticism. Senior members who tout 'achievements' and 'firsts' to their credit ought to play a major role in bringing many new members into their fold and sustaining their motivation.

hopefulgc
05-12-2008, 08:09 AM
wellwisher, i concur with your agruments.
You've got some green.

pappu
05-12-2008, 09:50 AM

I agree we need to get everyone to post their data on IV tracker so that we can get some data to calculate. If we have this calculation based on IV website, it will be more credible when we approach lawmakers and tell them about retrogression.

Each member is requested to put their data in the IV tracker and also urge others to do the same.
I have personally stopped answering questions of members who have incomplete or fake data in their profile. Hope this will help people spend a few minutes and update their profile.

rockstart
05-12-2008, 10:15 AM
There are some issues with tracker. When user enters data and submits it. In case there is some error the entire page gets blanked so the user has to re-type every thing. This make it pretty frustrating. I would appeal to the designer of the tracker to make very few fields mandatory like Priority Date, EB Category, Country of Birth, 140 Approval Date, 485 filed date. The other fields like 140 mailed date, 140 received date, 485 mailed date, 485 received date should be optional since they do not add a lot of values and lot of people do not even remember these dates. ( even for 140 / labor we should accept MMYYYY since exact DDMMYYYY is not needed). I really appreciate the effort taken by the designer in creating this tracker ( I am sure he/she has done it for free and really thank them from bottom of my heart for that) but I think making it a little flexible will encourage a lot of people to add info to it.

vxg
05-12-2008, 10:17 AM
When the official June VB comes out we may be able to verify this announcement as the VB generally contains predictions for future too. So wait and see it should be published today.

gc_kaavaali
05-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Can somebody tell me how do we know whether application has being submitted in EB2 category or EB3 category? Is it mentioned in labor or I-140 documents? I have all my documents.

pointlesswait
05-12-2008, 10:40 AM
this dude takes everything personally..

anyway..apart from being bad news....it time u get active in ur local chapters..also being the election year ...immigration issue is a..pretty touchy issue!!!

easygoer
05-12-2008, 11:44 AM
The point here is we need more and more active mebers who sends emails and letters to senators and congressmen. We have seen the unpredictability of USCIS and can not just hold back and take whatever it may come.

hopefulgc
05-12-2008, 12:12 PM
removed...

this dude takes everything personally..

anyway..apart from being bad news....it time u get active in ur local chapters..also being the election year ...immigration issue is a..pretty touchy issue!!!

singhsa3
05-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Just FYI, I have not given you any reds. I know you have been somewhat active and thats what is more important to me. Enjoy the green dots from me

true....

So much for donating money to IV... you get back reds if you take initiative or raise your voice.
What's up IV leadership? Are you able to control guys like singhsa3?

WaitingForMyGC
05-12-2008, 12:36 PM
wellwisher, i concur with your agruments.
You've got some green.

Green dots are not Green Cards ..man..aim high :-)

kaisersose
05-12-2008, 01:00 PM
true....

So much for donating money to IV... you get back reds if you take initiative or raise your voice.
What's up IV leadership? Are you able to control guys like singhsa3?

In general, people who are active on a certain project for sometime eventually lose patience with those who are vocal without active participation.

Having said that, DOS communicating to IV that eb2 India will not move for the rest of the fiscal is a key piece of info and the expectation is for such news to delivered by someone from the core. Since that was not the case and no names were mentioned, it is only natural that some people will raise questions. Also, the post originally said the info came from CIS and since CIS is not the authority on visa movement, it was inevitable that questions would pop up.

sparta
05-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Official June 08' Bulletin.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4231.html

gconmymind
05-12-2008, 01:39 PM

No word about EB2 though. My guess is that EB2 may not move forward for the rest of the year unless some numbers spill over from EB1.

Please donate to the bills funding drive.

rockstart
05-12-2008, 01:46 PM
What about ROW EB2 spillover to India and China?

gccovet
05-12-2008, 01:49 PM

For India:
EB2 - Progressed to 1APR04
EB3- Did not change.
EB3 other - No change (1 Jan 03)

ROW- EB2- Current
ROW- EB3- 1 Mar 06
ROW- EB3Others- 1 Jan 03.

For China
EB3- 22Mar 03.

Humhongekamyab
05-12-2008, 02:09 PM
EB-3 India last year in the month of May (June Bulletin) was June 1, 2003 and this year is November 1, 2001. That is a difference (backward movement) of 19 months.

EB-2 India last year in the month of May (June Bulletin) was April 1, 2004 and this year too it is April 1, 2004.

mpadapa
05-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Looks like singhsa3's assertion is quite true. Based on the comments on the visa bulletin, EB3 is maxed out for the year. EB2 might be next in line esp with slight forward movement (EB2-India, China) in the June bulletin.

For India:
EB3- Did not change.

ROW- EB2- Current
ROW- EB3- 1 Mar 06
ROW- EB3Others- 1 Jan 03.

For China
EB3- 22Mar 03.

kris04
05-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Dear Friends,

June 2008 official bulletin has clarified everything, what Mr. Singhsa3 quoted was partly true but it was for EB3, i.e. it is going to retrogress from July. I guess we can focus our thoughts towards our goal of Backlog reduction etc..

"E. EMPLOYMENT THIRD PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY

Demand for numbers, primarily by Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices for adjustment of status cases, is expected to bring the Employment Third preference category very close to the annual numerical limit in June. As a result, this category is likely to experience retrogressions or visa unavailability beginning in July. Such action would only be temporary, however, and a complete recovery of the cut-off dates would occur for October, the first month of the new fiscal year.
"

regards

kris

hopefulgc
05-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Peace from my side chief...

btw .. was looking at the june 08 bulletin.

it says:

Demand for numbers, primarily by Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices for adjustment of status cases, is expected to bring the Employment Third preference category very close to the annual numerical limit in June. As a result, this category is likely to experience retrogressions or visa unavailability beginning in July. Such action would only be temporary, however, and a complete recovery of the cut-off dates would occur for October, the first month of the new fiscal year.

-----
Did DOS indicate that this was the case for EB3 or for EB2?

Peace

Just FYI, I have not given you any reds. I know you have been somewhat active and thats what is more important to me. Enjoy the green dots from me

mpadapa
05-12-2008, 02:29 PM
What the June visa bulletin has shown us that the "demand for visa's" far exceeds the "supply of visa's". The only way we can have meaningful forward movement of dates is to get more visa's into the system. Let us all work towards gathering support for the bills HR5882 and HR5921

Please contact your lawmakers to support these 2 bills. Recapture can introduce 218K visa's into the system. Come on folks, Join your state chapter and work on the immediate action items.

InTheMoment
05-12-2008, 03:43 PM
I am not talking about the veracity of the info posted by the thread opener, but am not clear how that info relates to what the visa bulletin writes about the EB3.

The initial poster talks about EB2 only isn't it ?

hopefulgc
05-12-2008, 03:47 PM
yeah.. the EB2 part mentioned was what got a few of us confused..
I guess singhsa3 can clear this confusion up.

I am not talking about the veracity of the info posted by the thread opener, but am not clear how that info relates to what the visa bulletin writes about the EB3.

The initial poster talks about EB2 only isn't it ?

nixstor
05-12-2008, 04:12 PM
I guess this is what the OP wanted to tell.

EB2 India will NOT fly beyond last months of 04 and into 05/06 in the last quarter as many people are expecting it to fly. There is a slim chance for retrogression if they see more demand. None of the EB2/3 categories will not move as they did last year during the last year July VB.

There is a clear & heavy demand from USCIS for visa numbers in all categories and DOS is moving the dates already in such a way to maximize the utilization of visa numbers.

gc_kaavaali
05-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Can somebody help me?

Can somebody tell me how do we know whether application has being submitted in EB2 category or EB3 category? Is it mentioned in labor or I-140 documents? I have all my documents.

randomdude
05-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Can somebody help me?

My approved labor mentioned something like 'Mimimum Masters required or equivalent experience' - which means EB2 . I am guessing something like this should be mentioned in your labor app too. Check that

In any case, this is the wrong thread for such queries

Abhinaym
05-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Can somebody help me?

Check in the i-140, in the box that says 'Notice Type'

If it says "Mem of Profession w/Adv Deg, or of Exceptn'l Ability Sec.203(b)(2)"
then it should be EB2 (AFAIK)

-
(rendu gclu kaavaali, beram istaava?)

singhsa3
05-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Please see Nixtor's reply. He is more closer to the issue than I am..
yeah.. the EB2 part mentioned was what got a few of us confused..
I guess singhsa3 can clear this confusion up.

hopefulgc
05-12-2008, 04:37 PM
thanks chief

People,

lets raise some money and make some noise

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19062

Please see Nixtor's reply. He is more closer to the issue than I am..

aamchimumbai
05-12-2008, 04:50 PM
All,

I have a situation and wanted to know your opinion:

Previous Company -
Labor category - EB3 (PD - Jan'04)
I-140 approved (Feb'07)

Switched company to a new employer in Jun'07 (Yeah! just before everything became current)

New Company -
New Labor filed: EB-2 category (Dec'07)
I-140 filed and is pending (Feb'08) (trying to port old PD).

Based on the June'08 visa bulletin can I file my I-485 by using the old priority date of EB-3 labor and old approved I-140....although my current I-140 (EB-2) is still pending.

Gurus what are your thoughts.......

Thanks to all your responses in advance.

pointlesswait
05-12-2008, 07:28 PM
:cool:ur labor must say that MS required for this position and the relavent pay data must be shown in the labor application..
also you I-140 shoudl say what Eb category it is!!!

also:
a.) You can ask your lawyer
b.) If you ad said MS required, then EB2 is probable!

My approved labor mentioned something like 'Mimimum Masters required or equivalent experience' - which means EB2 . I am guessing something like this should be mentioned in your labor app too. Check that

In any case, this is the wrong thread for such queries

ski_dude12
05-12-2008, 09:04 PM
This is what has put everyone off really. I hope singhsa realizes that lot of ppl visit this forum and misleading posts do no good really. Already lot of people are disheartened with this whole GC process and his misleading thread topic didn't do much to help either.

I wonder why he picked EB2 in particular? He has amended it to July-Oct which is good but his original post was really misleading and disheartening.

For Information Only:
Based on an IV member's discussions with a high ranking official in DOS
There may be no further movements in EB2 India category for the rest of the year (July onwards till Oct).

kshitijnt
05-12-2008, 09:27 PM
All,

I have a situation and wanted to know your opinion:

Previous Company -
Labor category - EB3 (PD - Jan'04)
I-140 approved (Feb'07)

Switched company to a new employer in Jun'07 (Yeah! just before everything became current)

New Company -
New Labor filed: EB-2 category (Dec'07)
I-140 filed and is pending (Feb'08) (trying to port old PD).

Based on the June'08 visa bulletin can I file my I-485 by using the old priority date of EB-3 labor and old approved I-140....although my current I-140 (EB-2) is still pending.

Gurus what are your thoughts.......

Thanks to all your responses in advance.

Yes go ahead and file 485. Congrats and enjoy :)

singhsa3
05-12-2008, 10:47 PM
I stand by what I said earlier. Moreover, please see the last updated date on my original post, it was a day before the June visa bulletin was published. Sorry for the confusion but the message is the same.
This is what has put everyone off really. I hope singhsa realizes that lot of ppl visit this forum and misleading posts do no good really. Already lot of people are disheartened with this whole GC process and his misleading thread topic didn't do much to help either.

I wonder why he picked EB2 in particular? He has amended it to July-Oct which is good but his original post was really misleading and disheartening.

hopefulgc
05-12-2008, 11:04 PM
maybe its just me...
but i gather pretty different meaning from
what singhsa3 is stating (EB2: no progress after june, likely retro)
and
what nixtor is stating (EB2: possible progress until Dec 04 form july - Oct.. slim chance of retro)

true.. it does adds to confusion and is pretty aggravating.

I guess this is what the OP wanted to tell.

EB2 India will NOT fly beyond last months of 04 and into 05/06 in the last quarter as many people are expecting it to fly. There is a slim chance for retrogression if they see more demand. None of the EB2/3 categories will not move as they did last year during the last year July VB.

There is a clear & heavy demand from USCIS for visa numbers in all categories and DOS is moving the dates already in such a way to maximize the utilization of visa numbers.

singhsa3
05-12-2008, 11:18 PM
Nixtor is saying "EB2 India will NOT fly beyond last months of 04 " which is not same as "EB2: possible progress until Dec 04 form july - Oct" .

maybe its just me...
but i gather pretty different meaning from
what singhsa3 is stating (EB2: no progress after june, likely retro)
and
what nixtor is stating (EB2: possible progress until Dec 04 form july - Oct.. slim chance of retro)

true.. it does adds to confusion and is pretty aggravating.

aamchimumbai
05-13-2008, 01:03 AM
Yes go ahead and file 485. Congrats and enjoy :)

Hello kshitijnt,

I have got mixed responses on the forum and my lawyer sort of hinted that I may not qualify to file I-485. Are you aware of someone who actually filed I485 this way or any reference that I may use it to my advantage.

Thanks again for your response.

Regards

chetanjumani
05-13-2008, 10:16 AM

gc_on_demand
05-13-2008, 10:30 AM
30 Members from Tristate already sent email / faxes to their local lawmakers.

DID YOU ? Please act now.

singhsa3
05-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Yes, I am aware what I have written and I am talking specifically about Eb2.
I am not aware of any reasons that was cited but I will try to find out. My guess is , it is just a matter of demand vs supply.

singhsa3,

Your post actually is speaking about Eb2 and the bullitien is more specific about Eb3, so before or after the bullitien is actually irrelevant.

Are you sure the concerns DOS shared were EB2 and not EB3. This is more a wishful question, since I am still wishful that EB2 will move forward, specifially because I am expecting EB4 and EB5 to go to EB1 and then all of that come to EB2.

Did he share any reason why the EB4/EB5/EB1/EB2 will not help EB2 retrogressed in the next 4 months ?

Thanks,
Chetan

bazuka6
05-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Yes, I am aware what I have written and I am talking specifically about Eb2.
I am not aware of any reasons that was cited but I will try to find out. My guess is , it is just a matter of demand vs supply.

Guys , what the heck is this ?

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9941962-7.html?tag=nefd.riv

Or is IV already working its way through these ?

rx100
05-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Since Singhsa is certain about what he said earlier, lets try to focus
on what he has to say further.

Singhsa: Could you please add as much available information about what you
have heard regarding the EB2 dates, if possible?

Now there are more people, becoming more curious, and seriously concerned
about the facts...

Regards,
RX100

mheggade
05-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Hello kshitijnt,

I have got mixed responses on the forum and my lawyer sort of hinted that I may not qualify to file I-485. Are you aware of someone who actually filed I485 this way or any reference that I may use it to my advantage.

Thanks again for your response.

Regards

I think your Lawyer is correct. You need to wait until your I140 is approved (also means your old PD is successfully ported). Then only you are eligible to file for I485.

jackisback
05-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Guys , what the heck is this ?

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9941962-7.html?tag=nefd.riv

Or is IV already working its way through these ?

Yes, I saw this too. Immigration-law.com has a link to this news item.

Looks like whatever efforts we at IV put in it is not going to go through unless CIR is re-introduced.
Is there a solution for this? It looks like they have a veto power... :(

desi chala usa
05-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Durinng past weekend I was invited in Jena Bush's wedding ceremony.....It happend for me to meet Mr. President near bar and we talked around 5 - 10 mins. I explained him regarding pain we are facing in immigration process and all............He gave me assurance that he will talk with relevant people and try to solve the issue.

Hope it works for us!! :D

virald
05-13-2008, 10:57 PM
Durinng past weekend I was invited in Jena Bush's wedding ceremony.....It happend for me to meet Mr. President near bar and we talked around 5 - 10 mins. I explained him regarding pain we are facing in immigration process and all............He gave me assurance that he will talk with relevant people and try to solve the issue.

Please tell me you are kidding! or at least articulate a little more.... :rolleyes:

GC_Optimist
05-13-2008, 11:54 PM

Hopefully you got up from the dream sober :)

amsgc
05-14-2008, 12:10 AM

If this is indeed true, then that's great! Good job!!

On the other hand, if you pulled this one out of your ass, then its not very funny.

pmb76
05-14-2008, 12:21 AM

You should first learn to spell "Jenna Bush" correctly. Can you even write a sentence in English without making typos or grammatical errors ? What a numbskull !

sumagiri
05-14-2008, 02:52 PM
After some analysis, The original post makes lot of sense to me.

It appears like USCIS has changed its way of using numbers. In previous years, USCIS used huge numbers in 4th quarter (about 40%). This time, it appears like they are using up 27% in each quarter by diverting unused numbers in other categories to EB2. Also, in testimony it was stated that they used up 65% of USCIS quota in first 7 months. That leaves me to conclude that there will be only 19% of visas left over in 4th quarter. So EB2 also may not move much or in worst scenario, it may become unavailable before end of quarter.

mantric
05-15-2008, 06:59 AM
but in an earlier post you calculated that the outlook is very good for this category this year ?? :confused:

now you seem to be contradicting yourself as original post is claiming EB2 india will be unavailable for rest of the year not just this quarter.

I tend to agree with your previous analysis.
we have seen it go U last quarter then open up again.
it may go U again this quarter but should open up in last quarter again.

sumagiri
05-15-2008, 12:02 PM
but in an earlier post you calculated that the outlook is very good for this category this year ?? :confused:

now you seem to be contradicting yourself as original post is claiming EB2 india will be unavailable for rest of the year not just this quarter.

I tend to agree with your previous analysis.
we have seen it go U last quarter then open up again.
it may go U again this quarter but should open up in last quarter again.

Thanks for reading my previous two posts.

I would like to detail my posts little more to clarify myself. The posts are not contradictory. It is still really a good year for EB2. I still believe EB2 is getting good number of visas this year. It is only the timing of visas. Usually USCIS issues large portion of visas in last quarter. However this year, going by what is mentioned in Dec 2007 visa bulliten and also the testimony, It "appears" like they already approved a major portion of EB2s this year. So only a small percentage is left out in last quarter.

I appreciate any feed back.

Testimony by Michael Aytes

"Though we still have challenges to overcome, USCIS is currently showing improvements as a result of process improvements. As of April 25, 2008, USCIS had adjudicated over 65 percent of its FY 2008 target for employment-based visas. With five months to go in FY 2008, this is a strong start. We plan to continue implementing process improvements and new reporting mechanisms for managing these important applications."

Dec 2007 Visa bulletin

CHINA-mainland born and INDIA:

Employment Preferences:

First: Continued heavy demand may require the establishment of a cut-off date at some point during the fiscal year.

Second: Demand during October and the first week of November has already used over 38 percent of the annual limit. It is hoped that the December retrogressions will return monthly number use within the target range. If not, further retrogressions cannot be ruled out.

SunnySurya
06-10-2008, 09:54 AM
I guess the thread was right...

gc_on_demand
06-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Folks

July bulletin is OUT and NO more significant movement. Please call Lawmakers ASAP. Unless we take action USCIS is not going to do anything. Situation can be worse once we head towards election season. Still we have 1-2 months to get things done or we will be waiting for years to get green card OR EAD ( For some folks ).

It is just 10-15 minutes need to spend to call. Let them know WHO WE ARE AND WHAT ARE OUR ISSUES .

Please I request all of you to call , if you already call then ask your friends and family members to call.

Now its time to act. If we dont take action CHC will not allow to move ahead our 3 bills.

CALL NOW .... and Spread this message to everyone.

akkakarla
06-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Folks

July bulletin is OUT and NO more significant movement. Please call Lawmakers ASAP. Unless we take action USCIS is not going to do anything. Situation can be worse once we head towards election season. Still we have 1-2 months to get things done or we will be waiting for years to get green card OR EAD ( For some folks ).

It is just 10-15 minutes need to spend to call. Let them know WHO WE ARE AND WHAT ARE OUR ISSUES .

Please I request all of you to call , if you already call then ask your friends and family members to call.

Now its time to act. If we dont take action CHC will not allow to move ahead our 3 bills.

CALL NOW .... and Spread this message to everyone.

Whom to call and spread what?? We have been calling from 2006 onwards

wandmaker
06-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Whom to call and spread what?? We have been calling from 2006 onwards

read the homepage for action items - Remember July 07 fiasco

Aah_GC
06-15-2008, 01:19 PM
This is indeed the most funniest thing ever said on IV. How do you guys manage to pull these things?:o

Hopefully you got up from the dream sober :)